Bellazon

The 2007 Sport Illustrated Swimsuit discussion

anna89

where are they?!?!

Also, I'll agree, beyonce on the cover is awful.

First of all she's not a model, second of all, its not even a good picture.

Maybe this is the sign that the swimsuit is no longer as special as it once was. In a world with victoria's secret lingerie, somehow it makes sense that mostly modest swimsuit pictures don't excite the way they used to.

You know, Dreamgirls...Beyonce has never been so popular like right now. Jay-Z, her new album, Dreamgirls with Grammy (grammy?? some award for sure...eventhough not for her) I think it´s all about this....I LOVE her, I adore her, but frankly, this isn´t apropriate...she shouldn´t be on the cover, not THIS cover :no:

ridiculous.

the model selection might be fine (WOW Irina! Never noticed her before!)

but, the photos themselves are dreadful. the locations are terrible!

what happened to the place being as big a part of the pic as the model? remember when Rebecca Romijn was on the cover in 2000, they did this whole shoot at the "Not So Virgin Islands". the pictures were absolutely STUNNING. i'm not even a fan of Yamila, but there was one pic of her on the beach in a huge urn/vase. magnificent. the beauty of the setting made her all the more beautiful. these pics here are totally uninspired. look at Anne V's shoot. WTF?!?! that looks like a cheap spread from a Maxim magazine.

not happy. look at Selita's pics. i'm very glad that she's in the issue, cause she's absolutely gorgeous, BUT -- there is practically NO light in her pictures. they're all so uber-bland. BLAH! where's the sunshine?? where are the palm trees and beaches and turquoise waters?!?!?

pathetic. i've been consistently let down by this magazine for the past few years. they need to get someone new on board.

I am. She looks like a tank. She has gross thick thighs and her pictures weren't even good. She's not an athlete or a model and this probably doesn't even mean much to her. Bar's shoot and Marissa's shoot (the only ones I have really seen so far) aswell as Selita's were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY hotter than this. Not only that but Beyonce is so overrated anyway. She can't sing and when she dances she looks like she's having a seizure. It just made me so mad because it's like models are gone. I mean when was the last time you saw a model on US Vogue? They let Jennifer Hudson looking like crap be on the cover and like she's a reality tv reject. Seriously it's horrible. It just makes me so mad. They're probably going to let actresses and dingers and other overrated celebrities be in VSFS soon. Like it wouldn't even surprise me.

I am. She looks like a tank. She has gross thick thighs and her pictures weren't even good. She's not an athlete or a model and this probably doesn't even mean much to her. Bar's shoot and Marissa's shoot (the only ones I have really seen so far) aswell as Selita's were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY hotter than this. Not only that but Beyonce is so overrated anyway. She can't sing and when she dances she looks like she's having a seizure. It just made me so mad because it's like models are gone. I mean when was the last time you saw a model on US Vogue? They let Jennifer Hudson looking like crap be on the cover and like she's a reality tv reject. Seriously it's horrible. It just makes me so mad. They're probably going to let actresses and dingers and other overrated celebrities be in VSFS soon. Like it wouldn't even surprise me.

I agree. No way Beyonce should have gotten the cover...There were girls with waaaay better shots than hers.

I dont Like beyonce very much, but shes alot more realistic that models, why u got smthg agaisnt her cuz shes african american?thats just freaKIN Low as hell, she has a gorgeous voice, and i admit shes not the skinniest girl but she is pretty.no matter what anyone thinks. she is one of the most popular simngers today, and if her music isisnt selling, she wouldbnt be on teh Cover.and that's that.

Thankyou

I dont Like beyonce very much, but shes alot more realistic that models, why u got smthg agaisnt her cuz shes african american?thats just freaKIN Low as hell, she has a gorgeous voice, and i admit shes not the skinniest girl but she is pretty.no matter what anyone thinks. she is one of the most popular simngers today, and if her music isisnt selling, she wouldbnt be on teh Cover.and that's that.

Thankyou

she didnt say it was cos she was african american just that there were other girls with better pics than her so lets all just calm dwn ppl :whistle:

I'm not really outraged, since it's been a while that I actually cared about the swimsuit issue. But I see it as a stupid publicity stunt. And it looks like it's working. Now everyone is saying "Did you see that they put Beyonce on the COVER!?!?!?! OMG WTF!?!?! They didn't use a model like they always do!!!"

And everyone will go check out the issue to see it for themselves. Anything to drum up a little interest and a few more sales. It's what they've been doing for the last few years, and they'll probably keep doing it until it no longer works.

:blah: