Girls Aloud
Thumbnail

ChardDeanAnderso

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Girls Aloud & Spice Girls To Duet?

So, could we be seeing a duet between Girls Aloud and the Spice Girls?

Well it sounds like a fusion many a pop fan would die for.

The current queens of British girlband pop, squaring up with the former monarchs, who have recently announced a reunion.

Well it could happen, according to Girls Aloud member, Kimberley Walsh, 25.

Speaking exclusively to The Champion backstage after their Summer Pops gig at Aintree, she contemplated the idea.

"Ooh that would be interesting,” she said, looking up inquisitively. “Yeah, that would be quite funny actually. Who knows?"

The Spicies’ reunion also prompted another question. Does Girls Aloud feel threatened that the godmothers had returned, possibly to steal their thunder?

"We are doing really well at the minute so we don't feel threatened at all,” said Kimberley. “They were amazing and I think it will just be good fun to see them back together."

On to other matters, this performance was the girls’ first Liverpool date.

Band member and Geordie, Cheryl Cole, 24, talked about her love for the city.

"Honestly, I am genuine when I say, I love Scousers, I just do,” said Cheryl, who is married to Chelsea player, Ashley Cole. “People say the Geordies and the Scousers are very similar, and I think that’s true.

"A few weeks ago I was watching a football game and Liverpool were getting beat and I couldn't believe how the supporters stood up and sung You'll Never Walk Alone even though they were getting beat. I had goosebumps all the way up my back and my hair was standing up on the back of my neck.

"I used to come here more before I got married and stuff. I used to go out on nights out here with Nicola. I loved it and everyone is always really friendly."

So finally, are they splitting up like some newspapers would have us believe?

“The new album is out in November, so no, we're not splitting up,” confirmed Cheryl. “The new single is also out in September. It's fantastic, but I'm going to keep my mouth s***. It's good, put it that way."

Maybe a phone call to the Spice Girls is on the cards? Who knows?

Exclusive interview with Richard Lackey

• 1 month later...