Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

I stand with Candy on this one. A women breastfeeding her child in public is perfectly natural and shouldnt be the cause of even the slightest scandal. Its not even a matter of whether some culture accepts or rejects it. Its simply a matter that has to do with convenience. TBH I have seen like  a ton of women do that and it didnt cause any agitation or arousal :p

Well done, Candice! US has an especially hard problem with breastfeeding. And it varies by community, not nationwide. I have lived in places where a large plurality of women breastfed their children openly and in public, and it was both commonly accepted and not seen as in any way strange/out of the ordinary/shameful/etc. I have also lived in another community less than two hours distance from the first, in which a breastfeeding woman was made to feel shamed and asked to leave public establishments. It is better now in that latter place than it was, but breastfeeding is still wrongfully seen as somehow exotic or shameful. It's also seen as something that might be "ok" for the first few weeks or months but not after that. That is wrongheaded, and based on a combination of the prudishness of American society and the effectiveness of generations of formula manufacturers telling people that their product was far superior to breast milk (wrong). Again, well done, Candice!

First of all, congratulations badboy!! Wish you all the best! :heart:

-

On the breastfeeding topic, though: Candice is completely right. I don't get how we got to the point in which this has to be discussed, if it is such a natural and beneficial thing for everyone involved. :idk:

Also, couldnt have said it better:

4 hours ago, elfstone said:

Equating defecating with breastfeeding, and you dare talk about common sense!! :pinch: 

:thumbs_up: