Bellazon

Windows Vista

Qball

So, the new version of Windows is now available. I've heard some info on the TV, mostly Bill Gates and his companions boasting about their latest achievement. It reminds me of the hype that broke out when Windows XP was introduced to the market. So what? The system turned out to be one of the weakest in history, with all those Service Packs that needed to be released, since XP did not provide sufficient protection from trojans and spywares.

I wonder how many errors there are in the Vista system.

Please post your comments.

I tried it a little bit at a computer store. It is a goodlooking OS. I have to say they really used OSX as a template. Still love the mac. But I think for now you don't really need to upgrade to XP yet. XP is sufficient for a little of people who only surf on the internet and download a little. Wait till you buy a new computer and get it with Vista installed.

Yepp.. lot of PC's get free vista!!!

You get nothing for free. It's Microsoft, for God's sake!

Anyway, even if I wanted to install Vista on my computer, it wouldn't work because it seems to have pretty huge hardware requirements.

F*ck it. I'll never try it. I'll stick with XP, even if it's known to be the least stable system ever released.

• 2 weeks later...

To me, the Vista OS looks wonderfully clean and refreshing in terms of its interface - of course they've miniced quite a few of the components from Mac, but hey. I'll wait and see before making a full judgement though, after all, we don't want to have to be installing 'XP Pack' style things all over again.

If you had to buy new - Vista or OSX Leopard? :ninja:

• 3 weeks later...
If you had to buy new - Vista or OSX Leopard? :ninja:

Why doesn't anyone mention linux (e.g. ubuntu: www.ubuntu.com) ?

- Far less hardware dependent

- If you install compiz/beryl you'll have a cooler and more usefull 3d desktop environment

- A lot more secure

- It's free

- Excellent packet management (=software installer)

- You control your computer, not windows

I'm using ubuntu for about two years now, i'll never go back to bloated windows. Mac OS X however is very nice, i bought a macbook a few weeks ago and I'm really amazed of the "easy of use".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the RC1 release, I got it for free as a beta tester but never got to use it because I only have 128MB memory card and needed 512MB, Vista is very very secure, so much so that the makers of antivirus and malware software were complaining about it.

Mac is too expensive for what they make and mostly uses stuff that they make only while Microsoft allows any company to make programs for their software.

Man, I really didnt pay attention to any virus protection or secure firewall or all that stuffs (I didnt even buy the Norton Ghost) ... i just cared about the beauty of my desktop and it supplied me enough of it !!! :|

I have the RC1 release, I got it for free as a beta tester but never got to use it because I only have 128MB memory card and needed 512MB, Vista is very very secure, so much so that the makers of antivirus and malware software were complaining about it.

Mac is too expensive for what they make and mostly uses stuff that they make only while Microsoft allows any company to make programs for their software.

Why, Vista doesn't even have anti-virus software :idk: I had to install one.

• 4 weeks later...

Why, Vista doesn't even have anti-virus software :idk: I had to install one.

Sorry, I can't remember.