Bellazon

Best TV Show Ever

GOCHO

• 6 months later...

My favorite shows that I could watch for hours and hours:

Game of Thrones 

Sex & The City 

Sons of Anarchy - The last three episodes of this show are probably the best thing I've seen on television. The sixth season wasn't the greatest but they more than made it up for it with the seventh season.

Sense8 is also there, I'm still not over Netflix cancelling it :cry: 

3 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

In about 2 weeks I'm getting a copy of a unit history that illuminates the battle of Carentan better!

Carantan is interesting. I've watched a pretty good program a couple of years ago (it was in French), which really detailed this battle (troops movements, strategies, reactions, etc.)

The episode on the Siege of Bastogne also caught my interest quite a lot. There's a lot of drama and intensity there. Things get different when there's a lot of hardships.

Also, I think that battles in the cold/winter are fascinating, they change a lot of things (particularly the battles on the East front; I like how the Russians fought wildly with their raw violence).

13 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

I can't say I like it or not because i've never watched it :Angel:

I thought you did. You have to try it! Kaamelott is da best. Par contre, les épisodes sont chiants à trouver... J'ai l'impression qu'y a ce lien:

https://www.6play.fr/kaamelott-p_888/livre-i-tome-i-episodes-1-a-15-p_1632

19 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Carantan is interesting. I've watched a pretty good program a couple of years ago (it was in French), which really detailed this battle (troops movements, strategies, reactions, etc.)

The episode on the Siege of Bastogne also caught my interest quite a lot. There's a lot of drama and intensity there. Things get different when there's a lot of hardships.

Also, I think that battles in the cold/winter are fascinating, they change a lot of things (particularly the battles on the East front; I like how the Russians fought wildly with their raw violence).

I got my book already- very impressed with the contents.

The 17.SS division's forward detachment (a regimental battlegroup) attempted a coup de main attack on the 101.AB that culminated in the battle of the 'bloody gulch'.  This attack routed half a battalion of paratroopers but was eventually stopped by a counterattacking combat command of the US 2nd Armored division.  The TV show depicts this.

Bastogne, while well known in the West was atypical as those that surrounded them were weaker than the defenders.  The 101.AB was reinforced with elements of an armored division and the soldiers inside had aerial resupply that matched their needs.  Most of the great encirclement battles in the East (Stalingrad Dec 42- Jan 1942) had a similar pattern of the attackers being much more heavily armed and mobile than the defenders while the defenders had a mobile relief force that attempted to fight their way into the pocket.  The defenders were struggling with low supplies and associated hardships.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have so many gems to share but I will start with these 3:

My top 3 list for 2019 year:
1. Game of Thrones = watching here
2. The Walking Dead = just awesome! :angel:
3. The Flash 2014 = watching on Netflix

Also I like Star Trek Discovery and The Big Bang Theory

And of course Breaking BAD! 😎 Fantastic series but already finished.