Bellazon

Jimi Hendrix
Thumbnail

Casper

196247_l.jpg

J imi Hendrix was born Johnny Allen Hendrix on November 27, 1942. On September 11, 1946, James Marshall Hendrix became Jimi's official name. Jimi was discovered by Chas Chandler, bass player for The Animals. Chas became Jimi's manager, and shortly thereafter Jimi formed The Experience with Noel Redding on bass and Mitch Mitchell on drums. The group released their first single, Hey Joe, on December 13, 1966. In May of 1967, the group released their first album, Are you experienced? Jimi Hendrix died on September 18 1970.post-88-0-1446108268-44407_thumb.jpg

Favourite Albums:

Electric Ladyland

Rainbow Bridge

Live at Berkley

South Saturn Delta

• 2 months later...

He is the Guitar God. Nobody can touch his 'Star Spangled Banner' solo at Woodstock, the most emotional piece of guitar playing I've ever heard. Ever.

He was not a wanker, but he could play really fast. And it was not showing off, but expressing emotions. Jimi wasn't technically perfect, and that's why I love him for. There was a human factor in his playing, not present in maaany shredders' style.

My favourite songs would be Voodoo Chile, All Along The Watchtower, Hey Joe, Purple Haze, Foxy Lady, Little Wing, Hey Baby, Voodoo Child (Slight Return), Hear My Train-A-Coming and Crosstown Traffic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me of coarse :)

Anwyway, I love all his songs..and I mean every single one of them..but my favorite, is 'All Along The Watchtower'. :heart: ed it since the first time I heard it. My other favorites are Voodoo Chile and Purple Haze.

He`s the man!

matter of preference...thats all...i dont like hendrix. i always say you cant compare the two cuz its like comparing apples and oranges

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One is an original genius, the other played in a very succesful The Who Tribute Band, named after an aircraft filled with hot air :p

Apples and oranges.