Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

Honestly I'd be kind of surprised if the scans don't make their rounds on the internet, I think people underestimate how easily it gets out/spread. If you buy the book at a $1500 then you're a sucker that is helping contribute to the ludicrous price tags. Its not about expecting him to give a shit about what people on bellazon think, it's about expecting him to want to maximize his profits off of it. He could make way more money from it if it was a more affordable price and would sell exponentially more copies. Like, I understand the cost of production is probably slightly more than a normal book, but its still free relative to the price tag. The argument of spending 4 years of hard work to make the book is a silly argument, people spend 4+ years on tons of books that have normal price tags. I daresay his job isn't that difficult,  I'd be happy to put in extra hours to take pictures of beautiful women

21 hours ago, Schemer said:

lol, artists are some of the most paid and celebrated people in today's society.

I don't know where you live, but where I live art is one of the most inestimated things. And I don't think it's any different in other places in the world, for people who don't work in any area that involves art or who search about it.

Even if it were really appreciated, and really understood, there wouldn't be people trying to give their opinion on the price placed on such works. But that's just my opinion :idk:

If you want to make it 100% legit, you'd have to cut out pages and scan them one by one. Alternatively you could just open the book and scan it like that but you will end up with bends at the edge.

If you don't want to slice up your expensive book then taking photos with phone camera will suffice too. Just got to be careful about the glare.

16 hours ago, vismundcygnus said:

hypothetically, if I bought this, how would I go about making UHQ scans?

Something to keep in mind if you’re new to scanning: it’s gong to take you much longer than you initially imagine.

If you go the scanning route (that is, not the photo route), your quickest option will be pulling the book apart. Keeping the book intact will add time due to positioning and rescanning misalignments.

With a book this size you’re probably looking at multiple scans per page and then joining the images in an image editor. I’d allot at least 5 minutes per page to do that, and that’s super generous. That means that for a 400 page book you’re looking at but upwards of 30 hours to get it all done. A few hours in and you’re going to be wondering why you just destroyed something you paid $1,500 for just so you can put in a work week to deliver content to some ungrateful strangers on the internet.