Bellazon

Explain your username

lox

I was just curious why people chose their user names. Was there a certain reason for this? Did it just sound cool? I also wanted to clear up the reasons for my user name, people had told me it was strange.

I chose mine, because i like the word oasis. i saw one of the definitions of oasis A situation or place preserved from surrounding unpleasantness; a refuge.

i found the idea that opposites attract fascinating eg. An oasis of serenity amid chaos.

I believe that i have a sensible level of intellect, so i decided to incorporate that in the name: an oasis of intelligence amid stupidity. I wasn't sure if i used it in the right context, but i thought it sounded subtly aggressive and kinda funky. I liked the concept.

I thought that entire sentence/phrase would've been to long to make a member name so i decided that there is an oasis surrounded by mindlessness; as a replacement of the water.

There is a sense of wit in there, even if only slight.

Enough about me, i would now like to hear about urs (crosses fingers and hopes for a reply)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your thread was created, it's just that an almost identical thread already existed, so I put the two together. :)

All of the posts from your thread were carried over to this one, as was your explanation, above ;)

yea i remember the socom from MGS i still need to play the 3rd one for PS2 (Snake Eater), anyone played it yet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah i have, its a lot different. I already beat it and i recommend it.

• 2 months later...
i originally wanted to go with the username

new_york_city_fuckin_kicks_serious_ass_because_i_party_every_night_with_hot_girl

_who_rock_my_world  but i abbreviated that to "nyc_rocks"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:laugh: damn your partying soul!!! I want in!!! :p

red_ed: derived from the latin words meaning "lazy S.O.B" :laugh:

ed's my name and I'm a Liverpool FC fanatic, hence the red part. Simple.

That and my friend claims I'm a communist spy :ninja: :rofl:

• 4 weeks later...