Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

I found it very interesting and cute that she speaks to him in portuguese :smile:

Do you think she also speaks to him in english? It's very common for a "bilingual" couple to speak in both languages to their babies, so they can learn both of them as they are both mother-languages! (sorry for this rant, but I'm a linguist, so I found these kinda things really interesting haha)

45 minutes ago, ThePinkDiet said:

I found it very interesting and cute that she speaks to him in portuguese :smile:

Do you think she also speaks to him in english? It's very common for a "bilingual" couple to speak in both languages to their babies, so they can learn both of them as they are both mother-languages! (sorry for this rant, but I'm a linguist, so I found these kinda things really interesting haha)

candice is afrikaners

mother-language is afrikaans not english!

2 hours ago, ThePinkDiet said:

So adorable that she's speaking portuguese to him indeed!

And I think she probably does! My parents spoke to me in both their languages as I was growing up and I only "chose" one as a main-language after I started school. :p 

I think the show would be a huge success in Australia as well... But for me personally, if this is true, I'm excited to see them go to Shanghai! It's just something totally new and different and I don't think it'd be a bad idea for VS to spread into other markets as Schemer has mentioned.

About Candice speaking Portuguese to her son, for some reason I don't feel like she talks a lot of English to him or even with Hermann, but I could be wrong :p 

Dont get me wrong, I think it's cool if it's in Shanghi. But they just did one in Paris last year. I remember when they did the show in London and thinking that was really special. But if they do it in different countries every year it just doesn't make it as special to me. But that is only my opinion. 

I also have to agree with Luna. I don't see Candice speaking much English or Afrikaans to Hermann and Anaca. But who really knows! I wouldn't be surprised if her son grew up knowing at least Afrikaans as well as Portuguese...