>> D.O.B: 19 April 1981

>> Height: 6'1"

>> Fav Car: BMW.

>> Fav Show: The Simpsons.

>> Fav Actor: Joe Lando, Kevin Kline.

>> Fav Star Wars Character:Yoda.

>> Fav Band: Our Lady Peace & Outkast.

>> Fav City: Lake Como, Italy.

>> Fav Book: Knulp:Three Tales From The Life of Knulp by Hermann Hesse,Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse.

>> Fav Star Wars Movie:Return of the Jedi.

>> Musical Dislikes:Celine Dion, All Country Music and Bryan Adams.

>> Want's to leave self-doubt behind.

>> Random Talent:Juggling.

>> Leisure activity:Reading.

>> Hayden's parents run a communications business,called Christensen Communications.

>> When he was a kid he loved He-Man & She-Rah.

>> He works out on the trampoline,loves hockey,football,tennis and rollerblading.

>> Spends summers with grandma in Long Island.

>> He's very close to his family.

>> Owns a production company with his brother Tove,called Forest Park Pictures.

>> The company is also co-producing"Shattered Glass".

>> First crush was Kelly Rutherford, he was 13, she was the actress he acted opposite of in No Greater Love.

>> First girlfriend lived in Montreal when he was 16. The relationship fizzled when he moved away from home.

>> He quit smoking due to bronchitis,since has started up again.

>> He lost 25lbs for Life as a House,eating a diet of salad,water and vitamins.

>> When filming a dramatic scene for Life As A House,he punched a wall so hard that he fractured his hand,and made it bleed,he did cry.

>> His perfect girl would be around his age,good attitude,spunky & must understand the business.

>>Age 7 was his first commercial for cough syrup.

>> He's always loved physical humor like falling down stairs.

>> Embarrassing movie moment:Doing stunts on the Star Wars set,he split his pants.

>> Biggest Fear: Bees & losing a family member.

>> Hayden is allergic to bees and he's terrified of them.

>> Role Model:Kevin Kline.

>> His sister Hejsa was a junior world trampoline champion.

>> On May 12, 2000, Hayden was officially announced to be Anakin Skywalker in the next two prequels by the official Star Wars website.

>> Hayden learned the walk of Darth Vader for Attack of the Clones.

>> He has a toy frog collection.

>> Hayden can't read music but plays jazz and blues on the piano.

>> Hayden is part Swedish, Italian, Danish and English.

>> His first talk show was The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

>> Hayden and Jewel Staite dated for a short time but Hayden was a bit too reclusive for Jewel.

>> Hayden's first big break:Playing Scott Barringer in the short lived teen drama Higher Ground.

>> He used to lie about his after school acting so he wouldn't stand out.

>> He's a self proclaimed underwear and sock freak.

>> He has two pet parakeets, Alex & Jay.

>> He just loves the sensation of a fresh pair of socks and underwear.

>> When Hayden was 16 he wrote out a script as an adaptation of one of his favorite books. He said he wanted to write, direct and star in it.

>> Early on, though, in the first couple of weeks, he had a big trouble with his tongue. When he’d concentrate, he’d stick his tongue out."

>>He did not like having to wear eyeshadow and make-up for his character in Life As A House.

>> Ever since I was a kid, I couldn’t keep my tongue in my mouth," admitted Christensen.

>> "It’s true, when I played hockey I had to wear a mouthpiece because I would stick my tongue out, but that’s more than you want to know."

>> Dream job:He would've been an architect if it weren't for acting.

>> He does research for his roles.

>> Then there were the rumors swirling that Natalie Portman and Hayden were more than just acting in love, something he denies. Natalie and I got to be great friends. She's personable, you know, and a lot brighter than any girl I've ever known, but when it came to working together, we were both strictly professional.

>> Like, we had a love scene in which we kiss and hug and stuff, and it was done by the numbers. One, put your arms there, two put your lips there, three close your eyes and so forth. A kiss is just a kiss, except when you're making a movie with a friend.

>> Then it's like reading a manual and changing the oil filter of your car at the same time, not much to feel, you know? I can't even say Nat and I were embarrassed by the scene. It was that mechanical. I guess to play romantic on the screen, you have to be totally unromantic. "How would we have done it if Nat and I were really in love? Badly, I guess.''

>> His turn off "People who constantly feel the need to be engaged in conversation".

>> He signed the Harley Davidson motorcycle that Jay Leno auctioned off on E-Bay while he was on the show.

>> Awards:Movieline's "The One to Watch" and "Breakthrough Performer of the Year"

>> He received a Golden Globe nomination in 2001 for Best Supporting Actor as Sam Monroe in Life As A House.

>> Hayden received critical acclaim for his role in LAAH.

>>Hayden talked to goth/drug addicted teenagers in the Toronto area to help him do research for his character Sam in Life As A House.

>> AOTC brought him International attention.

>> Hayden hopes to go to college someday.

>> His mom still makes him take out his garbage and do his chores.

>> He isn't dating, because he knows he has to be careful about peoples intentions.

>> He phones his mom everyday.

>> Hayden celebrated his 21st birthday in London while he was in This Is Our Youth.

>> He took classes at'The Actors Studio' in NY.

>> He was chosen for the role of Anakin Skywalker out of 442 candidates.

>> He took a pillow, a rock, and an angel statuette to the Attack of the Clones set.

>> He studied fencing in order to get the hang of fighting with a lightsaber.

>> The ambidextrous Anakin ,he writes right-handed and plays hockey left-handed.

>> Often checks into hotels using the name of a former U.S. president, one that's also a type of car.

>> He claims not to be a big internet fan.

>> He finds water totally sensual.

>> He ate everything he could to bulk up as Vader in Episode 3.

>> Hayden's Hawaiian name is Haikeni.

• 1 month later...

Christensen in Decameron lead role

Hayden Christensen is to play the male lead in producer Dino De Laurentiis' adaptation of the 14th century Boccaccio classic 'The Decameron'.

The Hollywood Reporter says that Christensen will appear opposite 'The OC' star Mischa Barton in the film, which is due to begin shooting in Rome and Tuscany in April.

David Leland, whose previous directing credits include 'Band of Brothers' and 'The Land Girls', is adapting Boccaccio's story and will also helm the movie.

Christensen will next be seen on Irish cinema screens in 'Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith'; it opens on 19 May.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...