Bellazon

The Next Supermodels.

Strawberry BigMac

Next Supermodel is probably KK.She had her high fashion success.She made all the big high fashion houses when she was 16!She holds one of the biggest VS contract ever.She still can do high fashion.All she need is a little bit publicity.And than she ll be there.She is still 23!(to me she is already reach the supermodel statu)Doutzen is a long way to go.I don't think she ll get there.She still doesn't hit big.And to me her L'oreal ads are awefull.Daria doesn't have an appeal to commercial market.She maybe a high fashion queen but definetly not for commercial.Same for Gemma.As for Caroline Trentini.I m not a fan of her face but she has the body.But If Anna Wintour wants to make her a supermodel,she just needs to put her on the cover of it not every single editorial.Considering that she won't do it, no.Also I think There ll be no supermodels when Gisele still around.

Next Supermodel is probably KK.She had her high fashion success.She made all the big high fashion houses when she was 16!She holds one of the biggest VS contract ever.She still can do high fashion.All she need is a little bit publicity.And than she ll be there.She is still 23!(to me she is already reach the supermodel statu)Doutzen is a long way to go.I don't think she ll get there.She still doesn't hit big.And to me her L'oreal ads are awefull.Daria doesn't have an appeal to commercial market.She maybe a high fashion queen but definetly not for commercial.Same for Gemma.As for Caroline Trentini.I m not a fan of her face but she has the body.But If Anna Wintour wants to make her a supermodel,she just needs to put her on the cover of it not every single editorial.Considering that she won't do it, no.Also I think There ll be no supermodels when Gisele still around.

Agreed. I think Caroline COULD be really popular if someone like Anna pushed her in the right direction, but if she keeps giving her these crap editorials then it just makes people get sick of her.

Doutzen has the potential but she needs to make the right choices. I think she's on a good start though because she's got fans but isn't EVERYWHERE. CK will do wonders for her, but she needs to stay in high fashion and not just worry about CK and VS. Actually, I hope she avoids VS until she hits her peak.

I don't get the appeal of Doutzen and I don't find her sexy, I mean not all the time.:ninja: But I m objective on my opinions.Doutzen is 22 year old.She is yound but not that much.She has to do something big if she wants to be a supermodel.IF you compare her to KK.Gap is soo big.She has got 2 big contracts.One is L'oreal the other one is CK.L'oreal always uses on their major ads fashion icons or celebs.She needs to be a fashion icon to be a fronted on L'oreal.She needs to be one of the main girls to be a supermodel.As for CK;the question is how long she can play second fiddle to Natalia Vodianova.Doutzen is big but she is nowhere near of the Natalia Vodianova.Wonder is she gonna replace Natalia Vodianova soon,but I don't think she can.Natalia is high fashion fave......and her face always young.I hope Everything will be best for Doutzen tough.She is already held contracts just needs to be fronted....

There is no way that Daria can be commercial.She is soo weird looking :ninja: :alien: .I think she ll turn as Karen Elson&co.Will do high fashion all the time.I don't think she can even reach the level of Carmen Kass.

As for Trentini ,time will tell.I don't think she can get the cover of US Vogue.If they didn't give to Natalia Vodianova as they said this month.I don't think we will see any model cover soon.She has a ver energetic walk and insane body.She needs some big contracts to be a supermodel also.Not big names contract,she already gets that but multi year multi million dollar contracts.

Also what do you think about Commercial Supermodels like who ll be the next Tyra,Heidi:I think Ale will reach that level.She is pretty much everysingle catalog pages,commercials,pr events for vs.She can be there soon.As for Adriana,her chances were better than Alessandra but the question is will she ever work again.Even on VS she is not doing very well.Also there is izabel.I think her VS contract came out to soon.She can be make good things on high fashion and than will swtich to VS.Last year VS promoted her well but this year she is not even a signle swinsuit pic,which is ridiculous.She is young but somehow she couldn't make explotion and kinda starts to fall.and selita her publicity thing seems working<She was the last angel all of the things but it seems with her publicty she kinda fronted.But If the news are true,I think it will turn against her soon.She is always trying hard.

Anyway just my opinions not want to harm anybody.:)

hm, in my opinion, Daria is right on her way to be a supermodel, because she´s got all it takes, including her high-fashion look, and extremely wonderful features, gorgeous body, great personality, interesting soul :) she gonna find her way to be really BIG, just look in her eyes will tell it to you ;)

i think one of the main things that's necessary for a model to become a SUPERMODEL is excellent english. not just "hey, i can speak enough", but "yeah, i get your jokes, i understand the slang terms, etc". they have to appeal to the general north american public, and to do that they have to be able to make a good rapport with the talk-show hosts, the interviewers, the ET and AccessHollywood folk, etc etc. i think that's probably the single biggest reason why Adriana didn't explode the way she could have. she just sounds ... . well, it's very clear that she only understands a portion of what's being said to her. i see Ale's popularity rising like crazy. she's all over online blogs and people are definitely starting to take notice of her much more than before. she's maturing into a gorgeous woman, which helps. hopefully her english will get more conversational and casual.

Daria is Canadian, so she inately understands the culture and from the few interviews i've seen with her, she does seem to have a good sense of humour, etc. i think she can definitely be as successful in the commercial modelling world as she has been in the high fashion world. she already has the Lancome beauty and fragrance ads that run internationally. she just needs to step it up a notch and get involved in more mainstream things. even if everyone sees those Hypnose ads, 90% of the people won't recognize or care about the model. they'll say, "oh, she's pretty" and move on. she could definitely take a turn in SI or on the VS runway to up her public impact. look at Carmen Kass -- she's been able to do the VS show numerous times and still be a haute couture darling. same with Eva Herzigova (VS show, SI swimsuit issue numerous times, ubiquitous Wonderbra ads, etc). the only problem with Daria is that she's quite thin. no real curves to speak of. but she does have breasts, so if she put on like 5 or 10 lbs, maybe it would do wonders for her figure.

KK has always been a hit with the talk-shows and entertainment tv correspondents, etc. she's already considered a supermodel by most, and her star power is continuously rising. by this time next year, she'll be even more successful and well-known. especially if she decides to go back to doing ads and edits for the major magazines. that way the public will be able to see her in not just VS but also in other things as well. she'll bring attention to the advertisements the way that Gisele did after she became a hugely successful VS model.

Selita has the personality for sure. she is unstoppable, imo. if she keeps her negative press to a minimum, or even if she doesn't, actually. it hardly matters. Naomi certainly hasn't had loads of positive press, and there's not a person on this board who'd say that she isn't a supermodel. (*note: i'm CERTAINLY not even remotely comparing Selita to Naomi. only noting that sometimes bad press, is good press*). she's very quickly going to become a fan-favourite and a men's mag favourite as well. plus she's extremely well-spoken and charismatic. she's got the star quality.

I think Karolina's time has passed on terms of becoming a supermodel. I remember when she was fifteen and some show was like oh she'll be the next supermodel and in my eyes she hasn't reached that status. No one has been a supermodel since the ninties.

I don't think so about KK.She is still 23 and still will be.All she needs to do is a little bit more publicity ;attending big parties and find a A class celeb :ninja: .Than there she is.She already got the cover of all the vogues.Did nearly ads for everysingle high fashion house and than her big vs contract.I think her career will be like Gisele.She ll probably turned to high fashion upcoming year or next season and there will be our supermodel.I think the matter thing is;her vs contract allows to do some other things.Its been questining about Gisele latety.Angel contracts are big but they have to shoot all the time for vs.VS limited her time and somehow career I guess.

I think its different situation with selita and naomi.Naomi is a high fashion queen.She doesn't need to be a sweetheart all the time.But if selita wants to work with VS She has to.And besides VS she has nothing.She just appeared on SI and tommy ads.Thats all her career.and she is weakest of the ll of the angels.Both angels have somewhat fashion careers before VS.Selita didn't have one .She needs to work hard and I think the publicty thing is for that.But its sure that all of the negative publicty will damage her career if its contunie.

I think if the rumours are true,and Doutzen will get the cover of US Vogue.That ll be really huge for her.But we will see,if she gonna get it or right.Its suprisng that Anna Wintour choose a no name model to put on the cover but maybe she wants a new supermodel ,who knows.It will be good to see models on the cover tough.It can be open doors for other models also.

About Ale;All she needs open the VS show or wear the fantasy bra and than she ll be there.She is in the everysingle ads for vs,commercials,pr events for VS,every catalog page..She is definetly the ''it girl'' for VS now.Soon we will see her new solo vs very sexy commercials which makes her solo commercials 5 and more than any other current angels save Gisele.VS pushes her like crazy.If she make also a sexy editorials on US soon.She ll be there for sure.Like happycandadian says she needs to speak better english tough.

I think Karolina's time has passed on terms of becoming a supermodel. I remember when she was fifteen and some show was like oh she'll be the next supermodel and in my eyes she hasn't reached that status. No one has been a supermodel since the ninties.

(Y)

By the way, are you all talking about the next supermodel as in an "every person on the planet knows her name" supermodel, or just a "does all the major runways but the majority of the public doesn't have the faintest idea who she is" supermodel?

I didn't say selita is not around before VS,I said she doesn't have a career until VS.She wasn't in big magazines not in big ads etc....But with vs she is started to but I don2t think she ll be next heidi.Heidi is certainly the most succesfull commercial model.Even she is purely commercial,she got the cover of Vogue Paris,Vogue Germany,,Vogue Espana,Elle US and I-D ,walk for zac posen.IMG made her supermodel even add some her career high fashion.Its too early for selita to talk about.First she needs to appear on some mag..Her career is still novice...Also I think she ll be more interested to big screen etc...

Just because you did ads doesn't mean that you have got a name.Name means publicty etc and doutzen still no name model in the world widecompatring to gisele,natalia v even daria .Btw her vogue us cover turn as 10 models.Vogue US will make a supermodel issue.I like her recent L'oreal ads tough.

How do you know that Gisele won't be in the vsfs.If gisele won't be in the vsfs why vs made a fashion show.Alessandra,Karolina,Adriana not known as half as Gisele.There won't be any supermodel and I don't think vs create a supermodel until the show....I think all gisele asked for vs is a little bit free time to do other projects like heidi and tyra were before....

There is no way that Adriana is popular as Gisele.How you can say something like that.Ask any brasilian .Gisele is famous as rockstar or moviestar in Brasil.Most of the brasilian doesn't know Adriana's name as a model.Adriana is a supestar on international area but she is not well known in Brasil...Isabeli Fontana,Caroline Threntini,Leticia all are more recognizable in Brasil.Its really suprising that you said that.Adriana is of course more well known than Ale and KK.She was sooo great until 2005 than she start s to fall.She was not in any single international campagin besides not in editorials.Like you said she let herself go and to me its a shame.She is one of the most goergous models on the world but she is not doing anything :/ Even in vs she work less :/ Anyway I hope she ll decide to work again.

I understand what you mean but vogue us puts big models or let say supermodels on their cover;like they put linda eand the year before they put Liya.Doutzen is a great model she already holds two big contract but in US Vogue standards she is on the list of not-well known models.Its said that US Vogue will make an issue like what they did 2004.You remember that?Daria,Natalia,Gisele,Isabeli,Karolina,Liya,Karen Elson,Gemma Ward and Hana Soukupova was on that issue cover.They ll make another like that.with 10 models and Doutzen is one of them.

Yeah we have different opinions about Selita........

Gisele doesn't have a myspace.