Bellazon

2021 SI Swimsuit

7 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

i don't even think there's going to be a SI 2021 anymore :rofl:

5 hours ago, Weasel79 said:

Are they not posting behind the scenes teasers like in years before? I know no one is sharing them on here clearly. 

4 hours ago, effyja2012 said:

I am assuming the pandemic is a factor here.  I have no clue what will become of this... maybe they just skip a year? 

I’d say the pandemic has affected everything. 

The Sports Illustrated site has a link to the official swimsuit pages, though I can’t find anything posted about the 2021 issue.
I did see lots of vids posted last week. 

https://swimsuit.si.com/

8 hours ago, effyja2012 said:

Interesting.. TBH I sort of like the idea of not having any previews and just letting the whole thing drop.  We've lost some of the anticipation with all of the previews (though there hasn't been much to anticipate the last couple of years 🙁  )

Agreed! 

Though I confess that I missed the slow tease so we could sleuth who the bits belong to. That was fun. 

I think they will either skip 2021 or then shoot exclusively in the US since most countries have borders closed or a lot of restrictions and quite frankly I can't see governments making exceptions for SI when it's not something relevant outside the US, other than that the options are very limited because even if the borders are open, there's a mandatory quarantine almost everywhere. But the US big enough to host all the shoots without a problem so I think that's the safest option.

However, I can imagine that there will be a lot of backlash if they post behind the scenes pictures, so I think they'll really try to keep it under wraps this time to avoid that, most brands/magazines seem to be doing that.

I’ll play devils advocate to the idea that countries won’t make exceptions for SI to enter during the pandemic. Tourism has been hit big time and a lot of the islands and beach places SI has historically shot at will really need all the publicity they can get to draw attention once people feel safer traveling. 

I would not be surprised either way if they were restricted or not. 

On 2/1/2021 at 11:09 AM, Weasel79 said:

It was about 5 or 6 years ago they did an all USA issue? Pretty sure the year with the route 66 location was all USA. 

Yup, 2015 was all USA. But tbh, the US is a gigantic country, there's more than enough locations for them to do, just go to Alaska, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Acadia  + some cities that have nice architecture and have a nice vibe like New Orleans and San Francisco and you're good to go. SI has been pretty mediocre at choosing their locations lately, but maybe the pandemic will actually force them to look for more places instead of doing another Hawaii shoot.

At this point most of Europe seems to be out of the picture, same for Canada, Australia, New Zealand and most of South America. Mostly because I doubt SI can/will pay for the mandatory quarantine in each place and I'm not sure hotels can afford to sponsor their stay either, but we'll see how it goes

I wouldn't worry to much about travelling... they'll find a way.

However, the videos they uploaded since last month are better that all the stuff they released in SI 2020. I don't get why they haven't realease them before. Yet, better late than never. They set the bar so low last year, that whatever will come in 2021, it will be ok. I just hope Josephine Skriver is still in!

I would also like to see Josephine Skriver in this  year's issue as well. Aside from her though I think they should have mostly models that haven't been in SI before. Get Stephanie Rayner, Celine Farach, Elizabeth Turner, Christen Harper, Maggie Rawlins, Leticia Vigna just to name a few.