Bellazon

2021 SI Swimsuit

That's not what you said, your words were literally "Miki Hamano is the only asian they should cast", which is a very shitty statement to make and very very very different than saying you wish X or Y model should have made it. There should be room for more than one Asian (or black, or Latin, or from any ethnicity), you're implying that Yumi took Miki or "the Asian model" spot.

The problem here is MJ absolutely sucking at her job and us disagreeing with her choice, Yumi didn't steal Miko or anyone's token Asian spot, she showed up to a casting and got the gig.

I just realized Christen Harper increased her chances of being cast by about 200% by speaking out about her experience with Asian discrimination so I’m excited for that. I hope she is cast. It’s like every new person they cast has to be making a separate PC statement.  #endattractivewhitefemalediscrimination

16 hours ago, Clauds said:

That's not what you said, your words were literally "Miki Hamano is the only asian they should cast", which is a very shitty statement to make and very very very different than saying you wish X or Y model should have made it. There should be room for more than one Asian (or black, or Latin, or from any ethnicity), you're implying that Yumi took Miki or "the Asian model" spot.

The problem here is MJ absolutely sucking at her job and us disagreeing with her choice, Yumi didn't steal Miko or anyone's token Asian spot, she showed up to a casting and got the gig.

iike i said you got it wrong so you can move on and stop with this..i said a long time ago that they should cast more asians..and i never said she took her spot, i said Miki is way better

49 minutes ago, selyoink said:

At least it doesn't say last rookie, giving some feint hope still for Christen Harper. But they would've been better off drawing names out of a hat for the rookie class 

She will not be a rookie this time..she did the model search

1 hour ago, peroxideblonde said:

That doesn’t make her not a rookie. My understanding is the model search is what it is called, they are searching for models to put on the issue, it’s not official. There have been women referred to rookies during their second year in the issue, for whatever reason, I don’t really know the logistics of that.

1 hour ago, peroxideblonde said:

She did swimsuit search which I think was there casting process this time. But she won't be a rookie because they don't know what they are doing

7 minutes ago, stewpidaz said:

That doesn’t make her not a rookie. My understanding is the model search is what it is called, they are searching for models to put on the issue, it’s not official. There have been women referred to rookies during their second year in the issue, for whatever reason, I don’t really know the logistics of that.

she will not be a rookie this year, she needs to make the model search first and make the top6..Kathy won the 2020 model search and she's a rookie this year..this is how it works..they never called rookie a model in their second year (the models in the model search aren't rookies)

1 minute ago, selyoink said:

She did swimsuit search which I think was there casting process this time. But she won't be a rookie because they don't know what they are doing

nope..the model search is not the normal casting..the models from the MS aren't rookies

Plus, it seems like this year's rookie class is composed by models and non models who have done something "special" during the pandemic.

Christen Harper hasn't done anything "special" about it, it would make no sense for her to be a rookie this year.