Bellazon

Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings (2021)

Michael*

So, given the array of postponements just recently announced, it would appear that the MCU is taking 2020 off. Unsurprising really, but it does make Endgame feel even more like an actual ending (with Spider-Man: Far From Home as a coda), which makes me wonder how many people might view it that way and kind of stop paying attention now. We shall see.

Be that as it may though, this boasts a talented cast and could be a promising step forward for Marvel, both in its diversity and its apparent commitment to a relatively obscure property.

6 hours ago, avensis said:

A Marvel martial arts movie. it makes me want to know more

I'd love to see them shoot it in traditional martial arts fashion, that could be the way this thing differentiates itself from the rest of Marvel's output.

Although to serve a character purporting to be such a deadly martial artist, the choreography would need to be on roughly the same level as something like John Wick.

• 1 month later...

Completing the film in the midst of a pandemic, which compromised the production of several films, is already an achievement, but the film Shang-Chi and the legend of the ten rings already knows a triumph unique in the history of Marvel: it is the first studio film to be performed entirely by an Asian distribution.

• 5 months later...