Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

4 hours ago, Candylicious. said:

Found an interview this morning in a dutch newspaper called "Metro".

I made some pics with my phone

IMG_4710.thumb.JPG.ca1b3afdbbb89ac83c133b6cd1f601b9.JPGIMG_4711.thumb.JPG.cac238476ca45b87795d4b68199e8290.JPGIMG_4709.thumb.JPG.1d67a5f2f0cc1ae8051dd5ed91726702.JPG

If you guys want i can translate it? Btw the interview is from end of March when she was in Paris for a day with Givenchy.

Please Translate :Angel:

On 11 mei 2017 at 3:04 PM, Candylicious. said:

Interview in a dutch newspaper called "Metro".

IMG_4709.thumb.JPG.1d67a5f2f0cc1ae8051dd5ed91726702.JPG

~ Translated by me (Candylicious.)

Candice Swanepoel: "I'm a feminist"

Her name is beautiful and her birthplace even more. Candice Swanepoel from Mooirivier, South Africa. The topmodel is the face of Givenchy's new perfume Dahlia Divin, le Nectar de Perfume. Metro talks exclusively with her in Paris.

Bright blue eyes, caramel colored locks, legs that have no ending... Dressed in a black, sleeveless jumpsuit the angel of Victoria's Secret walks into the suite of Hotel Park Hyatt Vendôme. With an annual income from about 5,5 million euro Swanepoel belongs to the top 10 of worlds best paid models. Not crazy for someone who was discovered at age 15 in a flee market in Durban. Since the age of 16 she already earned 6000 euro a day. She walked shows for almost every high fashion brand like Dolce & Gabbana, Tommy Hilfiger and Diane von Fürstenberg. Did campaigns for Tom Ford, Miu Miu, Ralph Lauren, Versace and more. She also wore the 'Fantasy bra' in 2013 worth ten million dollar during the Victoria's Secret Fashion show.

Despite the impressive state of records Swanepoel (27) stayed a down-to-earth woman with humour. Recently she came into disrepute because she publicly breastfeeded her seven months year old son Anacã, named after a tropical bird. Swanepoel reacted provoked: "Giving breastfeeding has nothing to do with sex, but is something natural. A lot of women are ashamed to feed their child in public or even get removed out of public rooms. Shame."

You are for the first time the face of a perfume, in this case the new fagrance Dahlia Divin, le Nectar de Perfume. What are the difference with a shoot for example?
More then at a shoot i'm the personification of a whole brand with video's and the advertise campaign. Dahlia Divin le Nectar de Perfume has all the ingredients in it what I love. Mimosa, jasmine, rose, vetiver and sandalwood. It's a perfume I could wear every day, doesn't matter which outfit I wear. The fragrance is from a modern goddess, natural and sophisticated, no loud 'bombshelley'.

You grew up in South Africa. What are the scents you remember?
The open fireplaces, unions and garlic in the kitchen and the water tower in my town was filled with jasmin. South Africa is still in my heart. I like to join projects like Mother, a jeans label for who I designed a collection where the proceeds went to women with hiv. South African women are stong and wear with dignity their responsibility. They should get more support for that. I'm a feminist, not extreme but I want to make an effort for people who don't have what I have. Every day when I wake up I realise what a special life I have.

How you got those long legs?
From my father and I also passed them to my son. But I did not always liked them. On school I really got bullied for them. I felt like a stick, not sexy at all.

You just became a mother, how do you see the future?
I would love to have a big family with three or four children. Also keep going for as long as possible with my career and finding the balance between work and family. But most of all I want to enjoy the here and now and don't look to much at the future.

Karin Kuijpers

~ Translated myself so sorry for any language faults but i did the best i can. If you repost please credit me and/or BZ, thanks.

13 hours ago, Candylicious. said:

~ Translated by me (Candylicious.)

Candice Swanepoel: "I'm a feminist"

Her name is beautiful and her birthplace even more. Candice Swanepoel from Mooirivier, South Africa. The topmodel is the face of Givenchy's new perfume Dahlia Divin, le Nectar de Perfume. Metro talks exclusively with her in Paris.

Bright blue eyes, caramel colored locks, legs that have no ending... Dressed in a black, sleeveless jumpsuit the angel of Victoria's Secret walks into the suite of Hotel Park Hyatt Vendôme. With an annual income from about 5,5 million euro Swanepoel belongs to the top 10 of worlds best paid models. Not crazy for someone who was discovered at age 15 in a flee market in Durban. Since the age of 16 she already earned 6000 euro a day. She walked shows for almost every high fashion brand like Dolce & Gabbana, Tommy Hilfiger and Diane von Fürstenberg. Did campaigns for Tom Ford, Miu Miu, Ralph Lauren, Versace and more. She also wore the 'Fantasy bra' in 2013 worth ten million dollar during the Victoria's Secret Fashion show.

Despite the impressive state of records Swanepoel (27) stayed a down-to-earth woman with humour. Recently she came into disrepute because she publicly breastfeeded her seven months year old son Anacã, named after a tropical bird. Swanepoel reacted provoked: "Giving breastfeeding has nothing to do with sex, but is something natural. A lot of women are ashamed to feed their child in public or even get removed out of public rooms. Shame."

You are for the first time the face of a perfume, in this case the new scent Dahlia Divin, le Nectar de Perfume. What are the difference with a shoot for example?
More then at a shoot i'm the personification of a whole brand with video's and the advertise campaign. Dahlia Divin le Nectar de Perfume has all the ingredients in it what I love. Mimosa, jasmine, rose, vetiver and sandalwood. It's a perfume I could wear every day, doesn't matter which outfit I wear. The fragrance is from a modern goddess, natural and sophisticated, no loud 'bombshelley'.

You grew up in South Africa. What are the scents you remember?
The open fireplaces, unions and garlic in the kitchen and the water tower in my town was filled with jasmin. South Africa is still in my heart. I like to join projects like Mother, a jeans label for who I designed a collection where the proceeds went to women with hiv. South African women are stong and wear with dignity their responsibility. They should get more support for that. I'm a feminist, not extreme but I want to make an effort for people who don't have what I have. Every day when I wake up I realise what a special life I have.

How you got those long legs?
From my father and I also passed them to my son. But I did not always liked them. On school I really got bullied for them. I felt like a stick, not sexy at all.

You just became a mother, how do you see the future?
I would love to have a big family with three or four children. Also keep going for as long as possible with my career and finding the balance between work and family. But most of all I want to enjoy the here and now and don't look to much at the future.

Karin Kuijpers

~ Translated myself so sorry for any language faults but i did the best i can. If you repost please credit me and/or BZ, thanks.

Thanks so much :heart:

^ I've been saying it for a while... if some of the photographers that have shot with her repeatedly over the years released a behind-the-scenes DVD of her work with unseen photos and videos taken at the shoots they'd make a fortune.