Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

Just now, Schemer said:

Sure but modeling is different. From what I noticed, most top fashion moms have a return pretty fast.

Yes I have noticed that trend! But seeing how Candice is, I sort of see her spending quality time with her child since those first few years are very crucial for a child's development, mind especially :yes: But heck, we shall see soon enough what she decides of course.

I have long thought it's highly possible she doesn't return and just retires to start a big family of her own.

She has reached the mountain top in the industry, has nothing left to do, is super wealthy and clearly loves being a mother. 

I was just afraid to ever voice that opinion because of exactly how people are reacting on here. It's not even a negative opinion, it's just a different opinion from the "can't wait for her return, she'll be amazing" crowd.

With that said, I do wonder, since she is probably under contract still for a number of brands, if there are enough unreleased content, especially photos, for companies to go back and use for campaigns if she decides not to return? Thoughts?

Candice likes to be a model. I think she will come back, and also come back to NY, I will try to keep faith in her comment in a post by Joan S.
But now the Anacã is only 4 months old (complete on 05), I think she should come back to work at the end of March, when he will be almost 6 months old. It is usually at this time that mothers stop breastfeeding. Without breastfeeding, I think it's easier for her to work (and her breasts "back to normal").
Everything we have now is a matter of time, but I'm sure Candice will still surprise us a lot! She still young :happy:

2 hours ago, MERPER said:

I have long thought it's highly possible she doesn't return and just retires to start a big family of her own.

She has reached the mountain top in the industry, has nothing left to do, is super wealthy and clearly loves being a mother. 

I was just afraid to ever voice that opinion because of exactly how people are reacting on here. It's not even a negative opinion, it's just a different opinion from the "can't wait for her return, she'll be amazing" crowd.

With that said, I do wonder, since she is probably under contract still for a number of brands, if there are enough unreleased content, especially photos, for companies to go back and use for campaigns if she decides not to return? Thoughts?

Look at Adriana and Alessandra. They probably work less than 15 days a year for VS and still get paid, I can 100% see Candice cutting a similar deal. VS doesn't need her for the website anymore because they've found a new group of women who sell probably just as well. They mostly need her (and Behati) to draw more attention to the big events and the VSFS. She's above the whole shooting 100 days a year for VS shit, IMO. Biotherm has several spokespeople too so they don't need Candicr super often either, and MaxFactor is a beauty brand so they release new products less often and requires less days of work than say VS. She wouldn't be the first model to slow down after having children, and honestly, she earned that right.

Also, neither @PinkCouture or i said anyone is insulting Candice. But literally on every page people are just talking about how she needs to come back asap. She doesn't, and I doubt she likes seeing her so called fans pressuring her every day and complaining about how she is not back to work, and it's the same on her social networks. Maybe it's because Pinky and I are older, but I think it's great she is taking such a long maternity leave and is taking the benefits if the position she is in, more power to her for it.

Do I hope Candice gets back to work eventually? Yes, sure. But whenever she feels like it, not when our fucked up society feels like she needs to be lingerie ready.

48 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Candice gets back to work eventually? Yes, sure. But whenever she feels like it, not when our fucked up society feels like she needs to be lingerie ready.

Jesus Christ...try not to fall off from that high horse of yours.

Certain Conversations Removed.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but that does mean any you are allowed to attack and be aggressive towards another member. There are ways of expressing your opinions in a reasonable manner that is not presumptuous or jerky. We can't all agree but at least try be respectful and civil. Thanks! :flower:

I don't think we've seen the last of our girl. It may be a while until we see her again.. but she'll be back! And even if she does "retire" I have a feeling that we will still see her on occasion when there is something that is important to her. The best example I can think of is her Mothers2Mothers campaign. Even if we don't see her on a regular basis, I'm willing  to bet we will still get work from her. As a Candi fan, I just want her to live her life the way she wants and be happy. 

I still don't get what the whole fuss is or who said something wrong/objectified her in any way. All people said is that they can't wait for her to be back, some may be even more excited than others, but that doesn't mean they're objectifying her... Jeez. And like Schemer said, I don't think she decides what to do with her life based on what people on a  forum will say. Saying that you don't want her to feel uncomfortable coming here doesn't really make any sense to me, I'm pretty sure Candice knows that if she decides to look up something about herself on the internet she knows there will be positive and not so positive posts, that's just what you have to expect when you're famous. Whether some of you like that or not,  you'll just have to deal with it. No one really said anything wrong here when it comes to wanting her to come back.

20 hours ago, Schemer said:
20 hours ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

Many mothers who have the resources, aka money, are more likely to do the such :yes: 

Sure but modeling is different. From what I noticed, most top fashion moms have a return pretty fast.

If she has 20+ mil (conservative estimate)  in the bank then it makes sense for her to extend her break. Candice is not like Gisele/Heidi who would make the most of their time in the limelight.

Still I keep hoping for an early summer comeback :hehe: