Bellazon

Coolest English accent?

Qball

36 members have voted

1. 1. What's the coolest English accent?

• RP (or BBC English)
    • American
    • Irish
    • Scottish
    • Australian
    • Spanglish
    • other

RP stands for Received Pronunciation, a spoken variant of English taught at schools and universities (spoken by about 2-3% of the British, mostly well educated or news-reporters on BBC television)

American English - spoken by Americans (southern accent included)

Spanglish - OK, the term usually means a mixture of English and Spanish, but here it is used to describe an accent of English spoken by Spanish/South-American people (e.g. Salma Hayek)

I'm sorry but I don't think Spanglish should be on this list. For that then maybe we should put Franglais to refer to a person who speaks English with a French accent. And we could keep going...Germans who speak English with a German accent etc. I understand that a lot of Hispanic people live in the US, and so that might give Spanglish some legitimacy as an "English" accent, but I don't think that accent should be included unless you're going to include every non-native English speaker accent.

I'm sorry but I don't think Spanglish should be on this list. For that then maybe we should put Franglais to refer to a person who speaks English with a French accent. And we could keep going...Germans who speak English with a German accent etc. I understand that a lot of Hispanic people live in the US, and so that might give Spanglish some legitimacy as an "English" accent, but I don't think that accent should be included unless you're going to include every non-native English speaker accent.

Yeah, I agree :yes:

I can ask you guys "what do you think of Korean English accent?" if you put it that way.

a/w It's been a while Nicole :hug:

I don't know!!

the most familiar to me is the American because it's what we hear the most, so it's the one I understand the best and I like it...

but, I also love the accent from the UK though the scottish and irish accents sound a bit funny to me, the Londonian accent is so pretty..

and, I can't make the difference between an aussie or a new zealander accent and an English one lol so I guess I love them all!!!

even when Kristin Cavallari talks it sounds nice to me, I like her 'Valley Girl accent'

What could be done is to put in an option like "Other" as in English with other accents. Ofcourse you'd have to state which. I think that would pretty much cover it.