Bellazon

Things That Could Make BZ Even Better

CarMELita

1 hour ago, frenchkiki said:

Never going to happen, by experience i can tell you most of the posters are lazy and will never bother to add credits on pictures.

On TFS if you don't credit the picture your post is deleted and it's one of the greatest rule they have.

Only few people respect the posting rules on BZ. The "not quoting the pictures" rule is never respected. You even have idiots quoting pictures just above their own posts!

OK... I understand...With many thanks for your answer...

• 4 weeks later...

I think that the one who posted a message should have the option to delete it .... !! ....

That's my case .... In the Topic " Hablas Espanol ? " .... As a result of an error on my part, there are twice the same message, one with the picture of Garbine Muguruza, the other without .... The latter would have to be destroyed .... !! ....

Sincere Gratitude.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2017 at 6:48 PM, Niels von Wittelsbach said:

I think that the one who posted a message should have the option to delete it .... !! ....

In a perfect world, we would do it. Unfortunately, the cons of actually having the option would outweigh the pros. :/

• 4 months later...

Heres my idea, which I reckon it must have been brought up before in different forms and variants:

PROBLEM: Bellazon besides other things its a photographic archive of beauty, but on that regard it could use an archive system that would help solve the deleted, taken down or simply not loading pictures,problems that you see in so many older threads and posts

EXAMPLE: 

theres not a single picture that has survived in the first 5-6 pages, my idea would solve this so lets go to my idea

SUGGESTION and SOLUTION:

So to keep alive-online every single picture on every single thread I suggest two solutions:

1/ a member who loves that model or celebrity or person who likes her or him would be charged with the job of saving every single picture to a folder, which would be periodically uploaded in  compressed format like zip or rar to any number of free hosts online like weshare or hopefully another that lets the files alive for a longer time

2/ this same function could be done by a mod or admin

ADVANTAGES: besides knowing that you dont have to browse an entire thread for every picture, just click on a link, you also know that there won't be any lost pictures due to hosting or time related issues

So lets say you want to download every single Eva herzigova picture posted on her thread. Well, the person in charged of her thread would had saved all her pictures to a folder on their PC, and then uploaded it online and would make that link available any time he or she finds agreeable (something like "pictures-EH-13oct17") so you know that file would contain every single picture posted until october 13 - 2017 ) and you could threadmark that post (I tjhnk you can threadmark with this software?)

anyway hope you like my suggestion or at least it gives you a starting point for a better idea along the same lines so we can keep every picture posted on bellazon and in a very tidy fashion

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2018 at 12:36 PM, FirstonTheMoon said:

Heres my idea, which I reckon it must have been brought up before in different forms and variants:

PROBLEM: Bellazon besides other things its a photographic archive of beauty, but on that regard it could use an archive system that would help solve the deleted, taken down or simply not loading pictures,problems that you see in so many older threads and posts

EXAMPLE: 

theres not a single picture that has survived in the first 5-6 pages, my idea would solve this so lets go to my idea

SUGGESTION and SOLUTION:

So to keep alive-online every single picture on every single thread I suggest two solutions:

1/ a member who loves that model or celebrity or person who likes her or him would be charged with the job of saving every single picture to a folder, which would be periodically uploaded in  compressed format like zip or rar to any number of free hosts online like weshare or hopefully another that lets the files alive for a longer time

2/ this same function could be done by a mod or admin

ADVANTAGES: besides knowing that you dont have to browse an entire thread for every picture, just click on a link, you also know that there won't be any lost pictures due to hosting or time related issues

So lets say you want to download every single Eva herzigova picture posted on her thread. Well, the person in charged of her thread would had saved all her pictures to a folder on their PC, and then uploaded it online and would make that link available any time he or she finds agreeable (something like "pictures-EH-13oct17") so you know that file would contain every single picture posted until october 13 - 2017 ) and you could threadmark that post (I tjhnk you can threadmark with this software?)

anyway hope you like my suggestion or at least it gives you a starting point for a better idea along the same lines so we can keep every picture posted on bellazon and in a very tidy fashion

Thanks for the suggestion, we have something that is not live yet that is making backups of all the pictures. unfortunantly this only covers the last few years and not going back till the beginning of time. But hopefully it will improve this link rot issue without having to depend on people to do it for us. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

allow some kind of way for other members to change a topics thumbnail, some threads are completely abandoned by the authors so the thumbnail becomes outdated. Maybe once a year a poll could be started so contributing members can vote for a new image or something (maybe limit it to members with x number of posts in thread) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 10:53 AM, Kane said:

allow some kind of way for other members to change a topics thumbnail, some threads are completely abandoned by the authors so the thumbnail becomes outdated. Maybe once a year a poll could be started so contributing members can vote for a new image or something (maybe limit it to members with x number of posts in thread) 

So the initial iteration anyone could change the topic thumbnail and it was chaos. So we made it so people over 1k posts or so could do it, still constantly changing. Then we made it mods/admins and its at least more stable now (even though we all don't agree with which icon should be the default).

I agree that we should keep them updated though, just need to find a good balance which is the tough part.