Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

3 hours ago, Clauds said:

That swimsuit is horrible, is it from her line? It's the most unflattering thing o.o glad to see her hair is still dark tho, it looks so good

No, it's from an IG brand. But she is working on the Resort Collection of Tropic of C.

I'm going to put the new interview from Candice to WWD here, since the site is blocked for non-subscribers (luckily Tropic of C shared the interview via Stories :D). I'm sharing here because there are some cool things about future branding possibilities (like events and stuff like that)

Ones to Watch in Swimwear: Tropic of C

Tropic of C's initial lineup does double duty as sophisticated fashion basics for the summer months

Candice Swanepoel's supermodel background has certainly come in handy for her lates endeavor. 

The founder of the swimwear line Tropic of C, which launched earlier this year, has a focus on sophisticated, classic silhouettes. The line's inaugural offering included an assortment of one-pieces that included scoop-neck styles with ribbed fabric, athletic side-striping and check prints.

"The [brand's] name comes from the idea of creating a fictional place, our own tropic, where summer never ends" Swanepoel said. 

The business has so far seen traction with the founder, noting the line's Eighties-inspired tube top and a matching high-waisted, high-leg bottom as the brand's number-one style. The Coco black bikini, rib mallot called Bo, and C one-piece bearing ultra-skinny straps have also seen strong sales.

"We bring a modern approach to vintage classics and a mix of European elegance with Brazilian ease" Swanepoel said of why she thinks the line's been able to stand out. "We focus on distinct fits - it features a high-cut lega, some corset-type tops and references to the Eighties and Nineties." 

The materials used are sourced from Italian mills, some of which are using regenerated nylon.

Tropic of C is direct-to-consumer but is now exploring additional distribution opportunities.

"We will always be very commited to this [direct] model, but we are considering partnerships with a few select boutiques or other online businesses who have a similiar brand ethos and kindred spirits," Swanepoel said. "We want to grow our community and bring our product to our custumers in real life, interact with our girls via pop-up events, thunk shows and collaborations. We learned we have lots of global customers and in order to serve them well, we need partners in different corners of the world."

The line, which recently began showing its resort 2019 collection, rangers from $120 to $260 for one-pieces. Bottoms start at $65 with tops starting at $80.

The Link: https://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-features/ones-to-watch-swimwear-tropic-of-c-candice-swanepoel-1202757344/

22 hours ago, medicenevs said:

No, it's from an IG brand. But she is working on the Resort Collection of Tropic of C.

god bless :rofl:  she's got some really nice swimsuits in her line, so I would have been confused if that ugly as fuck thing was from her line. I wonder if she's gonna shoot the Resort Collection herself or if she's gonna have another model in it.

4 hours ago, Clauds said:

god bless :rofl:  she's got some really nice swimsuits in her line, so I would have been confused if that ugly as fuck thing was from her line. I wonder if she's gonna shoot the Resort Collection herself or if she's gonna have another model in it.

Idk but I just hope she gets a better team for the shoot this time, not that they previous pictures were beautiful because they were but it could had been wayyyyyy better.

9 hours ago, angelcandicebra said:

Do you guys think Natasha is shooting something like a lookbook (since Tropic of C is thinking about spreading to some boutiques) or that she will be the face of the Resort campaign?

I think she'll do a lookbook mostly for social media and for boutiques but maybe she'll be in the web with Candice too.

5 hours ago, MissPadilla said:

I think she'll do a lookbook mostly for social media and for boutiques but maybe she'll be in the web with Candice too.

It would be great for her having it on the website and also having a show on the Miami Swim Week at some point using the models she puts on the website.

She's probably doing the campaign, there's no way Candice will be shooting the campaign herself as I don't think she'd do it unless she was in top shape tbh, I'm just surprised she didn't go for one of her model friends, but maybe she's saving them for special collabs in the future. And yes, having her own show at MSW would be amazing, hopefully her line will grow enough.