Bellazon

Queen of the Catwalk 2020

missliss1988

Hello everyone!

As you all know I'm pretty active on this forum the the last few months. Maybe it's nice to tell something about myself and why I only recently start posting on this forum. I always liked fashion but I was more of a 'pageant girl' (meaning I literally watch every national/international pageant if possible). Well, we all know that Covid-19 changed a lot of things and therefore at the moment there aren't many pageants and I started to get really bored. I always looked on Bellazon and thought why not register?! ;) I'm really enjoying all of the competitions here and I started to think about another one. 

For some reason I'm always more focused on runway models than 'commercial' models. And that's why I thought maybe it's a fun idea of making this competition 'Queen of the Catwalk 2020'. You can nominate every model who has walked more than 10 shows this year (you can easily search this on models.com) and then they going to battle it out against eachother. I don't have the whole 'construction' in my head, so feel free to come with tips and suggestions!

Greetings,

Melissa

I will begin with 8 girls nominated by myself and I will add your nominations as soon as possible!

1. Felice Noordhoff

2. Valerie Scherzinger

3. Adut Akech

4. Sacha Quenby

5. Krini Hernandez

6. Evie Harris

7. Shayna McNeil

8. Flor Arriola

9. Alberte Mortensen
10. Bella Hadid
11. Evgenia Dubinova

12. Faretta Radic
13. Kaia Gerber
14. Lulu Tenney
15. Mika Schneider
16. Rachelle Harris
17. Rebecca Leigh Longendyke

18. Vittoria Ceretti

19. Mariacarla Boscono

20. Luna Bijl

21. Mayowa Nicholas

22. Imaan Hammam

23. Tami Williams

24. Irina Shayk

25. Gigi Hadid 

26. Anok Yai

27. Meghan Roche

28. Yasmin Wijnaldum 

29. Jade Nguyen

30. Abby Champion 

31. Agi Akur

32. Giedre Dukauskaite

33. Rianne van Rompaey 

34. Kiki Willems

35. Malika Louback

36. Anna Ewers

37. Sora Choi

38. Kristina Grikaite

39. Estelle Chen

40 Josephine Adam

41. Mathilde Henning

42. Alexandra Micu

43. Birgit Kos

44. Nora Attal

45. Maartje Verhoef

46. Mona Tougaard

47. Vika Evseeva

48. Africa Penalver

49. Cynthia Arrebola

50. Fran Summers

51. Maty Fall

52. Olivia Vinten

53. Malika El Maslouhi

54. Blesnya Minher

55. Barbara Valente

56. Jill Kortleve

57. Sarah Dahl

58. Merel Zoet

58. Aivita Muze

59. Karlijn Kusters

60. Berit Heitmann

61. Patrycja Piekarska

62. He Cong

63. Maria Miguel

64. Noortje Haak

Well, I have a feeling there's not much interest for this. 🤣 So I will give it a last try. I made a list of the models who walked more than 10 shows this year (as far as I know) and you can nominate 8 (or less ofcourse ;)) girls until we have 64 girls.

Josefine Lynderup

Maike Inga

Lara Mullen

Giselle Norman

Rachel Marx

Evelyn Nagy

Chai Maximus

Deirdre Firinne

Sara Grace Wallerstedt

Aliet Sarah

Lys Lorente

Cara Taylor

Kateryna Zub

Lexi Boling

Julia Merkelbach

Kaila Wyatt

Amira Pinheiro

Sarah Dahl

Tara Falla

Anyelina Rosa

Fatou Jobe

Denise Ascuet

Kyla Ramsey

Naki Depass

Qin Lei

Alise Daugule

Andrea Langfeldt

Sculy Mejia

Eliza Rutson

Maud Hoevelaken

Ugbad

Vika Reza

Justi Ageitos

Naomi Chin Wing

Nina Marker

Signe Veiteberg

Sophie Koella

Lineisy Montero

Yoon Young Bae

Binx Walton

Mica Arganaraz

Achenrin Madit

Vilma Sjoberg

Loli Bahia

Quinn Mora

14 minutes ago, missliss1988 said:

Well, I have a feeling there's not much interest for this. So I will give it a last try. I made a list of the models who walked more than 10 shows this year (as far as I know) and you can nominate 8 (or less ofcourse ;)) girls until we have 64 girls.

I'll make my list tomorrow! :smile:

You can count me in as I've always been much more into HF girls as well.

This year has been quite tumultuous in terms of shows. Because of the Covid, lots of brands did digital presentations only, some girls have not been able to travel... Not to mention how long gone are the days where one model would walk 70+ shows (yes I'm quite nostalgic of this era!). All in all, I'm not sure there's any "relevancy" nowadays. It's just changed so much over the last years. But I'm always glad to see a HF competition so I'm all in!

How many model are listed already?

6 hours ago, VBacz said:

You can count me in as I've always been much more into HF girls as well.

This year has been quite tumultuous in terms of shows. Because of the Covid, lots of brands did digital presentations only, some girls have not been able to travel... Not to mention how long gone are the days where one model would walk 70+ shows (yes I'm quite nostalgic of this era!). All in all, I'm not sure there's any "relevancy" nowadays. It's just changed so much over the last years. But I'm always glad to see a HF competition so I'm all in!

How many model are listed already?

Yes!! 😊 I totally agree with you. It's been quite a year. I can understand that lots of brands didn't choose to do a show but some already decided it before Covid. I'm not a fan of giving a show on a random date instead of fashion week but I can imagine the pressure of the designers on their creativity to manage so many clothing in one year. Maybe it's for the better but at the moment I'm having to get used to it. 🤣

Only 19, so we have a long way to go haha.

1 hour ago, peroxideblonde said:

10 shows are a lot and i'm not really a big fan of HF models so i only have a few names

Vittoria Ceretti

Mariacarla Boscono

Sofia Resing (not sure, she did more than 10 but a few were in 2019 but listed as s/s 2020)

Thanks anyway for your input! I will add them to the list. And I hope throughout the competition you see some real gems are walking on the catwalk 😋

I like HF shows because of the funny clothes, but I don't know enough HF models who are doing runway, or otherwise I would participate. My favorite models are like Lily Aldridge, Lily Easton, Kate Li, Barbara Palvin, Candice Swanepoel, Behati Prinsloo, Josie Canseco....girls who haven't done much runway or at least not recently. Good luck with your competition though! 

Some more names, i don't know if these models are eligible...

Jade Nguyen

Constance Jablonski

Kate Grigorieva

Ophélie Guillermand

Priscilla Ricart

Natalie Roser

Camille Rowe

Cindy Bruna

Frida Aasen

Joy van der Eecken

Angela Ruiz

Sarah Hannoun

Dalianah Areklion

Monica Cima

1 minute ago, Alizarine said:

Some more names, i don't know if these models are eligible...

Jade Nguyen

Constance Jablonski

Kate Grigorieva

Ophélie Guillermand

Priscilla Ricart

Natalie Roser

Camille Rowe

Cindy Bruna

Frida Aasen

Joy van der Eecken

Angela Ruiz

Sarah Hannoun

Dalianah Areklion

Monica Cima

I will look them up for you and if eligible I will add them. Cindy, Kate & Constance are doubtful. But I think Jade has walked enough shows!

13 minutes ago, bump said:

I like HF shows because of the funny clothes, but I don't know enough HF models who are doing runway, or otherwise I would participate. My favorite models are like Lily Aldridge, Lily Easton, Kate Li, Barbara Palvin, Candice Swanepoel, Behati Prinsloo, Josie Canseco....girls who haven't done much runway or at least not recently. Good luck with your competition though! 

Thank you for your responce! And when we have all the models completed you can always join and vote! :)

11 minutes ago, missliss1988 said:

Thank you for your responce! And when we have all the models completed you can always join and vote! :)

Ok, I'll do that! I'll have to look at most of the models threads, but I love doing that, so this sounds great! Thanks for making this competition! I'll keep checking back, but if I miss the first one, could you please let me know that it started so I don't miss too much? I hate asking, but I'm back in classes and don't always get on here every day like I was. thanks in advance! 

2 hours ago, bump said:

Ok, I'll do that! I'll have to look at most of the models threads, but I love doing that, so this sounds great! Thanks for making this competition! I'll keep checking back, but if I miss the first one, could you please let me know that it started so I don't miss too much? I hate asking, but I'm back in classes and don't always get on here every day like I was. thanks in advance! 

Ah you are welcome, I love to do this. OfcourseI will do!