Bellazon

No Time To Die (2020)

Shepherd

No Time to Die is an upcoming spy film directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga, and written by Fukunaga, Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, and Phoebe Waller-Bridge. It is the twenty-fifth installment in the James Bond series to be produced by Eon Productions, and features Daniel Craig in his fifth outing as fictional MI6 agent James Bond. Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Ben Whishaw, Rory Kinnear, Jeffrey Wright, Léa Seydoux, and Christoph Waltz reprise their roles from previous films, with Rami Malek, Ana de Armas, and Lashana Lynch joining the cast.
Release date: April 8, 2020 (USA)

• 3 weeks later...

I must have missed that Waltz was back for this one, I was under the impression that he was done as Blofeld.

Either way, I'm rooting for this to break the streak of barrel-scraping last outings for Bond actors. Diamonds Are Forever, View To A Kill, License To Kill, Die Another Day. Man alive. :laugh:

• 2 months later...

https://www.wired.com/story/james-bond-postponed-coronavirus/

Hmm, the producers are taking precautions against the Coronavirus, and fair enough, it's time to do that. However, they've already been hit by the Woke mass hysteria, so that's too late anyway... (they just don't realize it) :ermm:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2019/07/16/james-bond-must-not-become-morality-tale-toxic-masculinity/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It's a strange one because I would never have imagined saying it until recently, but this looks a bit like Mission Impossible only not quite as good.

That being said, Fukunaga's strengths perhaps don't always lend themselves particularly well to trailers, and I can see hints of Phoebe Waller-Bridge's contributions to the script in the dialogue. So I guess overall, I'm still cautiously optimistic.

11 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Every time I see Lea I think of Quiet from Death Stranding, even in this one

I'm happy to watch Lea in anything and everything, although thinking back to the romance between her character and Daniel Craig's in Spectre, I don't really think the writers tried very hard to make it compelling. I'm a bit surprised to see her back for this new one.

Having said that, I thought the plot device of the bad guy who, while still achieving something close to world domination, really just lives to torture the good guy, was mostly what tanked it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...