Bellazon

Explain your username

lox

You mean "Song 2," eh? Well.. apparently, you don't remember the Space Jam title song from the soundtrack by the Quad City DJ's... it is t3h win (I'm joking, by the way).

Anyway, explanation for one of the other usernames I use (sceadu):

Middle English shadwe, from Old English sceaduw-, sceadu shade

Shade and shadow are not only related in meaning; historically they are the same word. In Old English, the ancestor of Modern English spoken a thousand years ago, nouns were inflected; that is, they had different forms depending on how they were used in a sentence. One of the inflected forms of the Old English noun sceadu, translatable as either

yea, its a few pages back, but i have no problem reiterating

mascot is my nickname where i work.(a pizza shop called Kronys) its not really a funny story, but my friend looked at me and decided that since i was short, i would become the Kronys Mascot. simply because i am short. i think only 3 people call me corey now. i even have my own theme song since it spiraled so out of controll :fun:

• 1 month later...

I was just curious why people chose their user names. Was there a certain reason for this? Did it just sound cool? I also wanted to clear up the reasons for my user name, people had told me it was strange.

I chose mine, because i like the word oasis. i saw one of the definitions of oasis A situation or place preserved from surrounding unpleasantness; a refuge.

i found the idea that opposites attract fascinating eg. An oasis of serenity amid chaos.

I believe that i have a sensible level of intellect, so i decided to incorporate that in the name: an oasis of intelligence amid stupidity. I wasn't sure if i used it in the right context, but i thought it sounded subtly aggressive and kinda funky. I liked the concept.

I thought that entire sentence/phrase would've been to long to make a member name so i decided that there is an oasis surrounded by mindlessness; as a replacement of the water.

There is a sense of wit in there, even if only slight.

Enough about me, i would now like to hear about urs (crosses fingers and hopes for a reply)