Bellazon

Things That Could Make BZ Even Better

CarMELita

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd like to make a suggestion for the moderators regarding the Female Model ID board. Sometimes threads that have been positively IDed get moved to the "Previously ID'ed Models" subboard. When this happens, the moderators rename the thread with the name of the model. However, sometimes the only information about the original source of the image in the thread was contained in the title. So by renaming the title, this removes what the original question was, and it means that it cannot be found with the search engine.

I'll use a recent example in case this isn't clear. There is a thread near the top of the Previously IDed Models board called Olivia Vinten. The first post is an image, with no information about where the image is from. Thanks to the miracle of reverse image search, we can establish that the image is from Oysho, so the thread was probably originally titled "Oysho model" or something like that. If the thread had not been re-titled, then someone looking for this same model could use the site's search engine and look for "Oysho" and come across this thread. But by re-titling the thread, this is now not possible. (This isn't the very best example, because the image has been posted to Olivia's thread in Female Fashion Models, so someone would find it there)

So I would suggest two possibilities:

(1) Simply leave the IDed threads where they are, without making any changes.

Or

(2) If you do want to move the threads to "Previously IDed models", then either don't change the title at all, or else add the model's name at the beginning without removing the original title.

The Model ID board contains so many IDs now that it is simply a fabulous resource. When I'm looking for a model, I always begin by searching Bellazon, and very often the answer is to be found in an old thread in Female Model IDs.

Thanks!

(and by the way, thanks mods for all the great work you do in keeping everything running for all the rest of us!)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Don't know if this is the right forum, but would BZ consider splitting the Female Fashion Model forum?

This forum is IMHO getting too big and unruley with the definition of what constitutes a fashion model stretched to include anyone who puts on a dress and gets photographed. People post pictures of models who are at best freelance (self-proclaimed fashion models) or models who add a profile to Fashionbank or ModelMayhem. While I have no issue with Art or Commercial models, it would be nice to have a sub-forum for professional fashion models (i.e. those assigned or previously assigned to reputable agencies; Elite, Next, WhyNot, Wilhelmina etc.). I also get that these agencies have 'talent' or 'commercial' sections and so I'm only talking mainboard.

To be clear, I'm not trying to rid the forum of posts with nudity; sex and fashion are tightly bound. Indeed many established fashion models have dabbled with the likes of Playboy or even Hegre and I wouldn't see an issue with this. But these models are typically over 5' 7" (172cm) and appeared in editorials or on the catwalk. While there are exceptions (e.g. Kate Moss), if she's 5' 5" and nude, chances are she's not a fashion model even if she's been in an advert in Vogue. 

Jonjo

• 9 months later...

I feel like it would be a nice thing either by default or by some other ability for that when I click on the topics that I follow it goes to the first unread post when I open that page.  Maybe I am missing something here, but I primarily use that to go to the threads I want to post since there are many.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Michael* pinned this topic
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I don't see the reasoning behind banning all pap shots.

Because they're boring as hell and take forever to scroll through. 

If we ever get the spoiler function back it'd be great if they went in spoiler tags. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I would really really like it if some people could go through each and every thread and remove all the dead links, I know of other forums that do this so it shouldn't be unreasonable to ask of it here.  Especially after YouTube privated all those unlisted videos and raised the amount of linkrot on the net to unacceptable levels

On 6/14/2022 at 1:56 AM, Dane said:

I would really really like it if some people could go through each and every thread and remove all the dead links, I know of other forums that do this so it shouldn't be unreasonable to ask of it here.  Especially after YouTube privated all those unlisted videos and raised the amount of linkrot on the net to unacceptable levels

Why do you think that links are dead? This forum should continue with a lot of people saying what they think, new and older member! 

6 hours ago, Tania82 said:

Why do you think that links are dead? This forum should continue with a lot of people saying what they think, new and older member! 

I'm not sure how this response has anything to do with removing dead links. 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...