Bellazon

Edita Vilkeviciute
Thumbnail

epson32

10 minutes ago, formationn said:

She isn't as concerned with media fame but she has always been booked for a variety of campaigns over the years, from high end to commercial! 

She doesn't have social media which is a drawback 

Also she is starting to get some obvious wrinkles now..this is common with people with small pores.  It might mean that she won't go back to what she did in the early and middle stages of her career.

sucks as to me she's one of the most beautiful faces in the world.

On 3/24/2018 at 8:10 AM, Cult Icon said:

She doesn't have social media which is a drawback 

Just to play devil's advocate, is it truly a drawback when she's consistently working with clients of this caliber & is as established as she is? She has no desire to be a movie star (as far as I'm aware) nor instafamous. With this, & this is an assumption that I think has merit, there probably comes a  lack of pretention which imho would make her the ideal model & could very well outweigh the drawback you perceive in the eyes of clients.

^  Maybe but I think her days are numbered.  She's going to fade away eventually (eg. like Valentina Z) .   i don't see too much drawback in having social media for self promotion. Doesn't matter, she wedding timed' Mr. Moneybags (who also looks like a  male model).  She optimized her self-interest and had a successful run.  

13 hours ago, hottness said:

Just to play devil's advocate, is it truly a drawback when she's consistently working with clients of this caliber & is as established as she is? She has no desire to be a movie star (as far as I'm aware) nor instafamous. With this, & this is an assumption that I think has merit, there probably comes a  lack of pretention which imho would make her the ideal model & could very well outweigh the drawback you perceive in the eyes of clients.

+1

She's also being in the industry for so long and always being an industry favorite even with almost no promotion of her work, I'm more inclined to believe that it's her choice to not be everywhere like Karlie Kloss or Joan Smalls, I'm pretty sure she could have it Candice/Behati levels of popularity if she had wanted to. I wouldn't be shocked if she just decided to take a step back and retire in the near future.

She seems to be satisfied that she can do the job that she does, have the life quality that she has and doesn't have to expose herself to the social media frenzy. She seems that she doesn't want to have a zillion followers and be on the spotlight every single day, every single moment. And if that's true I dig her ever more for that.

21 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

^  Maybe but I think her days are numbered.  She's going to fade away eventually (eg. like Valentina Z) .   i don't see too much drawback in having social media for self promotion. Doesn't matter, she wedding timed' Mr. Moneybags (who also looks like a  male model).  She optimized her self-interest and had a successful run.  

I don't think 'fade away' is the right choice of words for models like Valentina or Edita. OR I would say that every major model who has ever lived faded away unless they chose to remain in the public eye through other means. Modeling by nature is fickle & short-lived. You get in, make your money, & get out. I think most models are over it by the time they reach mid-to-late twenties & start looking for more fulfilling things to do with their lives. If her days are numbered I believe it will be by choice, & now that she's married & nearing 30 it would be the ideal time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2018 at 9:15 PM, hottness said:

I don't think 'fade away' is the right choice of words for models like Valentina or Edita. OR I would say that every major model who has ever lived faded away unless they chose to remain in the public eye through other means. Modeling by nature is fickle & short-lived. You get in, make your money, & get out. I think most models are over it by the time they reach mid-to-late twenties & start looking for more fulfilling things to do with their lives. If her days are numbered I believe it will be by choice, & now that she's married & nearing 30 it would be the ideal time.

Once again, I think you are totally right :smile:  Natalia Vodianova is also someone who doesn't work nearly anywhere as much as she used to, but it's obviously her choice. People seem to forget these women start working very very young 14 or even younger, by the time they are 25 or 30 they've seen it all, done it all and I would say they are even tired of it. Which is human nature, I don't think any of us would enjoy doing the same thing for 10+ years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...