Concerts/Festivals

Alibaba126

• 2 weeks later...
Lined up for the next few months:

MAR = MASSIVE ATTACK

APR = Stereophonics

MAY = Vampire Weekend

:woot:

One down. Martina Topley Bird acted as their lead female vocals for the night. She's good :thumbsup:

Girl Talk :blueeyedbaby:

Good on ya

Toilet paper guns FTW.

Coachella anyone? :hell yea!:

FRIDAY APRIL 16: Jay-Z, LCD Soundsystem, Them Crooked Vultures, Vampire Weekend, Deadmau5, Public Image Limited, The Specials, Grizzly Bear, Passion Pit, Echo and the Bunnymen, Benny Benassi, Fever Ray, Grace Jones, She & Him, Erol Alkan, The Avett Brothers, Calle 13, The Whitest Boy Alive, The Cribs, La Roux, Yeasayer, Lucero, DJ Lance Rock, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Proxy, Ra Ra Riot, Deer Tick, Wolfgang Gartner, Aeroplane, Iglu & Hartly, Sleigh Bells, P.O.S., Baroness, Hockey, Little Dragon, White Rabbits, Wale, Kate Miller-Heidke, As Tall as Lions, Jets Overhead, Alana Grace, Pablo Hassan.

SATURDAY, APRIL 17: Muse, Faith No More, Tiësto, MGMT, David Guetta, The Dead Weather, Hot Chip, Devo, Coheed and Cambria, Kaskade, 2Many DJ’s, Major Lazer, Dirty Projectors, Gossip, Z-Trip, The xx, John Waters, Les Claypool, The Raveonettes, Mew, Sia, Camera Obscura, Tokyo Police Club, Porcupine Tree, Old Crow Medicine Show, Aterciopalados, Bassnectar, Frightened Rabbit, Dirty South, Flying Lotus, Corinne Bailey Rae, Pretty Lights, Shooter Jennings, RX Bandits, The Almighty Defenders, Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros, Craze & Klever, Zoe, The Temper Trap, Portugal. The Man, Band of Skulls, Girls, Beach House, Steel Train, Frank Turner.

SUNDAY, APRIL 18: Gorillaz, Pavement, Thom Yorke????, Phoenix, Orbital, Spoon, Sly and the Family Stone, De La Soul, Julian Casablancas, Plastikman, Gary Numan, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Sunny Day Real Estate, Yo La Tengo, MUTEMATH, Deerhunter, Infected Mushroom, Club 75, Matt & Kim, The Big Pink, Gil Scott-Heron, King Khan and the Shrines, Florence and the Machine, Yann Tiersen, Little Boots, Miike Snow, Talvin Singh, Ceu, B.o.B., Babasonicos, Owen Pallett, The Glitch Mob, Mayer Hawthorne, Local Natives, Rusko, The Middle East, Hadouken!, The Soft Pack, Kevin Devine, Paparazzi, Delphic, One EskimO.

Coachella anyone?

FRIDAY APRIL 16: Jay-Z, LCD Soundsystem, Them Crooked Vultures, Vampire Weekend, Deadmau5, Public Image Limited, The Specials, Grizzly Bear, Passion Pit, Echo and the Bunnymen, Benny Benassi, Fever Ray, Grace Jones, She & Him, Erol Alkan, The Avett Brothers, Calle 13, The Whitest Boy Alive, The Cribs, La Roux, Yeasayer, Lucero, DJ Lance Rock, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Proxy, Ra Ra Riot, Deer Tick, Wolfgang Gartner, Aeroplane, Iglu & Hartly, Sleigh Bells, P.O.S., Baroness, Hockey, Little Dragon, White Rabbits, Wale, Kate Miller-Heidke, As Tall as Lions, Jets Overhead, Alana Grace, Pablo Hassan.

SATURDAY, APRIL 17: Muse, Faith No More, Tiësto, MGMT, David Guetta, The Dead Weather, Hot Chip, Devo, Coheed and Cambria, Kaskade, 2Many DJ

Coachella anyone?

SATURDAY, APRIL 17: Muse, Faith No More, Tiësto, MGMT, David Guetta, The Dead Weather, Hot Chip, Devo, Coheed and Cambria, Kaskade, 2Many DJ�€™s, Major Lazer, Dirty Projectors, Gossip, Z-Trip, The xx, John Waters, Les Claypool, The Raveonettes, Mew, Sia, Camera Obscura, Tokyo Police Club, Porcupine Tree, Old Crow Medicine Show, Aterciopalados, Bassnectar, Frightened Rabbit, Dirty South, Flying Lotus, Corinne Bailey Rae, Pretty Lights, Shooter Jennings, RX Bandits, The Almighty Defenders, Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros, Craze & Klever, Zoe, The Temper Trap, Portugal. The Man, Band of Skulls, Girls, Beach House, Steel Train, Frank Turner.

SUNDAY, APRIL 18: Gorillaz, Pavement, Thom Yorke????, Phoenix, Orbital, Spoon, Sly and the Family Stone, De La Soul, Julian Casablancas, Plastikman, Gary Numan, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Sunny Day Real Estate, Yo La Tengo, MUTEMATH, Deerhunter, Infected Mushroom, Club 75, Matt & Kim, The Big Pink, Gil Scott-Heron, King Khan and the Shrines, Florence and the Machine, Yann Tiersen, Little Boots, Miike Snow, Talvin Singh, Ceu, B.o.B., Babasonicos, Owen Pallett, The Glitch Mob, Mayer Hawthorne, Local Natives, Rusko, The Middle East, Hadouken!, The Soft Pack, Kevin Devine, Paparazzi, Delphic, One EskimO.

Desto :hug::shifty: :sex:

Wow so many great artists to check out :drool: If you don't mind a bit of soul then I would recommend checking out Mayer Hawthorne on the final day. His music is so catchy and he really knows how to work the crowd :hell yea!: I really have to get over my man crush on him :ermm:

Other than that, have fun at Coachella :cry:

:drool: :ddr:

I'm going to all 3 days so I'll see everyone! Theres alot more I would add to highlight to you list though so that's why I couldn't skip on a day :laugh:

Don't they have those kinds of music festivals there? or are there not any time soon? :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Warped Tour '10 Anyone?

So far the confirmed bands are(From the website):

After Midnight Project, Agent Orange, Akaline Trio, Alesana, AM Taxi, Anarbor, Andrew W.K., Angry Samoans, Anti-Flag, Artist Vs Poet, Assorted Jelly Beans, Attack Attack, Automatic Loveletter, Beacher's Madhouse, Brass Tackz, Breathe Carolina, Breathe Electric, Bring Me The Horizon, Burning Empires, Call The Cops, Chase Long Beach, Closure in Moscow, Cobra Skulls, Confide, Deals Gone Bad, Deas Vail, Death Punch, Dickies, Dirty Little Rabbits, Discharge, Disco Curtis, Dropkick Murphys, Dustin Jones and The Rising Tide, Echo Movement, Emarosa, Emmure, Enter Shikari, Every Time I Die, Eyes Set To Kill, Face To Face, Fake Problems, Far From Finished, FEAR, Fight Fair, Flatfoot 56, Four Year Strong, FunkyJahPunkys, Gardening Not Architecture, GBH, GOGO13, Green Jelly, Grind Time Now EMCEE BATTLE hosted by the Rollin,HaSkaLA, Haste The Day, Hey Monday, Hollywood Heartthrob, Hope For AM, Hot Chelle Rae, I Can Make A Mess Like Nobodys Business, I See Stars, ice nine kills, In Fear and Faith, Ionia, iwrestledabearonce, Knock-Out, Last Call Chernobyl, Left Alone, Longway, Manic Hispanic, Maxwell Smart, Mayday Parade, Middle Finger Salute, Mike Posner, Monkey, Motion City Soundtrack, Neo Geo, NeverShoutNever, New Years Day, Of Mice and Men, Our Last Night, Parkway Drive, Pennywise, Pierce The Veil, Polar Bear Club, Reel Big Fish, Riverboat Gamblers, Set Your Goals, ShiraGirl, Sparks The Rescue, Speakeasy Tiger, Spinlight City, Street Sweeper Social Club, Streetlight Manifesto, Suicide Silence, Sum 41, Swingin Utters, Terrible Things, Tess Dunn, The Adolescents, The All-American Rejects, The B Foundation, The Bots, The Bouncing Souls, The Cab, The Casualties, The Chase, The Darlings, The Dillinger Escape Plan, The Downtown Fiction, The Early Strike, The Fabulous Rudies, The Flatliners, The Frantic, The Impalers, The Jukebox Romantics, The Mighty Regis, The New Cities, The Pretty Reckless, The Reverend Peytons Big Damn Band, The Rocket Summer, The Scary Mondelos, The Skank Agents, The Snips, The Sparring, The Summer Set, The Swellers, The Untouchables, The Uptones, The Voodoo Glow Skulls, The Word Alive, This Time Next Year!, Tip The Van, vanna, VersaEmerge, Victory In Numbers, Walk Off The Earth, We Are The In Crowd, We The Kings, Whitechapel, You Me At Six

{Band Listing Not Final}

last friday : The Black Lips

Thuesday : nada Surf

Thursday : Julian Casablancas (at which I saw Kristen Dunst not too usual in a town like Montreal to see Hollywood stars)

Friday : Black Rebel Motorcycle Club + Japandroids (at another venue)

Saturday : Nosaj Thing, JJ & The XX + You Say Party!We Say Die! (at another venue)

next thuesday : The Soft Pack

next saturday : Woodhands

July : Flaming Lips, U2 and probably Wolf Parade (maybe twice :drool: )

This summer Osheaga Festival : Arcade Fire, Weezer, Pavement, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Black Keys, etc. (Not as good as the Coachella or Lollapalooza line-up, but should be an fun week-end)

Nosaj Thing was the first out of two oppening act, so he only play like 25 minutes + people kept talking so I didn't really have a chance to really enjoy is performance (I also think that he was saving is best trick for latter when he was playing at another venue right after the XX concert.) In fact I really wasn't impress by the show in general. JJ was really dull. The XX are clearly not at their best on stage imo (they should have wait a little before headling a tour also IMO), they play 50 minutes give a Ok performance but not the perfect Saturday night gig, when you add the fact that I saw BRMC, Japandroids the day before and WSPWSD after, I wish they were a little more energic or adventurous with their songs.

I wish I went to Passion Pit but it was sold out the last time, T.P.C. are quite cool live.

I can afford all those shows because, tickets are cheap here saw Japandroids for 12$, YSPWSD for about the same price, Bear In Heaven + Cymbals Eat Guitar 10$, even tickets for bigger act like BRMC, XX or Julian Casablancas are sold for about 20$. I got U2 tickets for 55$, Osheaga 2 days festival pass 100$.

Going to see Them Crooked Vultures and Lcd soundystem in may

Got my Wolf Parade tickets for both of their concert! (Flaming Lips july 7th, WP july 8 & 9th, should be a nice week!)

I'm seeing Passion Pit and Tokyo Police Club in June though!

I'm jealous, the chance to see TPC has escaped me twice! :pinch:

I don't even listen to them. Should I? :blush:

Yes. Tesselate :heart:

Enjoy TPC, they're not bad live either.

Stereophonics for me tomorrow.