Bellazon

Fendi Spring 1997 campaign

kimflorida

Yes, it does slightly resemble Ykfe - I can't tell if it is her or not. Was she around in 1997? According to her Bellazon thread, she won the Elite Model Look competition in late 1997, so I don't think she would have had a Fendi campaign in early 1997. I am no expert though.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any additional images from this campaign. :c025:

@modelknowledge  According to Google and Wikipedia,  The 1997 Elite Model Look contest crowned it's winner Yfke in September 1997. So, would she have been booked for a Spring 1997 campaign (shot in 1996) before even being a winner? I could understand if it was the Spring 1998 campaign, but not the Spring 1997 campaign.

1997 was before my time, but with my knowledge of how things work now, that seems rather improbable. 

9 minutes ago, kimflorida said:

@modelknowledge  According to Google and Wikipedia,  The 1997 Elite Model Look contest crowned it's winner Yfke in September 1997. So, would she have been booked for a Spring 1997 campaign (shot in 1996) before even being a winner? I could understand if it was the Spring 1998 campaign, but not the Spring 1997 campaign.

1997 was before my time, but with my knowledge of how things work now, that seems rather improbable. 

They aren't sending complete newbies to compete. It could be her. You don't drop a model who has never modeled into a competition like that. Remember most agencies sent models out on runway at 14 15 and 16. You can't compete in these contests until you are 18.

2 minutes ago, kimflorida said:

so was Fendi not a major campaign back in 1997?

I'd still like to see additional images before I am 100% positive of Yfke. :smile:

no it was a big deal. You can always ask her mother agency if she did a campaign for Fendi in 1997. They might not answer but its worth a shot.