Bellazon

The 2007 Sport Illustrated Swimsuit discussion

anna89

The notion that models should be versatile is acceptable. But look at actors, they're supposed to be versatile, but few are. Most end up specializing in a genre. Same with models - as specific as a hand model to as prolific as Gisele - there's plenty of room inbetween.

The way I look at the Swimsuit Issue is that it should go to a great swimsuit model - because the issue isn't about versatility, it's about swimsuits.

I wouldn't say Im outraged. Im DISAPPOINTED, there are so many deserving models that it could have done wonders for there careers, While they were Airbrushing the crap out of the cover why didnt they airbrush her in a NECK :yuckky:

I will be skipping buying this years.

WEll thats silly cause that means their not the best of the best.(just like actors) SI shoudl be reserved for the best of the best. The ultimate in versatility.

It's not called the Sports Illustrated Versatility in Modeling Issue.

Supermodel is the highest thing any human can achieve

Now that is silly.

I dont Like beyonce very much, but shes alot more realistic that models, why u got smthg agaisnt her cuz shes african american?thats just freaKIN Low as hell, she has a gorgeous voice, and i admit shes not the skinniest girl but she is pretty.no matter what anyone thinks. she is one of the most popular simngers today, and if her music isisnt selling, she wouldbnt be on teh Cover.and that's that.

Thankyou

I'm not racist. I actually REALLY liked Tyra Bank's cover. As for more realistic? Not all women are freakin curvy like that. My body is probably closer to being slim like most of the models than to beyonce's. Everyone has different taste. But like why isn't she on Maxim or some other magazine. This is SISE and it's meant for models and athletes, not overrated celebs.

It's kind of something silly to get mad about. Most people who subscribe to SI or buy the magazine are guys, and they don't really give a crap about the prestige involved in the cover. I subscribe to SI for the sports, the swimsuit issue is just a bonus -

Having lithe, stick figure models on the cover never really made sense - and while Beyonce doesn't really make any more sense - it isn't any worse. Frankly I think last year's cover was worse. Let's show a bunch of past-their-prime models, hooray!

IMHO it would make sense more for a mag like SI to use actual athletes like Maria Sharapova (even tho I'm not a huge fan) or at least athletic models like Marisa Miller (judge her all you want, but her surfing ability likely far surpasses the best athletic achievement of your favorite model - which would legitimize her more for things like SI than say Victoria's Secret or the runway - admit it).

I'm sure plenty of guys (like my brother and his friends) will not be happy. This is SI and Beyonce has nothing to do with SI. She doesn't have an athletic body she's a freaking singer. Give her Rolling Stone but not this.

Its not nice to say that about beyonce cos she is talented otherwise she wudnt have got the cover but just cos she said that stuff doesnt mean there was a rascist undertone or rasicim. I dont get y ppl r so bothered by this its hardly a thing to get bothered over wen there r serious sh*t happenin in the world that needs more attention than whether beyonce got the cover etc :whistle: im only saying and not havin a go at anyone :whistle:

I'm actually not as mad as I am disappointed. I wanted maybe Ana to get the cover. I mean she gets like no exposure. No one here even knows who she is. Beyonce in no way deserves it.

I think Beyonce is a good role-model for younger girls, as she represents a healthier and more achievable kind of body, but... As mentioned above, I think that they're just doing this for publicity and obviously it's working. Some people are boycotting the magazine because you can download the images of you models you like anyways, but Beyonce got so many votes on that crazy askmen.com poll. Just think about how many people will be buying it for the girl who was voted the sexiest woman of the year? But... Sure, Beyonce may be on the cover but her pictures are in no way comparable to any of the other girls. She just looks too average in comparison, in my opinion, and I think once you look at the other girls you kind of forget about who's on the cover anyways.

Just as long as VS avoids using singers and actresses on their covers/shows/ads, then I think I'll be okay. :p

That's different than "the highest thing a human can achieve." Best job combines different factors.

A greater achievement? Leaving a lasting mark on history so that people will know your name hundreds and thousands of years after you die - now that's the ultimate achievement. No one is going to care about Adriana or Gisele in 100 years.

I think Beyonce is a good role-model for younger girls, as she represents a healthier and more achievable kind of body, but... As mentioned above, I think that they're just doing this for publicity and obviously it's working. Some people are boycotting the magazine because you can download the images of you models you like anyways, but Beyonce got so many votes on that crazy askmen.com poll. Just think about how many people will be buying it for the girl who was voted the sexiest woman of the year? But... Sure, Beyonce may be on the cover but her pictures are in no way comparable to any of the other girls. She just looks too average in comparison, in my opinion, and I think once you look at the other girls you kind of forget about who's on the cover anyways.

Just as long as VS avoids using singers and actresses on their covers/shows/ads, then I think I'll be okay. :p

Yeah that's true. I think they just did it for the publicity. My brother and I bet on who was going to be on the cover Marissa or ana and we both lost.