Bellazon

Weird looking Models VS. "Pretty" models

ninanina19

I think right now there are TOO MANY of these weird-looking girls. With really farset eyes and a wide-ish face. I mean they're all over the face. They're not really even unique. I mean I personally am a huge fan of Gemma and Lily's editorials but to clone them and have so many girls like them is so stupid. None of them are as good as Kate or Gemma when it comes to modeling. IMO I think you are unique with your personality more than your look. Most of these girls just bore me and aren't unique at all just disgustingly weird looking. I'm afraid that classic beauties like Doutzen Kroes and Ana BB will not get any more jobs because of these alien-like waifs. A model should be expressive and none of these girls are. They're just boring. No one is picking the beautiful girls anymore. Practically all of the VS girls that were first-comers were waifs.

Well... I, personnally love Stam. B/c she isn't a clone of Gemma, just as you said.

But I agree with you about vs chosing too many girls like her/Heather/etc. And I agree that it starts to become boring to see only the more or less baby faced/ alienish looking girls.

but I have the feeling they will lose popularity in the upcoming years, b/c there are too much of them and they aren't "special" any more :yes:

Well... I, personnally love Stam. B/c she isn't a clone of Gemma, just as you said.

But I agree with you about vs chosing too many girls like her/Heather/etc. And I agree that it starts to become boring to see only the more or less baby faced/ alienish looking girls.

but I have the feeling they will lose popularity in the upcoming years, b/c there are too much of them and they aren't "special" any more :yes:

Exactly. But actually Jessica wasn't bad .I thought she was but then I watched the show. She was cute and added to the youngish vibe. I think Caroline Trentini has an awesome body but her face is too young looking for VS. Same with most of the other blondes like Hana. They hardly looked sexy, more like pretty. Natasha was the best imo out of the new ones.

Practically all of the VS girls that were first-comers were waifs.

i think it's one of VS attempts to be high-fashion :p

just kiddin...

anyways, i agree with you that Jeisa was a great addition this year, i was really hopin that she'd be in...

am i right when i say that Devon Aoki was the first of their kind, this baby doll-ish look that is so in demand right now? coz after her, i started to see more and more of them...Gemma, Lily, Caroline, Stammy, Heather, etc...

i'm not complaining though, these girls mentioned are the ones who always have the best editorials :yes:

and not to mention the best campaign ads too, IMO :)

Practically all of the VS girls that were first-comers were waifs.

i think it's one of VS attempts to be high-fashion :p

just kiddin...

anyways, i agree with you that Jeisa was a great addition this year, i was really hopin that she'd be in...

am i right when i say that Devon Aoki was the first of their kind, this baby doll-ish look that is so in demand right now? coz after her, i started to see more and more of them...Gemma, Lily, Caroline, Stammy, Heather, etc...

i'm not complaining though, these girls mentioned are the ones who always have the best editorials :yes:

and not to mention the best campaign ads too, IMO :)

lol

u just named all models that scare me!!!

oh,and Sasha,too...

what is the difference between sasha and gemma??? r they like twins??? LOL

i actually prefer the models without the classic beauty looks. sure, they're nice to look at, but with models like vlada, sasha and tanya, they're so much more interesting to look at. gemma isn't so weird looking anymore, she used to be considered an alien but this season she's growing into her looks so much more. at the end of the day, they're the girls that stick in your mind. i do like ana bb, but i guess there's a reason why they do lingerie more than high fashion?

Ana did dior, valentino and a lot of other high fashion and even couture shows but she's now lost for the high fashion industry. She managed to turn into a successful commerical model, which i believe is the best thing a model can achieve after her high fashion moments are behind her (the industry likes new faces and you can do anything against that). But i don't think she doesn't get more work because she's lazy, she just don't match the designers dreams and fantasies anymore.

And rouge, the alien girls will disappear but fashion works with cycle so next time it might be the gorgeous curvy models, then the edgy ugly ones, then the aliens again... i just hope all those weight reglementations won't change the industry to the point that one day short and chubby girls will walk the runway, i mean fashion must make ppl dream and i like the fact that being a model isn't something anybody can do...

Why do you guys hate alien girls? :cry:

They're necessary to the dramatic effect for pieces of photographers and designers.

It had best take the moderation in the fashion industry I mean there are too many alien girls

inordinately :ninja: In my opinion, some Milan designers have to kick their ass and

hire all the VS models! Gemma and Lily were on Versace, Cavalli and blah blah blah runway.

What the hell was that? Did they look perfect and sexy there?

I love my alien angels but it was ridiculous <_< However John Galliano obviously need more

cloned alien models like Karen, Lily, Coco, Tanya for his unique costume and Valentino need more

beautiful models. It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, designers :whistle:

BTW even though they're not curvy tanned angels, love them you guys! :persuazn: :laugh: