Bellazon

Avril Lavigne
Thumbnail

K_L

Avril performed really well at the AMA and on Dancing With The Stars. She sounded great, but her band didn't harmonize with her very well. It could have been related to the acoustics of the stage, or the pitch of the guys' voices. I think she should get some female back-up singers. ;)

Thanks for those pics, Omac. :wub:

i think when new artists start off they want to stand out from the others and not be stereotyped into the whole pop scene!! but they eventually realise to stay in the business they'll have to compromise their thinking and go with the flow...i guess every1 grows out of their tomboy stage and avril is a huge example...from jumping around in her vids to actually having a dance routine....used to like her (was young then :p) nah i dun regret liking her...i feel indifferent towards her now... her music doesn't impress me but i don't hate her either...completely neutral!!

Avril performed in concert on Oct 16th. It was at The Roxy Theater in LA. She did an acoustic-type style. She wanted the chance to present her songs and her voice in a bit more of an adult-contemporary setting. She sounded really good, and so did the songs. They were still close to "Rockin", and not like an easy-listening genre. But, if she continues to evolve as she ages, she will still be having hit records at 40. I hope so. ;)

The concert was re-broadcast on MSN Music yesterday, but there was a problem with the Website. The pre-concert commercial played just fine, but the concert video kept pausing while it was loading. I eventually got tired of the interruptions, and closed it. My DSL Modem was showing constant activity, and changing the Buffer Settings in Windows Media Player didn't make any difference. :(

Has anyone else had any experience with MSN Concerts? http://music.msn.com/inconcert

They appear to have an archive of concerts, but I'm not sure if you can watch them whenever you want, or just when they present them. ;)

Avril was interviewed after her performance on DWTS. She talks about her new tour: full of energy, costume changes to reflect her many different styles from the past to the present, a couple of songs with just her & a guitar, and a couple of songs with dancers - not the whole show as had been rumored. She'll also be touring for the entire year, so that means she'll be heading to places outside U.S./Canada. Check it out. ;)

(Thanks go to dumbhead at the Forum in www.avrillavigne.com)

I finally solved the problem with MSN Concerts. It wasn't the site, afterall. I kept playing with the settings in WMP. I changed my Connection Speed from Auto-Detect to DSL/384Kbps, and it worked. ;)

The concert was really good. Naturally, most of her songs were meant to be done in a faster pace, but still it was nice to hear them a little slower. Her voice really did shine during most of them. :wub:

The concert is still available, if you haven't seen it yet. I guess it will always be a part of MSN's Concert Archive. :)

• 2 weeks later...