Bellazon

Eating Disorder

Hime

Well that might be true & yea fashion is changable but the thing is that this with the size isn't anymore a must have only 4 models. some ppl don't even see it as a must have they see it as something regular & that who doesn't look like that is not Ok as like ... beeing a size 0 is something so "normaly n' important" now.

& since the 90s that whole concept of model has changed. higher standards where established & that bcoz the 90s models where very average as weight & it was much more simple to look like a model, now to look like a model you have to a size 0 & that`s not so easy & requires so much more.

I disagree with you how not anyone can be a model nowadays. I mean most models today...have average/plain/bordering on ugly faces...and can reach the size "0" by just starving themselves. They don't have to be tall or have glamzon bodies like Christy, Linda, Cindy, or Claudia did (believe me I have not seen "normal women" with bodies like these so often). Nor do they have to be amazingly gorgeous made for beauty campaigns faces a la Shalom. You just have to be really skinny be able to take a good picture and whala the chance of you posing for Stephen Meisel are great. Runway walk isn't even taken to account nowdays (hence Sasha :ninja:). :/

So to say not anyone can be model nowadyas..is well kind of stupid because these girls come and go...every new season there is a new "it" girl..and she will be reigning the european Vogues for two years or so..then she'll be gone sent to where she came from. So in truth as said before...anyone can be a model nowadays...anyone. ;)

^ oh la la la, very interesting discussion.

Only my opinion. Models on the runway are required and preferred thin, because if you show clothes on big models then the women clientèle at the fashion show see the clothes and automatically think "oh no that's not for me I'm not that big".

And I think it's grotesque that some people instantly think that because you are thin, you are anorexic or bulimic. Non, it's wrong. You don't have to starve yourself to be thin, sure it will make you lose weight, but there are other ways non ?

^ai mancat mult la mare aaa? :laugh:

wahhh, nu rade ca nu e funny :cry: ... ce rautate esti! nu mai vb cu tine :p

Well that might be true & yea fashion is changable but the thing is that this with the size isn't anymore a must have only 4 models. some ppl don't even see it as a must have they see it as something regular & that who doesn't look like that is not Ok as like ... beeing a size 0 is something so "normaly n' important" now.

& since the 90s that whole concept of model has changed. higher standards where established & that bcoz the 90s models where very average as weight & it was much more simple to look like a model, now to look like a model you have to a size 0 & that`s not so easy & requires so much more.

I disagree with you how not anyone can be a model nowadays. I mean most models today...have average/plain/bordering on ugly faces...and can reach the size "0" by just starving themselves. They don't have to be tall or have glamzon bodies like Christy, Linda, Cindy, or Claudia did (believe me I have not seen "normal women" with bodies like these so often). Nor do they have to be amazingly gorgeous made for beauty campaigns faces a la Shalom. You just have to be really skinny be able to take a good picture and whala the chance of you posing for Stephen Meisel are great. Runway walk isn't even taken to account nowdays (hence Sasha :ninja:). :/

So to say not anyone can be model nowadyas..is well kind of stupid because these girls come and go...every new season there is a new "it" girl..and she will be reigning the european Vogues for two years or so..then she'll be gone sent to where she came from. So in truth as said before...anyone can be a model nowadays...anyone. ;)

you didn't understood my ideea & i'm not really up in'to explaining it again ... sure you got your point but you didn't got mine. ;)

^ oh la la la, very interesting discussion.

Only my opinion. Models on the runway are required and preferred thin, because if you show clothes on big models then the women clientèle at the fashion show see the clothes and automatically think "oh no that's not for me I'm not that big".

And I think it's grotesque that some people instantly think that because you are thin, you are anorexic or bulimic. Non, it's wrong. You don't have to starve yourself to be thin, sure it will make you lose weight, but there are other ways non ?

true that.

Though i'm so sick of ppl who make comments like "Ohh, God. she is so thin, she is definitely anorexic!" or "How come she is so thin? 4 sure, she is starving herself" ... it`s so annoying, it`s like you can't be thin without beeing anorexic or bulimic :|

personaly i remember the clothing better when it's being "worked"....if the girl is so thin and looks bored to be there it makes the clothes look boring.

i also like "perfect type" models cause they are supposed to be "the model of beauty"....and i find them much more versatile cause they can appeal to men and women and wear swimsuits or couture or whatever. imo

I disagree with you how not anyone can be a model nowadays. I mean most models today...have average/plain/bordering on ugly faces...and can reach the size "0" by just starving themselves. They don't have to be tall or have glamzon bodies like Christy, Linda, Cindy, or Claudia did (believe me I have not seen "normal women" with bodies like these so often). Nor do they have to be amazingly gorgeous made for beauty campaigns faces a la Shalom. You just have to be really skinny be able to take a good picture and whala the chance of you posing for Stephen Meisel are great. Runway walk isn't even taken to account nowdays (hence Sasha :ninja: ). :/

you didn't understood my ideea & i'm not really up in'to explaining it again ... sure you got your point but you didn't got mine. ;)

I understand both of your points. But I think this is what Pink~Vanilla was trying to get at. ;)

Today anyone can be anything they want. People can even be models if they choose, as long as they fill the requirements that fashion demands. BUT today in comparison to the 90s, only in terms of body mass, it is much harder to become a model than in previous years. Because during the Supermodel era, the vast majority of models had normal women's bodies. So it was easier (once again only in terms of body weight) to be a model, since most women had those figures already. Today, to be a model, thin is required. Most models have to work to become a size zero, because not every women is blessed with amazingly fast metabolism.

I hope I didn't misinterpret you, Alexis. :flower:

true that.

Though i'm so sick of ppl who make comments like "Ohh, God. she is so thin, she is definitely anorexic!" or "How come she is so thin? 4 sure, she is starving herself" ... it`s so annoying, it`s like you can't be thin without beeing anorexic or bulimic :|

Or the looks that some ignorant people give at the supermarche, like why is she buying food when she's just going to throw it up later ? You know, c'est ridicule. Or others associate malnutrition with being thin. Sometimes, depending on the person, it's these assumptions that make that person feel concern since they are viewed as weird to society. And this sometimes leads to psychological problems, which evidently almost normally leads to an eating disorder. I always say, anorexia and bulimia is 90% psychological, and only 10% phsyical. Exactement Alexis, exactement. You can't be thin without people thinking those thoughts. Why? Why can't you be naturally thin without people doubting that you are healthy or that you don't have a disorder. To assume, primarily only on the basis of apperance, well then you have to really be un abruti. Because half of what you see is an illusion or not what it appears to be.

The real reason why people 'suspect' naturally skinny people of anorexia (and the lot) is because of today's society. We don't have to exercise (we have cars, and chairs in our office) we can get food by simply going to the store and combined with a big appetite and calorie-laden food, it makes a lot of us fat. Skinny people with high metabolisms have the privilege of not gaining weight even though they eat much. The other naturally skinny people simply don't have such a huge appetite. But they are in the smaller numbers, and overshadowed by the eating disordered modeling and hollywood scene. People can be nasty and dumb: usually they are easier to judge that slim girl of an eating disorder, than thinking she has a high metabolism. Sad, but true.

People also ask me if I eat enough. (and believe me: I do) The funny thing is that it's usually flabby people asking me :devil: :laugh:

ba vbesti :D ca`ti sunt tare drag :rofl:

oricum cine e de vina ca fetele nu mananca de raman asa slabe?.. tot ele,nu altcineva :D

o stiu pe una aici care arata bine si acum e slaba cat o scobitoare .. nust dc a vrut sa slabeasca atat.a fost model in Germania acum 3 ani .. si dupa aia na belea.. acum e slabanoaga rau de tot... :ninja:

I disagree with you how not anyone can be a model nowadays. I mean most models today...have average/plain/bordering on ugly faces...and can reach the size "0" by just starving themselves. They don't have to be tall or have glamzon bodies like Christy, Linda, Cindy, or Claudia did (believe me I have not seen "normal women" with bodies like these so often). Nor do they have to be amazingly gorgeous made for beauty campaigns faces a la Shalom. You just have to be really skinny be able to take a good picture and whala the chance of you posing for Stephen Meisel are great. Runway walk isn't even taken to account nowdays (hence Sasha :ninja: ). :/

I understand both of your points. But I think this is what Pink~Vanilla was trying to get at. ;)

Today anyone can be anything they want. People can even be models if they choose, as long as they fill the requirements that fashion demands. BUT today in comparison to the 90s, only in terms of body mass, it is much harder to become a model than in previous years. Because during the Supermodel era, the vast majority of models had normal women's bodies. So it was easier (once again only in terms of body weight) to be a model, since most women had those figures already. Today, to be a model, thin is required. Most models have to work to become a size zero, because not every women is blessed with amazingly fast metabolism.

I hope I didn't misinterpret you, Alexis. :flower:

Yea. that`s what i pointed at.

[+ this as a off topic, i personaly think there was so nothing great about the 90's models, not that i am mean or anything but they was so average. nothing special about there body's & no I am not blind but it`s the true even is the whole world de doesn't admit it. Supermodels = fake myth! The today models show that fashion opend "its" eyes & got to another level, a higher one, a drastic one ... but we all do love it this way, even if some of us are denying it! [Period.]

true that.

Or the looks that some ignorant people give at the supermarche, like why is she buying food when she's just going to throw it up later ? You know, c'est ridicule. Or others associate malnutrition with being thin. Sometimes, depending on the person, it's these assumptions that make that person feel concern since they are viewed as weird to society. And this sometimes leads to psychological problems, which evidently almost normally leads to an eating disorder. I always say, anorexia and bulimia is 90% psychological, and only 10% phsyical. Exactement Alexis, exactement. You can't be thin without people thinking those thoughts. Why? Why can't you be naturally thin without people doubting that you are healthy or that you don't have a disorder. To assume, primarily only on the basis of apperance, well then you have to really be un abruti. Because half of what you see is an illusion or not what it appears to be.

I think that happens mostly bcoz only 30% of the ppl really think about there bodys. They all say they do but really they don't and they just point at the ppl who they think that are wrong. Eating a salad *but then eating McDonalds* doesnt make you a healthy eating person just bcoz you try to eat some salad ... if you get my point! Every person has its own concept about this thing & sure that different opinions bring conflicts. Anorexia & Bulimia are just illnesses that come bcoz of the 'different opinions' that generated conflicts.

& about beeing thin & ppl talking about you like you sure have a illness bcoz you are thin. it`s ppl beeing mean & not accepting that maybe you have a fast metabolism & maybe you really care about what you put in your mouth. not accepting = beeing mean, jelous or just stupid. :/

ba vbesti :D ca`ti sunt tare drag :rofl:

oricum cine e de vina ca fetele nu mananca de raman asa slabe?.. tot ele,nu altcineva :D

o stiu pe una aici care arata bine si acum e slaba cat o scobitoare .. nust dc a vrut sa slabeasca atat.a fost model in Germania acum 3 ani .. si dupa aia na belea.. acum e slabanoaga rau de tot... :ninja:

:trout:

poi e treaba de fete. though normal ca baietzi vor ca ele sa aiba tot pachetu :ninja: da fetele vor sa fie slabe, dehh ca asa e moda. Da orcum e mai bine ca vor sa fie slabe decat ... pffff grase :|

The real reason why people 'suspect' naturally skinny people of anorexia (and the lot) is because of today's society. We don't have to exercise (we have cars, and chairs in our office) we can get food by simply going to the store and combined with a big appetite and calorie-laden food, it makes a lot of us fat. Skinny people with high metabolisms have the privilege of not gaining weight even though they eat much. The other naturally skinny people simply don't have such a huge appetite. But they are in the smaller numbers, and overshadowed by the eating disordered modeling and hollywood scene. People can be nasty and dumb: usually they are easier to judge that slim girl of an eating disorder, than thinking she has a high metabolism. Sad, but true.

People also ask me if I eat enough. (and believe me: I do) The funny thing is that it's usually flabby people asking me :devil: :laugh:

Completely agree with you. But in fairness, not everyone has a car that they use, nor sit in a chair all day long, nor eat like you said calorie-laden food. For example, me, there's no point of me using my car, unless I want to go somewhere far out of the city. Bike or walk, it's quicker than staying in traffic. And I definetly would shoot myself if I sat in an office all day :| And for the food, I eat whatever I have an appetite for. But I choose raw vegetables & fruit over high sodium snacks or sweets. This is just me. In reality, I really don't give a shit what people think. I know me, and that's all that matters.

:laugh: Damn those crazies. Aha I haven't had them actually come up to me and ask me :laugh: But you know deep down instead they're just ready to interrogate you :p

Yea. that`s what i pointed at.

[+ this as a off topic, i personaly think there was so nothing great about the 90's models, not that i am mean or anything but they was so average. nothing special about there body's & no I am not blind but it`s the true even is the whole world de doesn't admit it. Supermodels = fake myth! The today models show that fashion opend "its" eyes & got to another level, a higher one, a drastic one ... but we all do love it this way, even if some of us are denying it! [Period.]

Ok good. :laugh:

Interesting. In my opinion, I find the new generation of models without question more appealing and interesting. But I have to disagree with you. Nothing special ? Personally I would apply to all of them, except Linda E & Shalom. For me they are both self- explanatory to why they are godly. All you need is to look at them in their prime of being models. Dunzo. But of course why cannot have the same opinion so your comments are fair.

I think that happens mostly bcoz only 30% of the ppl really think about there bodys. They all say they do but really they don't and they just point at the ppl who they think that are wrong. Eating a salad *but then eating McDonalds* doesnt make you a healthy eating person just bcoz you try to eat some salad ... if you get my point! Every person has its own concept about this thing & sure that different opinions bring conflicts. Anorexia & Bulimia are just illnesses that come bcoz of the 'different opinions' that generated conflicts.

& about beeing thin & ppl talking about you like you sure have a illness bcoz you are thin. it`s ppl beeing mean & not accepting that maybe you have a fast metabolism & maybe you really care about what you put in your mouth. not accepting = beeing mean, jelous or just stupid. :/

Aha I know what you mean. And it definetly doesn't make you healthy for eating a salad, because over half of those people eat it with dressing. I am not a calorie counter, but that dressing definetly adds. Whatev, some people are ridiculous and I really could care less what they think. If they can't accept whatev, it's not like you are going to invite them to dinner for them to see that you actually eat. :laugh:

anorexia, bulimia and other types of eating disorder...

have you expirienced it? do you know people who are suffering of eating disorder? have you ever thought to lose weight in an unhealthy way such as- starving? what do you think about it? who's guilty?

let's talk about it!!!

I was bulimic wen i was 14, was becuase an stupid reason! I saw me soo fat, i wanted to be like Gisele B. (very stupid i know :ninja: ) so im tall (1.78cm but in that time i was like 1.75 cm or something) and i was weighing more than the models that are of my stature. So all that i ate then i vomited, suddenly it gave me an attack of making exercises and to took things that made reduce. All my friends made all the possible of not allowing me to go to the bathroom while I am in the school, they told to the professors that didn't allow me to leave to the bathroom because they already knew what i went to make, and one day my mother got me vomiting in the house and later one of my friends told her what was happening and they took me to a psychologist but was difficult to feel better becuase i made me feel inferior with myself. I became so horrible and very skinny. I looked as a ghost. And later i start to eat better and i recover with the time

Now I am a healthy girl! :wave:

A new Andreina :heart:

da nebuna din porumb slabe slabe,da nici chiar aschii... ce draq .. vreascuri .. le pui pe foc :laugh:

:laugh: daca lor asa le place sa fie sticksurii poi treaba lor. da e aiurea oricum ... de ex. cand itzi dai seama ca una e chiar sticks :ninja: ? adica nush, mie mi se pare mumos ca fetele vor sa fie slabe :whistle:

Aha I know what you mean. And it definetly doesn't make you healthy for eating a salad, because over half of those people eat it with dressing. I am not a calorie counter, but that dressing definetly adds. Whatev, some people are ridiculous and I really could care less what they think. If they can't accept whatev, it's not like you are going to invite them to dinner for them to see that you actually eat. :laugh:

:laugh: true that. & first of all when are you forced to care about what others ppl say about you? i mean, it`s ok when they say good things, but when they don't you can just ignore them & live happily ever after or get to them & kick there ass :shifty:

:laugh: true that. & first of all when are you forced to care about what others ppl say about you? i mean, it`s ok when they say good things, but when they don't you can just ignore them & live happily ever after or get to them & kick there ass :shifty:

Exactement. :D True true, but you must also be open minded and also accepting and aware of others' comments, because constructive criticism is good sometimes. But if they're just voodoo remarks, well then ignore and and just live. Kick their asses in kickboxing match :laugh:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...