Bellazon

Eating Disorder

Hime

anorexia, bulimia and other types of eating disorder...

have you expirienced it? do you know people who are suffering of eating disorder? have you ever thought to lose weight in an unhealthy way such as- starving? what do you think about it? who's guilty?

let's talk about it!!!

Was bulimic when I was 16. It was a tough time in my life and I felt I fat and ugly (I still do, but I deal w/ it a bit differently now), so I changed my eating habits to lose weight and gain control of my life. I would eat a lot and starve myself for days. I would always feel dizzy and just overall off-in-space. Also, smoked to avoid eating. Got therapy when I was about 17. I am still dealing with the aftermath both physically and emotionally. Sometimes when I am stressed I start having "food issues" again, but I am not binging and starving myself.

You might be "better" but you are not truly "cured" :/

Awww Pink! Thats awful! :( I'm glad you went to therapy and you're doing better now! I have absolutely no expirence with eating disorders, so I really don't know what its like. But just remeber that you are beautiful no matter what! I make sure to tell myself that everyday, I'm not going to let the world bring me down!

People think I have one because I'm so skinny. I'm so sick of people telling me I'm too skinny and I need to gain weight. I can't help it though! I've even stopped exercising and started eating a ton of junk food to try to gain weight! Now I'm super lazy and can't even run up two flights of stairs without running out of breath. And I haven't gained a pound! But I have given up on trying to gain weight and I've learned to be happy with the way I am. I really need to start exercising though or I'll probably have a heart attack when I'm 30. I'm in really bad shape for a 15 year old!

Thanks *ohsoglam* :hug: It is just one of those things that sux but I deal with it. It's life so shit happens :)

I actually have a friend from college who is like you. She eats a truckload but never gains any weight. She eats a lot of unhealthy and fatty stuff like junk foods and fried foods, and she also stopped excercising. She actually ended up w/ high cholestrol b/c she loves fried chicken :laugh: Now she is better, althought she tries to limited her self to 2 meals of fried chicken a week (although her doctor told her not to have any, but she has no self-discipline :p )

Yeah, my family thinks I have an eating disorder, and my threapist too, but I'm sure I don't. I'm just .. not hungry. And besides .. I smoke a lot. I'm trying to quit now so i'm taking some diet pills, they are good. :ninja: It's hard to talk about eating disorders with others, because they think only models have it and if you have a problem, you are trying to be a model too, that pisses me off. I like to be thin, I mean really thin, but I would never stop eating because of that, it's just natural, like I said .. I'm not hungry :ninja: And I was a little chubby, so I'm afraid I'll get chubby again :no:

Pinky, I'm glad you're doing better now, I wish you all the best, always :hug:

my height is 170 cm and my weight is 52 kg. I try to eat as little as possible, last year I was the same weight as I'm right now but I was shorter in about 5 cms. my grandma don't want to see me anymore, she claimes that I'm a skeleton and she'll let me in only when I'll gain at least 2 kg...I don't think that I'm too skinny...I don't look like a skeleton at all, though my ribs are sticking out but that's becouse I'm flat chested... :p it's very hard to starving myself, of course like AnaBB Cover mentioned- it's eassy to convince yourself that you're not hungry evevn when your stomach is making horrible noises and screaming for some food...that is a lie that I use to avoid eating...lately, I almost never coming out of my house I just sit infront of the computer or the televisio screen and trying to not think about food. when I eat a piece of bread I feel guilty and thinking about ways to punish myself. the only things that I eat are diet yogurts and tomatoes or apples...even when I eat 2 apples I feel guilty knowing that an apple has only 10 calories or less...I take vitamins couse I don't get to chance to "eat" them. I'm not a happy person, the only happy moments that I get is when I look at the mirro and see a change or when my pants are falling ff me couse they are no longer my size. I don't get any joy of gifts or money. seriously I have no idea how I will celebrate christmas this year couse when I used to eat it was all about eating and drinking and having good time, and now it's about drinking a battle of wine and going to sleep. :cry:

Thank you egaipH!

I didn't have an eating disorder but I've heard that it can be horrible!! I'm happy how I am, not very fat and not very skinny but I would like to have a flat stomach..but it doesn't matter!! I have the opinion that you guys are beautiful and so friendly :hug: you shouldn't treat your self like that and starv!! Maybe do more gym! :) :wave:

I've never had an eating disorder, but my own parents thought I did at one point because I am naturally thin. It surprised me because my mum is just as skinny as I am.

I knew a girl who had bulimia. She was such a lovely girl and I thought she was beautiful; she had a gorgeous figure, curly brown hair, an adorable smile and warm friendly eyes. We had become closer towards the end, but we lost touch once we left secondary school. I wish I knew how she was doing and that we could be friends again because she was a wonderful person and she did not deserve to have such a disorder.

I'm not a happy person, the only happy moments that I get is when I look at the mirro and see a change or when my pants are falling ff me couse they are no longer my size. I don't get any joy of gifts or money. seriously I have no idea how I will celebrate christmas this year couse when I used to eat it was all about eating and drinking and having good time, and now it's about drinking a battle of wine and going to sleep. :cry:

You have an eating disorder, Sahara :/ I think you should talk to someone about this, and I think this is a good thread where we can openly talk about it. Sometimes I eat a lot of things and I feel guilty too, but in a normal day I eat an apple and drink coffee or tea in the morning. I didn't want to be like this because there are so many hungry people out there, with nothing to eat, when I'm trying to be thin. :/

I usually have balanced meals three times in a day but sometimes I eat too much till I throw up all

what I've eaten something like pasta, pizza or fried food. I don't pressure myself into trying to get

a skinny figure that some women want to. I just would like to eat them very much but don't want to

put on weight. Is it bulimia? :unsure:

thanks for all the kind words, I had a wonderful day...I went to the city with my mom and stuff and I bought a scale!!(I can't believe I lived 5 years without one :laugh: ) I lost weight!!! my weight is 48 kg now, that means--------> I lost 4 kgs!!! :dance: (and I'm not hungry BTW)

I usually have balanced meals three times in a day but sometimes I eat too much till I throw up all

what I've eaten something like pasta, pizza or fried food. I don't pressure myself into trying to get

a skinny figure that some women want to. I just would like to eat them very much but don't want to

if you're throwing up frequently or forcing yourself to throw up I think it's bulimia, but every case is different some are very serious and some are less, but n the end of all even the "lightest" case should be take care of... :(

Sahara, you know what I think about this :( And you know it's not healthy.

But I think I should avoid this topic, I spread my opinion everywhere in this forum. Just this: I can't see anything beautiful in bones, it won't make life easier and it ruins your body :(

But as I said, I'll go from here, it depresses me.

I never had an eating disorder but I remember one time in my life when I was super strict with food. I even became a vegan. I realized I was being too hard on myself and changed my ways.

Similar from what happened to me, but as I said, I was only taking one food per day. I liked what I see in the mirror, but I couldn't stand the headaches and how weak I felt. There was time I was feeling hungry and to not eat, I went to bed. Thanks God I stopped it on time.

thanks for all the kind words, I had a wonderful day...I went to the city with my mom and stuff and I bought a scale!!(I can't believe I lived 5 years without one :laugh: ) I lost weight!!! my weight is 48 kg now, that means--------> I lost 4 kgs!!! :dance: (and I'm not hungry BTW)

if you're throwing up frequently or forcing yourself to throw up I think it's bulimia, but every case is different some are very serious and some are less, but n the end of all even the "lightest" case should be take care of... :(

OK, Thanks Sahara :hug:

I would observe my eating behaviors, mental chages or something like that closely :)

I think all that matters is how do you feel about yourself...I tryed so hard in th last 3 years to force myself to like my weight and the way I look when I'm eating healthy but with no success. :cry: lately, people staring at me couse I do look scary thin compared to what an Israeli should look(the people here are fat.. real fat) my arms are like sticks and my neck is very long...my legs are still looking feminie and "chubby" but I don't know for how long...before I'll start to lose weight in me legs too. but you know what? I'm happy, this is the only wat for me to be happy and no matter what it's going to take off me I'm happy the way I am...the way I made myself.