Bellazon

Jedi: Fallen Order

Enrico_sw

I know that this game is quite new, but I think that this game is not so tactical as it goes for Counter-Strike. I think Counter-Strike can prepare a lot better for a soldier that wants to get to know a lot more about combat techniques. Since I'm a person that spends a lot of personal time on this game, I can say that the only thing that gets boring, is raising the ranking in Counter-Strike. Any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 9:57 PM, Enrico_sw said:

I agree with what you say, though I think I see the glass half full (probably because like many Star Wars "fans", we were craving for decent Star Wars and we hadn't had that in 10+ years).

Everybody hates EA as a company (they have been elected the worst business in the US several times). They know it. Their last experience with Battlefront was a disaster and Disney put a lot of pressure on them to not screw up this time. EA passed this pressure on Respawn (because EA does nothing :nicole: - they just count the bills). I guess the pressure was so high that they were timid on the gameplay.

If they listen to our feedback, I'm sure the sequel will be better (because Respawn is actually a decent company :thumbs_up:).

I can't help thinking that a lot of the goodwill towards Fallen Order is because people consider it the best Star Wars game since KOTOR. They'd be right of course, but that's a bit of a backhanded compliment. Besides the story and the visuals, it peaked for me with its brilliant opening sequence.

However, I too would like nothing more than to see Respawn 'knock one out of the park' with a great sequel. As well documented as EA's faults are, Respawn were one of the few developers that seemingly hadn't become totally disfunctional after being snatched up by them.

• 4 months later...
On 6/29/2020 at 11:34 PM, Michael* said:

I can't help thinking that a lot of the goodwill towards Fallen Order is because people consider it the best Star Wars game since KOTOR. They'd be right of course, but that's a bit of a backhanded compliment. Besides the story and the visuals, it peaked for me with its brilliant opening sequence.

Yes.

On 6/29/2020 at 11:34 PM, Michael* said:

However, I too would like nothing more than to see Respawn 'knock one out of the park' with a great sequel. As well documented as EA's faults are, Respawn were one of the few developers that seemingly hadn't become totally disfunctional after being snatched up by them.

And yes. Respawn has stayed a good company even after they were bought by EA (one of the most despised company in the US and the world :ninja:)

I think this game's main problem is that it has little replay value. Once you have all the powers (and there aren't many), the incentive for exploration is low.... The lightsaber parts or BD1/Mantis skins are a "little" nice, but the ponchos are not.... and they are purely cosmetic.

I'm play Dark Souls 3 which has a very very high replay value. The number of power/weapons/armors is huge and they all impact your gameplay.

Jedi FO should at least have bigger jedi powers' tree. And better outfits (even if it's hard to give them a purpose that's not cosmetic in the SW universe).

I tried to replay it yesterday. I was a little entertained by the new challenge mode they added, but apart from that, it's hard to be motivated to replay it. They tried to draw from Dark Souls (which is a good thing), but they didn't make a gameplay that's as diverse as in games like DS3.

I hope they figure it out for Jedi Fallen Order's sequel. :bounce:

On 11/21/2020 at 4:52 PM, Enrico_sw said:

And yes. Respawn has stayed a good company even after they were bought by EA (one of the most despised company in the US and the world :ninja:)

The thought occurs that either Respawn is getting too big too quickly, or perhaps that Fallen Order was kicked through the door about six months too early at EA's behest.

After the opening sequence which felt very Star Wars, it became a really "gamey" experience to me. Ice slides, randomly placed ropes, platforms all over the place that bear no resemblance to real environments. It's a little weird, especially factoring in Respawn's previous track record of creating organic and very slick campaigns in things like Titanfall.

On 11/27/2020 at 10:34 PM, Michael* said:

The thought occurs that either Respawn is getting too big too quickly, or perhaps that Fallen Order was kicked through the door about six months too early at EA's behest.

EA put a lot of pressure on them. After the catastrophe that was Battlefront II, the Mouse was angry and it banged its fist (or paw) on the table. Since EA does nothing (except counting the bills and adding lootboxes / addictive features in most of their games), they just transferred the pressure on Respawn.

(I really hate EA and their CEO, that guy is awful :ninja:)

On 11/27/2020 at 10:34 PM, Michael* said:

After the opening sequence which felt very Star Wars, it became a really "gamey" experience to me. Ice slides, randomly placed ropes, platforms all over the place that bear no resemblance to real environments. It's a little weird, especially factoring in Respawn's previous track record of creating organic and very slick campaigns in things like Titanfall.

Yeah, JFO is partly a Metroidvania game. I liked it, but it could've definitely been better. I'm sure they'll improve the next game.

I also feel that the code wasn't fully optimized. The game is lagging sometimes for no reason.:idk:

• 4 months later...