Bellazon

Why do people hate Gisele Bundchen so much?

ninanina19

if those are fake tits then theyre the best ive EVER seen, even better than dita von teese's, and hers are miraculous.

tinkerbelle is right when she states that its a great thing we dont all have the same tastes

but if gisele is what is considered ugly, goddess please make me ugly, like pronto.

and btw, all of you who have stated shes fugly, have we looked in the mirror lately?

could you make millions with your face and body?? just playing devils advocate here.

People hate/dislike her because of overexposure. There will always be a backlash when a celebrity is everywhere.

Other reasons people dislike or consider her to be overrated...

1. Her face. People consider Cindy Crawford or Christy Turlington's faces to be ideal. Gisele is a unique beauty. She wouldn't have had a career back during the supermodel era.

2. Her body. It annoys people to no end when she's constantly touted as the model that brought back curves. Gisele has a decent body but she is NOT curvy. Wide waist and lack of hips does not curvy make.

3. Her personality. I heard from several sources that she's a diva. Instant turn-off for most people.

4. Her relationship with Tom Brady. The general public doesn't approve of him taking up with Gisele immediately after breaking up with his then pregnant ex.

Seriously you shouldn't care what others think. There will always be at least one person who will not agree with your tastes. Can't please everyone.

I don't think anybody needs to be beautiful to be a good model (unless they want to stick to commercial modelling). Even if someone is stunningly beautiful they might not be able to be a model anyway because they are too short, or not thin enough, or not edgy enough. Either way, I don't think their 'not being a model' voids their opinions on beauty. Your own appearance does not affect your preference, after all.

Models do have to be talented and have a unique appearance though. I think Gisele definitely has that talent and I have never seen anyone who looks remotely like her. Though when you put a very unique face out there it is always going to be very hit and miss with whether people find that face attractive or not. People either love or hate a unique look. It is the same as certain styles. Take the punk/Gothic look, for example. It's quite unique from other styles and people either love or hate it. You can't say to other people 'You think this style is ugly? What about yours?' because everyone has different tastes and preferences and it is the same when it comes to other people's appearances.

That is why I think people are wasting their time when they get their knickers in a twist because somebody else doesn't like their favourite model. You can't force people to change their preferences just because you are offended by them. You should just learn to accept that different people have different opinions and they have as much right to an opinion as you do. When people throw a fit over others not agreeing on how 'super duper beautiful' their favourite model is it reminds me of when my little brother used to throw tantrums as a toddler because I didn't like this one cartoon and he thought he could force me into liking it by screaming about what he liked... even though what he liked about it was exactly what I did not like. :laugh:

im gonna address a bit o' this ^^ cuz its obviously directed at some of my statements

gotta say once again, i dont like gisele... i just think its amazingly strange that so many people take

so much time out of their day <even if its 2 min, its far too long> hating on her

for Any reason

i have a natural urge to stand up for the underdog.

i think if people spend so much time hating they DO NEED TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR

no knickers in a twist here, i just might be an idealist who thinks that it takes much more energy to be negative than

positive.im certainly not perfect, im not even gonna front,

but a whole thread devoted to the dislike of a model???? WTF?

i dont want everyone to like the models i like :yuckky: but wish everyone would respect

the models that other people DO like.

i know im living in a dream world, its impossible for people to be kind and caring, but i do hope.

and i stand by my statement 100% if youre here on the computer looking at models

and debating their worth, instead of out there modelling

you dont have much room to say one freaking word about their appearance, other than you think theyre gorgeous.PERIOD.

edit: it just occurred to me that if soo many people hate on gisele than shes doing something right!!

so keep on dissing, it just keeps her in the public eye even longer!!!

lolololololololol now thats funny shit.

peace, suckers

^ I did have part of your previous post in mind when writing the first paragraph, but it was meant to be taken in general and was not directed towards anyone in particular (didn't see anyone actually throwing tantrums in the thread about non-fans, yet). That is why I did not quote you in the post.

I agree with you that if a person spends an large amount of their time obsessing over how much they hate someone they've never even met there is probably something wrong with them, but I don't think there is anything wrong with people who simply don't find that someone attractive.

I also concur 100% with what you said about respecting other people's tastes in models. I think it is one thing to disagree, but it is a completely different thing when someone is always talking about how X model is so hideously ugly, has vampire teeth, a witch nose, bat ears, rat's face... or whatever. That is simply rude and disrespectful. Especially if one person went and posted that in the thread that is there for fans of X model.

and i stand by my statement 100% if youre here on the computer looking at models

and debating their worth, instead of out there modelling

you dont have much room to say one freaking word about their appearance, other than you think theyre gorgeous.PERIOD.

first off i gotta make something clear, sheyda

theres nothing wrong with stating your opinion, i do it all the time

but i keep the negativity to a minimum. i simply say ' i dont like them'

or ' theyre not my cup of tea' etc....... going into a litany of real or perceived faults

is ridiculous.

and adding the whole sidebar about country music, well..... its kinda apples and oranges

if someone asks you why you dont like it is it so hard to say 'its just not my type of thing?'

im speaking of how people act in this forum, not having a real life conversation about country freaking music

there are many ways of explaining your opinions and likes and dislikes without unloading a barrage

of negative bullshit.

and we could go back and forth forever and i will still say that if you arent out there

modelling, or shall i say at least model hot, you dont have much room to sit upon a high horse and judge

others faults, again real or perceived.

i wouldnt dream of faulting these womens looks.if they can go out into the world and make their living

off of their looks, who are you <by you i mean anyone> to talk trash?

heh, i gotta say i talk trash about marissa miller, only to piss mbinebri off :evil:

so weve both made our points and spoke our piece. perhaps its time to agree to disagree, yes?