Bellazon

Claudia Schiffer
Thumbnail

bigassscans

some candids that I found in photoshelter.com

Hi, thanks for the website. I signed up intending to purchase some of the candids but 99% were not for public use. So my question is, for anyone who may know, are there any photography websites similar to the one posted where I can actually buy the images? Thanks :wave:

Hi, thanks for the website. I signed up intending to purchase some of the candids but 99% were not for public use. So my question is, for anyone who may know, are there any photography websites similar to the one posted where I can actually buy the images? Thanks :wave:

Hi.

First of all, would like to give you a :kiss: . It's just so nice to see someone who wants to BUY a photograph.

What do you mean by "public use"? I didn't go through the whole photoshelter sign-up or Terms of Use, but the sign-up page says "save images for personal use". Do you want a license to use/publish the photographs, or do you want to add them to your private collection?

You could ask photoshelter for clarification. Worst is they say "No."

You may be able to deal with the photographer(s) directly. Ask.

:wave:

Hi.

First of all, would like to give you a :kiss: . It's just so nice to see someone who wants to BUY a photograph.

What do you mean by "public use"? I didn't go through the whole photoshelter sign-up or Terms of Use, but the sign-up page says "save images for personal use". Do you want a license to use/publish the photographs, or do you want to add them to your private collection?

You could ask photoshelter for clarification. Worst is they say "No."

You may be able to deal with the photographer(s) directly. Ask.

Hi, thanks for your quick reply!

Well essentially I just want to acquire a license so I can share the photographs with all of Claudia's fans (and save them to my own collection) 'cause I just don't think there are enough hq images of her on the web. So I'll definitely ask directly and see what happens! :blush::wave:

Well essentially I just want to acquire a license so I can share the photographs with all of Claudia's fans (and save them to my own collection) 'cause I just don't think there are enough hq images of her on the web. So I'll definitely ask directly and see what happens!

You can definitely ask (and, again, I really admire you for doing it), but based on your desired use, I wouldn't be too hopeful. If you have a lot of money, then you can make things like this happen, but otherwise, probably not.

Here's why (in my opinion): If we were licensing our company's event photographs, then your proposed use would undercut our sales. You would put this photo into your online gallery and let anyone download it, free. That photo's value is now really diminished. Why would anyone else ever want to pay us for this photograph? They could see it on your site for free, and it would undoubtedly end up being shared/spread all over the Internet just as freely. It would lose its novelty and its value. There's no way we could control it. So, forget it.

If you were writing an article or a blog, and you wanted to license a couple of images, you might get some interest. But to put a bunch of pictures into a gallery for anyone/everyone to download for free, I wouldn't be too hopeful about anyone licensing you their work. You can still ask, and the worst people will say is "No", after all. But I wouldn't be too hopeful. Sorry.

I do have an odd-ball suggestion, though: If you are sincerely willing to pay for licensed use, and what you want is just to run a free gallery of Claudia, you might consider just outright hooking-up with a photographer. Maybe you could team-up with a couple of other webmasters. In theory, you could pay a photographer to cover Claudia's event/appearance, and all the pictures would then be yours. I don't know where you live, or what publication laws and responsibilities and liabilities would apply to you, and you would have to figure all that out and write good contracts and maybe get licenses and all that. Paparazzi/stalkarazzi is a different thing, and I wouldn't touch any of that. But if we are talking about an actual planned event where the woman is anticipating being seen and photographed and interviewed by the media, and where your photographer applies for and gets an event-media pass, I would think you would be in really good shape. You could probably find a photographer to cover an event like that for a couple of hundred dollars, or less. We cover those events, and if you helped out with my costs, I would definitely be willing to share pictures with you. So maybe that's something that you could work out.