Bellazon

Charlie's Angels (2019)

Shepherd

jhpLq2FP_t.jpg

When a systems engineer blows the whistle on a dangerous technology, Charlie's Angels from across the globe

are called into action, putting their lives on the line to protect society.

Cast: Elizabeth Banks, Naomi Scott, Kristen Stewart, Ella Balinska,

Release date: November 15, 2019

5BKKBuCS_t.jpg 3Nh3JVCP_t.jpg YkoKCitK_t.jpg cvplzJCw_t.jpg FMSbr5YF_t.jpg ePUbRn3m_t.jpg rDEMcZb0_t.jpg yE2S4hHy_t.jpg c4d8rg7q_t.jpg iWNP6mgE_t.jpg azTqBae8_t.jpg ibbnobjh_t.jpg NYU3RKDv_t.jpg MdMQ5hYY_t.jpg UX2cSOTs_t.jpg PutK9JBG_t.jpg OvdaBVDf_t.jpg OgCg6IqL_t.jpg e4PU5PW7_t.jpg 2nUtXWyq_t.jpg TggELs2K_t.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I wasn't expecting much from it and that's what I got. The film has for him not to take himself seriously, a certain freshness and actresses who do the job. But the very basic script, the action scenes seen and reviewed, the cartoonish ultra-feminist claim weighs it all down.

I still think there's an unfortunate tendency to put the cart before the horse when it comes to properties like this one. It leads people to believe that if a film flops then the filmmakers are to blame, when really no adaptation of Charlie's Angels that you could feasibly have done in 2019 would have performed any better.

• 7 months later...

We all know why these types of movies fail, but few people just want to admit it (because you can't just call out what has the moral sway in your society).

Fortunately, there are still some people making good analyses, like this girl here:

Spoiler