Jump to content
Bellazon

Recommended Posts

Skipping over the question if he should have been in the magazine in the first place... if I was held responsible for how I was at 15, or if God forbid social media existed when I was 15, they'd be trying me in The Hague.  I feel bad because I know how big a knucklehead I was at that age 

 

That said... this whole thing... EGAD 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How old is he again? If he is 18 and was using racial slurs hree years ago, I can see why that is a problem, with social media being so present these days I think regardless how much of a wanker you are, you know that racial slurs are a no-go and there's been enough wankers before you being canceled and held accountable for the same thing. However, if this was 10 years ago, before the rise of social media and therefore of awareness on certain topics became such a big thing, particularly in the US, then I think it's a bit harsh to straight up cancel him.

 

Either way, good riddance to him and I hope we never have to endure another mess like this but I am sure MJ will find a way to sink even lower :rofl:

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's so much wrong with the SI Swimsuit issue now that it's almost pointless to even talk about.  It's just not the same product as it was even 5 years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly if its him I dont agree with it. We are a lot less mature when we are 15, when you this young the amount of changes you go through is a lot and you change very quickly. Teenagers are stupid.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If people can cancel and or get someone fired for racial slurs that were said over 20 years ago, why not someone who talked shit at 15? 
Even Justin Timberlake was “forced” to apologize to Brittney Spears over shit that happened when they were both young?

 

:angry:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

If people can cancel and or get someone fired for racial slurs that were said over 20 years ago, why not someone who talked shit at 15? 
Even Justin Timberlake was “forced” to apologize to Brittney Spears over shit that happened when they were both young?

 

:angry:

 

Or how about none of that is ok and it's a major driver in the divisions in the US right.

 

To quote Barak Obama...

"This idea of purity and you're never compromised and you're politically woke, and all that stuff -- you should get over that quickly. The world is messy. There are ambiguities. People who do really good stuff have flaws."

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bloodshot said:

 

Or how about none of that is ok and it's a major driver in the divisions in the US right.

 

To quote Barak Obama...

"This idea of purity and you're never compromised and you're politically woke, and all that stuff -- you should get over that quickly. The world is messy. There are ambiguities. People who do really good stuff have flaws."

Exactly! Thank you for the quote. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

If people can cancel and or get someone fired for racial slurs that were said over 20 years ago, why not someone who talked shit at 15? 
Even Justin Timberlake was “forced” to apologize to Brittney Spears over shit that happened when they were both young?

 

:angry:

this is not the same thing and it wasn't just about her, he's trash anyway...and it's Britney not Brittney :rofl:

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I mostly object to the idea that everyone goes around using racial slurs when they are 15? Clearly that isn't the case/

 

10 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

this is not the same thing and it wasn't just about her, he's trash anyway...and it's Britney not Brittney :rofl:


 

You say Britney, I saw Brittany. Let’s call the whole thing off. (Bad play on an old song.)

:thumbsup:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

the one cut from the MS is the guy Lewis, they posted everyone but him so it's official...well we dodged a bullet here :rofl:

 

 

and there's a SI swim line now..with models that aren't in the issue anymore like Tanya and Vita

https://www.siswim.com/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

the one cut from the MS is the guy Lewis, they posted everyone but him so it's official...well we dodged a bullet here :rofl:

 

 

and there's a SI swim line now..with models that aren't in the issue anymore like Tanya and Vita

https://www.siswim.com/

 

 

 

There has been a swim line for years now in which they actively used stolen designs from bikinis SI was sent for past photo-shoots and then they never bothered to send back the swimwear to the designers costing them money. I've been hearing about this from said designers for years now and have made mention of it in the past. With some of the suits SI didn't even bother to change anything on them from the original (same textures, cuts, fabric, beading, ect), in other suits they change like a dangle on the suit, or instead of the bikini set being all yellow, the top is yellow and the bottoms are orange, but it's still the same exact suit.

 

Also no, we didn't dodge a bullet. MJ kicked open the door with allowing men in this year (and it was positively received by the woke audience), and just because Lewis was cancelled for whatever reason doesn't mean that in future years we won't see more dudes. This is only the beginning I'm afraid.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

 

 

There has been a swim line for years now in which they actively used stolen designs from bikinis SI was sent for past photo-shoots and then they never bothered to send back the swimwear to the designers costing them money. I've been hearing about this from said designers for years now and have made mention of it in the past. With some of the suits SI didn't even bother to change anything on them from the original (same textures, cuts, fabric, beading, ect), in other suits they change like a dangle on the suit, or instead of the bikini set being all yellow, the top is yellow and the bottoms are orange, but it's still the same exact suit.

 

Also no, we didn't dodge a bullet. MJ kicked open the door with allowing men in this year (and it was positively received by the woke audience), and just because Lewis was cancelled for whatever reason doesn't mean that in future years we won't see more dudes. This is only the beginning I'm afraid.

 

 

The whole concept has essentially been destroyed by MJ already, it's really sad.  I'm semi-shocked to see the inclusion of Christin and Taylor since they're, well, actually attractive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...