Bellazon

Sofia Boutella
Thumbnail

Expresso

Forget the bootyshaking girls in skimpy outfits you see on MTV everyday, forget the so called professionals on the 'so-you-think-you-can-dance' shows; here's the real stuff: Sofia Boutella, born 3rd of april 1982 in Algeria started dancing when she was just 5 years old and never stopped since.

She started out as a ballet dancer, but you might have seen her strut her stuff in several Nike commercials, where she performs as a hiphop dancer: post-2344-0-1446105318-41441_thumb.jpg and [http://youtube.com/watch?v=uJA6MIUlkKs]"Tell me I'm not an athlete"

She had the 'lead' in the musicvideo of

and she stood out from all the other girls in the musicvideo of the band

axwe0015.jpg

She could be seen in Madonna's "hung up" and "sorry" video and went to perform on her tour.

All in all, that's pretty impressive if you ask me! And she did it all without the help of the so called talentscout shows. And since she's an athlete and pretty as well, I thought she'd fit perfectly in here ;)

428134983_small.jpg

20ggxv3.jpg

post-2344-0-1446105318-49552_thumb.jpg

36jglw7.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ah, Sofia fans unite! I thought I was pretty much the only one on this board. Granted, a lot of you thought she was "cute" but I think she's a helluva lot more than that. She might not have the similar beauty of a model or some actresses, but she's defenitely striking in her own eccentric way. I really hope Nike realizes her full potential, for I have the impression they want to make room for the new dancers they recruited through auditions. I had hoped to see her in the new nikewomen commercial, and I'm disappointed she's not featured. To their credit, the commercial is good, but it could've been mindblowing would it have been Sofia dancing in it.

I'll post some more pics soon :)

• 5 months later...