Bellazon

Best Sports Illustrated Photoshoot (so far);

lostdiadem

On 8/15/2019 at 11:01 PM, VS19 said:

Really not understanding where all of the hatred for the new SI is coming from at this point.  The newer shoots seem to be trouncing the older ones. 😮😂

Actually my favourite issues are 2014-2015-2016 because of the range of locations. They didn’t use only beaches, sand and water, but they used mountains, lakes, rocks, cities etc. The photoshoots are way more interesting to see.

Hannah Ferguson.

Nina Agdal.

Hannah Ferguson.

Nina Agdal.

VOTING IS CLOSED.

14 minutes ago, lostdiadem said:

Actually my favourite issues are 2014-2015-2016 because of the range of locations. They didn’t use only beaches, sand and water, but they used mountains, lakes, rocks, cities etc. The photoshoots are way more interesting to see.

Hannah Ferguson.

Nina Agdal.

Hannah Ferguson.

Nina Agdal.

VOTING IS CLOSED.

I'm just going by all of the distaste that there seems to be for the recent SI issues in the various SI threads the last few years.  You'd think from reading what is said there that old SI was fantastic (which it was) and what they're doing now has virtually no merit whatsoever.  For instance, I'm a big fan of Nina Agdal, but if pushed to give an opinion, I would say that her last SI shoot in 2017 was not particularly good.  She did a decent job, but the photography was pretty bland and had a washed out look that didn't do the location or Nina much favor.  My reading of the prevailing thought about recent issues of the magazine seemed to be similar, that often the models were fine but the photography, locations, or other factors kept the shoots from gaining as much favor around here as they might otherwise have.  Apparently that reading of the overall sentiment was incorrect.  :D   

Anyway, just an observation.  Not a critique of anyone's votes or anything like that, although I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that some of the older models weren't faring better.  ;) :D 

Don’t worry, I didn’t take it personally :rofl: 

I just think that the 90s and first years of 00s photoshoots were pretty bad. I don’t mind the recent years shoots, it’s the models they have chosen (not all of them, ofc) lately that ruin the issue imo. Except the bad job they did with poor Erin Heatherton, that was messed up. :rofl: 

Match #13 is over.

Anne Vyalitsyna; 2011 issue: 7 votes.

Hannah Ferguson; 2015 issue: 12 votes (WINNER!)

Match #14 is over.

Nina Agdal; 2016 issue: 13 votes (WINNER!)

Vita Sidorkina; 2018 issue: 6 votes.

Match #15 is over.

Cintia Dicker; 2010 issue: 2 votes.

Hannah Ferguson; 2016 issue: 17 votes (WINNER!)

Match #16 is over.

Natasha Barnard; 2014 issue: 4 votes.

Nina Agdal; 2014 issue: 15 votes (WINNER!)

Match #1;

SyhgAd3.png6eULb9g.png

Anne Vyalitsyna; 2013 issue vs Emily Didonato; 2014 issue.

---

Match #2;

CVSVM7m.png1r8d6fx.png

Nina Agdal; 2016 issue vs Hannah Ferguson; 2016 issue.

---

Match #3;

YudQSZd.pngvYLHG9u.png

Rose Bertram; 2017 issue vs Bar Refaeli; 2009 issue.

---

Match #4;

Vl3zJFY.pngfpzJFbD.png

Bar Refaeli; 2008 issue vs Lais Ribeiro; 2017 issue.

• Choose your favourite photoshoot in each round.