Bellazon

Iker Casillas
Thumbnail

Rani_7

Player reactions

"We must continue working hard"

Iker Casillas, Alberto Bueno, Rubén De la Red and Gonzalo Higuaín weren't too worried with the team's defeat, but they believe they must continue working hard in order to improve.

Iker Casillas

"There was an obvious physical difference between both teams. They've been working for a longer time. This is only the beginning for us and we must draw positive conclusions from this match, such as having several chances on goal. We have many young players who haven't played with us much and we have only been working for a week. We must be careful and focus on the things we did well. We have to use our chances much better. I felt good and completely recovered from my injury."

Alberto Bueno

"We don't like to lose, but we've just started working. Good things will start to show in the next few weeks. I felt great on the left wing. I want to thank the coach for the confidence he had in me. The players know this is just the beginning and that we have to keep working hard."

De la Red

"We played well and had several chances on goal, but, unlike Hannover 96, we didn't use them well. We lacked good aim, but that will improve with time. I felt very comfortable because Diarra focused on defending. It was a hard match, but I am happy with it. We were naturally very tired and they were in optimum physical form because they've been training for a much longer time. We shouldn't be too dramatic just because they scored three goals; this was a preseason game and we had many chances."

Higuaín

"I was too hasty in the first chance I got and I didn't do well in the rest. We try to do things well and we have to work hard in order to improve."

LOKOMOTIV: Ryzhikov; Samedov, Ivanovic, Asatiani, Spahic; Odemwingie, Hurenka, Bilyaletdinov; Hurenka; Traore, Vanbaev. Jugaron también: Vinicius Pereira, Kontsedalov, and Maminov.

REAL MADRID: Casillas; Salgado, Pepe, Metzelder (Ramos, min.45), Torres; Diarra, Guti, Granero (Saviola, min.45), Bueno (Balboa, min.45); Higuaín (Baptista, min.69), Soldado (Raúl, min.45).

REFEREE: Lubos Michel. Booked Spahic.

GOALS:

1-0 (min.3): Ivanovic header.

2-0 (min.21): Traore capitalises on Iker Casillas clearing mistake.

2.1 (min.52): Guti shot from front edge of box.

2-2 (min.53): Guti pass and Higuaín finisher.

2-3 (min.62): Saviola penalty.

2-4 (min.89): Guti-lead counter.

2-5 (min.90): Saviola assist to Balboa.

NOTES: Third preseason match for Bernd Schuster's team. First Russian Railways Cup match for Real Madrid.

Casillas, Balboa, and Baptista

"We showed that we have grit and that we want to win"

Once the match ended, Casillas, Balboa, and Baptista discussed the mistakes made and the aspects the team needs to build off of. All pointed out the importance of the team's reaction in the second half.

Casillas:

"We have to think about how we played in the second half. What took place in the first half cannot happen again; mistakes that we cannot allow. We gave away two easy goals. Fortunately, this is the preseason and mistakes can be corrected. You saw two sides of a coin tonight. Conceding that first goal so soon hurt us and we allowed the second just as we thought we were working our way back into the match, but everything turned out well at the end."

"We came here to play this competition against top-notch opponents, and that's why it's important to win it. The team did a good job moving the ball between the lines, mostly because of the speed of some of our players. We also had more luck in front of goal than the other day. Every player on this squad is excited and wants to to what they can to help this team. Our reaction is what I'll remember about this game. We showed that we have grit and that we want to win"

Baptista:

"I think we are all doing well. Preseason matches are used to find our form, but the truth of the matter is that we always want to win. It's also important to create a good image and to prove how hard we are working by playing well. All we want is to be in the best form possible for the start of the championship. We improved a lot in the second half and we have to stick with the positive."

Balboa:

"Scoring five goals isn't easy. All it means is that we played very well in the second half. I feel fairly comfortable and physically fit. I love helping the team. We had trouble in the first half because Lokomotiv are an experienced team. PSV gave Milan a very hard time. Sunday's match won't be easy. It's not the five goals that boost our morale, but the fact that we turned the match around to win it."