Bellazon

Abigail Culver
Thumbnail

RecTop2012

• 1 year later...

from article in Times-Ledger (PA newspaper) about her start (published in 2014)

https://www.timesleader.com/archive/156101/news-features-1265569-a-real-girl-becomes-a-model

...Culver’s road to the modeling gig started when she took part in a runway show last fall in New Jersey, where one of the staffers suggested she attend an open-call audition for Seventeen magazine in New York.

“It’s a huge process,” said Culver, who has never taken a modeling lesson but does have an agent.

Before the beauty editor selected her, Culver was asked to send additional photos of herself and to share some biographical tidbits. She had plenty to say:

“I like to box. I have a punching bag I like to work out with. … I love to ride bikes. That, and swimming.”

For another fun fact, consider that Culver has a St. Bernard and a chihuahua. Both the big dog and the little dog get along very well.

The long-legged beauty is 5 feet 10 and a half inches tall but usually writes 5-foot-11 on application forms “because I don’t usually walk around barefoot.”

The youngest of three children, she lives with her parents, Dean and Magdalena, and older brothers, Anthony and Andrew, in Sweet Valley. She recently completed her studies at Muhlenburg Christian Academy, a tiny school in the Hunlock Creek area, and was excited last week to learn she has been accepted at King’s College in Wilkes-Barre, where she plans to study business management.

She sees that major, as well as her part-time job selling Southern California-inspired clothing at Hollister at the Wyoming Valley Mall, as preparation for a career in fashion merchandising.

But if a career in modeling also becomes a possibility, so much the better.

“We’re very proud of her,” her mom said. “She’s working very hard, and we’re right there supporting her. She’s got big dreams, and we’re very happy for her.”

Next on the agenda for Abigail Culver is a trip to the A.C.E. (Accelerated Christian Education) Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference, with other students from her school. She will present an afghan she crocheted as well as some of her paintings in competition at the conference.

• 1 year later...