Bellazon

Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)

Shepherd

n8ilfLW4_t.jpg jJqanZAG_t.jpg xW7acWA2_t.jpg

Following the events of Avengers: Endgame, Spider-Man must step up to take on new threats in a world that has changed forever.

Release date: July 2, 2019 (USA)

Cast: Samuel L Jackson, Tom Holland, Jake Gyllenhaal, Zendaya & Cobie Smulders

KE5YXDAY_t.jpg 6EYhdr70_t.jpg pjXHV2Iu_t.jpg bXH0NpAb_t.jpg kxEvrsmb_t.jpg PoQpCEFC_t.jpg B1wUJMHm_t.jpg mmRnHJaO_t.jpg tHIMcvFn_t.jpg 7Us66Y9v_t.jpg ye6MP314_t.jpg 9FLuKYTC_t.jpg GP4fbHyW_t.jpg ASw6bExb_t.jpg pG4eVlWm_t.jpg HkeavxV8_t.jpg dcvO7bwm_t.jpg kvHIJFwd_t.jpg JokhTpav_t.jpg CaGDle9L_t.jpg JEoUPsNy_t.jpg EkQHUjv1_t.jpg nu7wexYZ_t.jpg

For me, Holland has been by far and away the best version of Parker, and if Gyllenhaal is half as good as Mysterio (one of my favourite comic book characters ever) then honestly, Marvel should be onto another winner.

What I'm really intrigued by though is seeing them outline how the new, post 'snap' world is going to work.

4 hours ago, Michael* said:

For me, Holland has been by far and away the best version of Parker, and if Gyllenhaal is half as good as Mysterio (one of my favourite comic book characters ever) then honestly, Marvel should be onto another winner.

Agree completely with both points.

4 hours ago, Michael* said:

What I'm really intrigued by though is seeing them outline how the new, post 'snap' world is going to work.

During this press tour, Feige has been talking about the future more than he normally does. This came from one interview:

It sounds like Marvel Studios mastermind Kevin Feige is having a good time working the X-Men and Fantastic Four into the MCU now that the Disney acquistion of Fox has brought those characters back home.

"It's still early days, but it's been a fun exercise, and it's one, by the way, that we've been doing for years,” Feige told Fandango when questioned about the progress of bringing Marvel characters whose film rights were previously controlled by Fox into the MCU “Every development meeting starts with cool ideas and fun ideas, and our wheels are always turning in terms of what if... to use a Marvel publishing term,” -- referring to how Marvel Comics explores ‘What If’ ideas that would never happen in normal continuity -- “What if we did this? What if we did that? What if we had access to such and such characters? That's how Spider-Man: Homecoming came together in the first place, and it's fun to now be in this position with the Fox characters, too, because if we come up with a great ‘What If’ we can actually do it."

While not specific on a timeline, that's more than he normally says on future films. I thought he might stay quiet on X-Men/F4 characters for a while.

I wasn't expecting to hear that either. Admittedly though, what with them coming off a very long and relatively decent run with the property, I wouldn't be too put out by them not touching the X-Men for a while yet.

I'm so ready for a good Fantastic Four, but more than that we need a good Doctor Doom. He fits the mould of an MCU villain perfectly and Spider-Man's world would be the ideal place to launch him.

Thought it was a major leap forward for Marvel and the MCU as we push into the next phase of movies. Performances that were very heartfelt, surprisingly dark themes, thrilling and funny in all the right places and sets an overarching tone and perspective for the stories that are going to be told in the future. Can't say fairer than that.

2 hours ago, Michael* said:

Thought it was a major leap forward for Marvel and the MCU as we push into the next phase of movies. Performances that were very heartfelt, surprisingly dark themes, thrilling and funny in all the right places and sets an overarching tone and perspective for the stories that are going to be told in the future. Can't say fairer than that.

It really was most (all?) of the best qualities of a MCU movie put together in one.

1 hour ago, jkjk said:

It really was most (all?) of the best qualities of a MCU movie put together in one.

Yeah, it certainly retained all the good things about Homecoming, even improving upon some of them. The cast is great, particularly Zendaya, and of course Holland embodies everything an actor should to play the role of Parker.

I liked that the real visual highlights were almost all built around Beck. One sequence in particular had some of the most imaginative set pieces that I've seen in a Marvel story.