Bellazon

Megan Ewing

i just wanna see more of megan this year.....hey megan ewing plz plz plz take up more modelling jobs yeah....i've had it with adriana lima....if u ask me, she's overrated!! no offence to u adriana fanz...i think she's gr8 and all but u must admit that she's everywhere....kinda suffocating!! once again no offence to adri's fans!!

considering 2005 was probably adriana's worst year imo :cry:

i just wanna see more of megan this year.....hey megan ewing plz plz plz take up more modelling jobs yeah....i've had it with adriana lima....if u ask me, she's overrated!! no offence to u adriana fanz...i think she's gr8 and all but u must admit that she's everywhere....kinda suffocating!! once again no offence to adri's fans!!

considering 2005 was probably adriana's worst year imo :cry:

why ? cause she barely did more than VS stuff ?

compared to other models...i dont think she did as much stuff....and compared to 2003 and 2004...i didnt scan that much stuff :p

unfortunately i don't think she's gonna do a lot more... She barely walks the runway now (only for brazilian fashion weeks and mostly suimsuits) whereas she used to do a lot more (and even high fashion like Dior...). Models don't generally get back to the catwalk, plus this is the era of "european/eastern looking" runway models (the only brazilians who do all the big shows -like caroline trentini- have white skin, light hair...).

About ads and campaigns i think it's hard to do a lot when you've got contracts with 2 major brands -she can't do any other beauty ads cuz of Maybelline, no Lingerie cuz of VS...

I don't think she'll ever be a high fashion model again. She might still do stuff for brazilian brands since you've always got a biggest impact when you model in your country (there was a time laetitia casta coulda sold butter or fish in france, ppl woulda bought that stuff lol) but i don't believe too much in a big come back...

IMO the only brazilian models who do well actually (apart from gisele) are Caroline trentini (major campaigns, all the big runways) Ana beatriz (she works a lot in brazil and still do some stuff for international brands like Diesel) and Isabeli (lotsa major campaigns in brazil and in teh world, and she still does all the major runway shows)

Adriana may be the Hottest woman in the world, she's unfortunately not one of the biggest models (i don't talk bout how much model earn)

she only has an online popular fan base....her name isnt known like other models....i dont blame her for that i blame the people that represent her for not bringing her to the attention of people in the U.S....she's better known in Europe and the TIM commercials only helped...especially for Italy. Adriana only does the New York Fashion shows and the ones in Brasil but if you talk to any Adriana fan they will tell you 2005 wasnt her best year. Considering she was voted #1 for 2005 by askmen.com that personally put my expectations way too high early in 2005, i was like im gonna be seeing a lot of adriana this year and in my opinion i didnt see enough and when i did see her, i didnt like what i saw. Personally I dont like European models...and when that one girl said that the Brasilian models are going down....I think that was stupid because it shows weakness in my opinion and fear...but thats just me. You cant compare European models to latin models because almost all the latin models are busty and while European models arent as busty as Latin models....and for runway most models arent very busty....they are very thin. Even Adriana's weight fluctuated when she did runway in 2005....she seemed to lose weight and had to gain it again. Compare her to Ana BB...Ana BB who I love has a different body type than Adriana's....she isnt as "busty" as Adriana and is taller than Adriana meaning she can do more runway than Adriana. But when you talk to Ana BB fans they will say there wasnt enough Ana as well. Now Megan is coming back and I have nothing against that, I like Megan...her fans are just as crazy as us Adriana fans...and Adriana and Megan are still friends and they had some of the best pictures with each other. I dont like that people bash Adriana just because she is popular on bellazon...clearly my fault...i brought all the adriana fans from chilax to bellazon when it closed down and they came here....word spreads out....of course fans will go to where they feel comfortable.

i dunno about other european countries but in France adriana only does some maybelline Ads (which we don't see a lot) and almost nobody knows her... Most of the ppl who actually know her discovered her on the Internet thanks to forums like BZ or sites like askmen.

About runways: Isabeli is busty and she did all the major runways that season :p actually i think she's the brazilian model (once again apart from gisele) who's got the best carreer as a fashion model, not in terms of popularity or incomes (still she was ranked 3rd behind gisele and adriana and before Ana in the last highest paid brazilian models list i saw)

About bashing Adriana: i think she's hot -it can't be denied. But i just think she overrated AS A FASHION MODEL. I mean Eugenia Volodina (for instance -i quote her cause she's one of my favourite models) works a lot more than her, she's done campaigns for Yves St laurent, Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, Escada, Eres, Bvlgari, Fendi, Chanel, Salvatore ferragamo, Valentino... And is still walking the runway for the most prestigious fashion brands but still you only hear bout ADRIANA <_< I can totally uderstand that adriana is the fave girl of most ppl but IMO she should be so popular as a SEXY BABE, not as a fashion model cause she hasn't done so much great work lately

Adriana is talked about a lot because she snagged campaigns with two of America's biggest companies. You have to consider it this way, Victoria's Secret and Maybelline are known to even the lower class. Now ask them who the hell Bvlgaria is or Yves Saint Laurent or even Escada and chances are they'll look at you like you're stupid. Most of the "high fashion" brands are known by only people interested in models or the people who can afford to buy that stuff and I've been into models for awhile now but these big time brands are popping up that I've never even heard of. And this is the year/time for models to be extremely trendy (haven't you noticed a very big increase in who likes them?) so people are going to cling to the ones with new, fresh faces and though they've been around for a few years people like Caroline and Gemma are just now getting all of this work and why? People are demanding it more. More people are demanding it. They get things like that snatched up left and right so where does that leave everyone else? And no, I'm not blaming them for Adriana's lack of work but it doesn't help.

Now if we want to discuss her runway, Adriana's busiest year was in 2002 when she was popping out Spring 2003 shows like you wouldn't believe. After that things kind of settled and personally, I don't mind it. Runway is so blah and they stick these models into clothes that are disgusting half the time. This year was a bit of a come back year for her on the runway, mainly in Brazil. She did quite a few shows for SPFW, one for NYFW, and one for LFW. That might not be a lot but for someone who hasn't been active on the runway? It's good, at least I think so. Maybe that's a sign of things to come in the new year, I'm hoping so.

I don't want to argue about it since I think it's stupid. We don't know why things aren't going good for her lately, all we can do is assume and it's not needed. Let's just be happy with what we get, yes?

i'm sorry but if you ask anybody in france they're likely to know YSL, Chanel or Vuitton. Now if you're talking bout knowing the MODELS, i don't think they'll be able to name them but they won't be able to name maybelline's models either (maybe cuz the big time brand in France is L'oreal but they only hire celebrities like charlize theron or Beyonce, or supermodels like Claudia schiffer, Kate Moss, Milla, Natalia...)

About Adriana and her "bad" 2005 year: i don't think that a $4,000,000 contract with VS is that bad lol, but it's a choice she made: doing several campaigns OR sticking to one brand with a big contract but risking to not get others. Anyway adriana says she wanna be an actress, and i think she'll work for VS til the end of her modelling carrer so she doesn't really need to do a come-back: she earns enough money with VS and Maybelling, she's known in the undustry and those 2 contracts are a full time job... She's now known as a celebrity more than a model, and i think that's what she wanted cuz it'll be good for her future carreer...

Anyway as you said we can only assume and that's only my opinion...

Personally, I :heart: Adriana, even more so after Megan described her as a wonderful person, mentor and friend. She's gorgeous, sexy, incredibly sucessful, and a very sweet person. What's not to love?

But I still like Megan better, of course! :p

And though it's soooo late of me (blame it on winter holidays... I'm just a big ol' tub of unmotivated jelly at this point), HAPPY NEW YEARS, EVERYBODY!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: Hope you have as good of a year as you did in 2005-- if not better! :fun:

I wonder if Megan is in New York yet...? :wave:

• 2 weeks later...
I've been wondering the samething.

Hey everyone I'm brand new to this site but not new to Adriana and Alessandra. But just today I was watching that video (if anyone has seen it) with Adriana on the beach for Victorias Swimsuit Secrets. I've watched it many times before but I just noticed that Adriana said Megan's name. So I started searching around and I found her website. I think that her eyes have mesmerized us all. I think she might be my favorite now. Anyway how do you put images on avatar?

Just a week ago I told myself that I'll never see a more irresistable women than Adriana. I was just like all those other completely devoted people to her. I downloaded a video to see Adriana but I couldn't even blink when Megan was staring into the screen with those eyes. So what is it that makes her so.......... I don't even have a word to decribe her.