Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

Ariel is actually a very common name for boys here in South America. I can think of at least three co-workers named Ariel :rofl: I guess it sounds weird for non-South American people because Ariel = Little Mermaid, but for us down here, it's a really common boy name, i think it's cute :) 

Again, congrats to them and kuddos to Candice for doing natural births, her kids are gigantic, mad respect to her o.o

55 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Ariel is actually a very common name for boys here in South America. I can think of at least three co-workers named Ariel :rofl: I guess it sounds weird for non-South American people because Ariel = Little Mermaid, but for us down here, it's a really common boy name, i think it's cute :) 

Again, congrats to them and kuddos to Candice for doing natural births, her kids are gigantic, mad respect to her o.o

Spanish-speaking countries of South America

in Brazil ariel = little mermaid

12 minutes ago, MissPadilla said:

Eu amo o nome! Eu também conheço alguns homens chamados Ariel, mas é principalmente o nome de uma menina, mesmo que haja um rockstar da Argentina chamado Ariel Rot, então eu meio que me adaptei para ver homens com esse nome.

Ele é tão fofo e parecido com o Anacã. ❤️

is a very common name in Argentina not in Brazil

it's sad to see that for most of people references for names are Disney. :girlbanghead:

Ariel is an Hebraic name for a boy. Also the name of an archangel. Ariel was a name for boys at first then it became one for girls : Arielle

A lot boys are named Ariel in France.

One more thing that Disney messed up!

3 minutes ago, Sanni said:

To name a boy Ariel and expect people not to associate that with a Disney princess

tenor.gif

Reminds me of Halle Berry acting as if she had no idea why people would think of The Lion King when she named her daughter Nala.

This. Except here on BZ you’re not supposed to think logically lol and make a big deal out of everything! I honestly don’t care what she names her children but if you call your son Ariel, a lot of people will automatically think “Huh? Disney!”. 

Us: Oh, Ariel is also a name for a boy and explain why.
Some others: Y'ALL OBLIGATING US NOT TO THINK ON THE LITTLE MERMAID!

Like, literally no one is trying to make you think otherwise, we are just saying but y'all can think whatever you want, like... You're actually the ones making a big deal out of this.:rofl:

Right that’s why all the “Ariel isn’t a girls name” people in here keep telling every person who thought of Disney that they’re wrong? :rofl: So what if people associate it with Disney? I think most people would. I have never heard of a boy named Ariel until now. 

23 minutes ago, medicenevs said:

Us: Oh, Ariel is also a name for a boy and explain why.
Some others: Y'ALL OBLIGATING US NOT TO THINK ON THE LITTLE MERMAID!

Like, literally no one is trying to make you think otherwise, we are just saying but y'all can think whatever you want, like... You're actually the ones making a big deal out of this.:rofl:

Nope, not buying that version :D

Just now, *Luna* said:

Right that’s why all the “Ariel isn’t a girls name” people in here keep telling every person who thought of Disney that they’re wrong? :rofl: So what if people associate it with Disney? I think most people would. I have never heard of a boy named Ariel until now. 

Ariel is an unisex name, that's what were trying to say. And, if you didn't heard about boys called Ariel, that's maybe a demographic thing but it there are plenty boys in the world called Ariel. I get why people think on the Little Mermaid thing and I don't discuss that, it's what I'm saying, you can think on that it's normal were not trying to make you not to think about the movie but what were trying to say is it works for both genders.

2 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Nope, not buying that version :D

Ok.:rofl:

5 hours ago, Sanni said:

To name a boy Ariel and expect people not to associate that with a Disney princess

tenor.gif

Reminds me of Halle Berry acting as if she had no idea why people would think of The Lion King when she named her daughter Nala.

Nope, not buying that version

Oh and if some idiotic *Luna* people can't address a direct message to a member who made the comment about Ariel being a boy name, she can keep her irrelevant comment to herself. :flower:

1 hour ago, medicenevs said:

Ariel is an unisex name, that's what were trying to say. And, if you didn't heard about boys called Ariel, that's maybe a demographic thing but it there are plenty boys in the world called Ariel. I get why people think on the Little Mermaid thing and I don't discuss that, it's what I'm saying, you can think on that it's normal were not trying to make you not to think about the movie but what were trying to say is it works for both genders.

Thank you.

Doesn't change the fact that Disney is evil :ph34r: