Bellazon

How to be a male model?

AnthonyDeOliveira

usually the height requirement is 5'11" to 6'2"...anytthing over 6'3" and they may say youre too tall.

There are fitness models, the ones you see that are all muscular, there are also skinny models...ashton was pretty skinny as a model. But usually theyre pretty toned but not huge. You have to act like a model pretty much. Dont let yourself get caught doing things that would make you look bad.

Theres also commercial models...ad then there are fashion models...some agencies will tell you that your look is more commercial then fashion and thats what theyll book you for.

clear face ? what do you mean ? :unsure:

actually it really depends, there are a lot of different male models for different kind of jobs... I think the high fashion models look the best: they're muscular but not bulky (yuck), they've got beautiful faces and a lot of charisma... whereas commercial models are often too bulky and with an average face (just because you date a lot of pretty girls doesn't mean you'll look good in prints :cain: )

But there are agencies that are looking for edgier models... you know, the kind that have that 'rocker' vibe (long or curly hair, intersting face with a strong nose... that kinda stuff)... I think agencies in London are really going for that kind of faces from what i've seen recently... those models get to work for magazines like I-D, Dazed&Confused... you know, the hype & underground type lol... i think you should buy l'Uomo Vogue, Dazed&Confuse, Numéro Hommes et some men's magazine like Men's Health so you can have an idea of the different types of guys that can model...

Like i said earlier...there are fitness (big bulky muscles guys) they do have skinny models...then there are the ones inbetween the 2...

there are commercial models...fashion models tend to be able to have an edgier look as opposed to commercial models...i think a lot of it has to do with the photographer as well though...in some of my pics i have a commercial look and others are more fashion...but i look like im 18 so im kinda screwed...

if youre doing big runway your probably around 6' tall...otherwise your a print model or youre not doing the big runway shows...

Honestly if youre thinking of being a model just go to the agencies sites and they should have all theyre requirements on there. If they want you theyll teach you to walk on the runway and set you up with shoots with photographers that will show you how to move in front of the camera.

and i think he meant like acne with the clear face comment...

if you have it...theyll put make up on you...or if its a photoshoot they can take it out pretty easily with photoshop...

i saw a lot of guys at the convention i just got back from that had a lot of make up on to cover up acne...but i hope they realized that constant use of it could make it worse ha :p

and i think he meant like acne with the clear face comment...

if you have it...theyll put make up on you...or if its a photoshoot they can take it out pretty easily with photoshop...

i saw a lot of guys at the convention i just got back from that had a lot of make up on to cover up acne...but i hope they realized that constant use of it could make it worse ha :p

Yeah acne is what i was talking about. so what if you have alot of acne scars but a good face will they still take you or will they tell you to clean you face up first?

It will depend on the agency...the bigger the agency the less of a chance there is simply because theyre gonna have more guys coming in to try and be with them.

But you can take pictures with a photographer and hell most likely photoshop the scars out and if you photograph well enough then they might just take you and then just have the makeup artisit cover you up.

But when you go to open calls or if you email them pictures they really like polaroids because they wanna see what you naturally look like.

But im not an agency ha...the only way youll find out for sure is if you just go in.

It will depend on the agency...the bigger the agency the less of a chance there is simply because theyre gonna have more guys coming in to try and be with them.

But you can take pictures with a photographer and hell most likely photoshop the scars out and if you photograph well enough then they might just take you and then just have the makeup artisit cover you up.

But when you go to open calls or if you email them pictures they really like polaroids because they wanna see what you naturally look like.

But im not an agency ha...the only way youll find out for sure is if you just go in.

Yeah i guess i can try one of my local agencies. But if you photoshop it out and they ask you to come down and they see you have scars/acne wont they say something?

Well i think theyd probably ask you how old the pictures were. Its not a good idea to photoshop pictures if youre going to pass it off as just a regular picture that you didnt do anything to. Only use photoshopped ones if theyre ones from a real shoot. Thats my opinion