Bellazon

Edita Vilkeviciute
Thumbnail

epson32

🤩 WOW ! Thank you so much for those gorgeous photos you took of Edita. They must be from 2008 or so, that's when she had her natural hair color. I have the same coloring as her ( but with darker green eyes ) so it's neat to see what eyeshadow/makeup enhances her beauty most. 

On 11/14/2020 at 5:13 AM, radolgc said:

as I said I am a big fan and I am glad somebody elsealready said the thing about these Zara images. They are just plain, natural and basic. In a way I always dreamed of seeing such images of my favorite models, because I am also not a big fan of overly photoshopped images. However fashion images are supposed to be dreamy, beautiful, even surreal. These Zara images are nothing like that...they mostly look dead...as if the snapper(sorry, can't call the person who took them a photographer) took only one frame for each piece of clothing, because they had no time, they were very bored and wanted to get it over with. It seems Zara wants to cut the costs of production drasticaly and they probably used the secretary who took the images. I even stopped saving them on my computer, cause I wanna have beautiful images of Edita. I have no idea why you guys can not see the plainness of these snaps. And they are way too many to enjoy them...here are a few images I took of Edita in Milano...which I like much better, all photos taken by me:

They are pictures meant to display clothes on their website, they're not a freaking editorial

I "freaking" know that, I am not retarded...lol...but it seems people here do not like to hear different opinions and even worse, trying to accept them...oh well, I will stick to my freaking beautiful editorials and will try to ignore the ugly work of Edita being posted here. Zara used to have great catalogs and campaigns...not anymore. Cutting costs on productions seems to be affecting every aspect of the fashion industry...an industry I never liked(as well as any other existing industry as such). Displaying clothes on a website is freakingly stupid if you ask me. Fashion and magazines died a long time ago...it is strange this crazy world is still going and this freaking industry is still there...and magazines still are being printed...not that 95% of their contect is worth printing...lol...this is my last post here on this thread...I will be silent from now on.

I agree with you radoglc. I like to hear different opinions which is normal and healthy. I miss the artistry, time, thought and stunning content of old editorial work. Who can forget Edita's work with Camilla Akrans and Sølve Sunsbø ? It is a shame that in a sense print and editorial fashion is declining to to online and application platforms. I'm always impressed that Edita is not social media .

You don't need to be silent, in fact I'd love to see more of your photos ! 

Lovely picture by Lachlan Bailey from picuki.com

13259499_1694645770796995_725279173_n.jpg

120576503_815465589224279_3278508365509737915_n.jpg

Rado, thanks for sharing the lovely snaps, you both look cute :) No, you're right, you're a fan and you're entitled to sometimes be ''upset'' by something you don't like and express it - that's what the forum is for :) I have periods when I like super high quality, over the top dreamy editorials and campaigns and then later, moments when I enjoy street pics the most... these Zara pics somehow appeal to me precisely for their simplicity/rudimentarity where models' faces and silhouettes take center stage whether they are doing more stiff poses or quirky ones... I just love seeing both Edita's and Giedre's faces all over Zara's website (guilty as charged :P)

On 11/15/2020 at 2:01 AM, SmrdiCat said:

🤩 WOW ! Thank you so much for those gorgeous photos you took of Edita. They must be from 2008 or so, that's when she had her natural hair color. I have the same coloring as her ( but with darker green eyes ) so it's neat to see what eyeshadow/makeup enhances her beauty most. 

then this purple eyeshadow would enhance your dark green eyes even more, SmrdiCat ;)

Thank you for the friendly words, I highly appreciate them! I will try to share more of the private moments I had with Edita during Milan and Paris fashion weeks...moments I will never forget. I also scanned my entire Edita collection and I will be happy to share some images here as well...while I was checking the thread from the beginning I saw that almost her entire work has been uploaded here, mabe not all complete editotorials and campaigns in HQ, but pretty much all of it. I donot remember what was posted and what was not, but I will try to upload some of the rare items I have in my collection. I recently got an old catalog, which I am not sure I saw here, so I will upload it when I do the scans. Here are a few more images from Milano, this time after the D & G (by Dolce & Gabbana) fashion show, all photos taken by me:

DSC_0842.JPG DSC_0843.JPG DSC_0844.JPG DSC_0845.JPG DSC_0846.JPG

I was indeed;)) Here are some images I took of her the first time I saw her...in Paris in 2008, during the spring/summer collections in September and October, here some images I took during the Givenchy fashion show and one of me and her after the show:

Givenchy-2008-Paris-Edita-1a.jpg Givenchy-2008-Paris-Edita-2a.jpg Givenchy-2008-Paris-Edita-3a.jpg Givenchy-2008-Paris-Edita-4a.jpg Givenchy-2008-Paris-Edita-5a.jpg Givenchy-2008-Paris-Edita-6a.jpg Givenchy-2008-Paris-Edita-7a.jpg Givenchy-2008-Paris-Edita-8a.jpg Givenchy-2008-Paris-Edita-9a.jpg Givenchy-2008-Paris-Edita-10a.jpg Givenchy-2008-Paris-Edita-11a.jpg

On 11/15/2020 at 6:05 PM, radolgc said:

I "freaking" know that, I am not retarded...lol...but it seems people here do not like to hear different opinions and even worse, trying to accept them...oh well, I will stick to my freaking beautiful editorials and will try to ignore the ugly work of Edita being posted here. Zara used to have great catalogs and campaigns...not anymore. Cutting costs on productions seems to be affecting every aspect of the fashion industry...an industry I never liked(as well as any other existing industry as such). Displaying clothes on a website is freakingly stupid if you ask me. Fashion and magazines died a long time ago...it is strange this crazy world is still going and this freaking industry is still there...and magazines still are being printed...not that 95% of their contect is worth printing...lol...this is my last post here on this thread...I will be silent from now on.

I'm sorry I said it in that way, been going through a lot lately, and shouldn't have said it in that way.

• 4 weeks later...

US Vogue March 2009

"I Love the Nightlife"
Models & Subject: Raquel Zimmermann, Anna Jagodzinska, Jean Pigozzi & Edita Vilkeviciute
Photographer: Mario Testino
Fashion Editor: Tonne Goodman
Hair: Oribe Canales
Makeup: Linda Cantello
Production on Location: Larry McCrudden & Jessica Brown

Testino_US_Vogue_March_2009_05.thumb.jpg.3e2e21602b72b7ee14ef06cb54c3a061.jpgTestino_US_Vogue_March_2009_06.thumb.jpg.8e60611555a013bf51a147a5fc5acb1d.jpg

archive.vogue.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...