Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

The secret's out

post-71106-0-1446059914-25372_thumb.jpg

We’ve partnered with Victoria’s Secret to bring you the exclusive Victoria’s Secret Shine—it’s a match made in wearables heaven.

Starting tomorrow, you can shine in Pink, with the Victoria’s Secret Shine, available as a gift with purchase at select Victoria’s Secret retail stores and online at victoriasecret.com. Get ready to flaunt your sexiest workout accessory, and check out our favorite Angels absolutely glowing in their Victoria’s Secret Shine.

Source: blog.misfit.com

Candice Swanepoel on Preparing for the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show

post-71106-0-1446059915-15193_thumb.jpg

Being a Victoria’s Secret model is a lot of work, but the girls are especially busy this time of year as the lingerie giant prepares for its annual televised fashion show, which will be staged in London this December. Yesterday, Victoria’s Secret revealed the pièces de résistance for this year’s affair: two bejeweled fantasy bras which Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio will wear on the runway. Needless to say, VS season is in full swing and the models are dutifully promoting the retailer — especially now that the holidays are coming up.

This morning, Candice Swanepoel, last year’s Fantasy Bra model, was on hand at the Victoria’s Secret Herald Square store to promote the retailer’s holiday collection. Sparkly, lacy, frilly bras and panties in hues of red, lavender and black were on display as Candice, looking very sexy and chic in a high-slit asymmetrical skirt and black turtleneck, stopped by to chat with the press. The leggy South African beauty towered over us in her Christian Louboutin So Kate pumps, so we stood on our tiptoes and dished with her on everything from her pre-VS fashion show diet to regifting.

theFashionSpot: This is Victoria’s Secret’s first time showing in London. What are you most excited for?

Candice Swanepoel: I’m most excited for a totally different crowd. It’s been amazing here in New York, but I think the British people are going to freak out because it’s such an extravaganza. I feel like in America, we’ve gotten used to the luxury of VS, so for [the Brits] it’s going to be really exciting. I’m also looking forward to seeing different faces at the show. Plus, it’s always nice for us [models] to travel. The past few years, we’ve been here in New York, running around like crazy. It’s going to be nice — we’re all going to get on a plane together.

tFS: We’re sure there are a lot of guys who would love to be on that plane!

CS: We’re all going to be like [miming putting on a sleep mask], “Don’t talk to me!”

tFS: Hah! Are you going to indulge in any English treats once the show is over?

CS: I grew up on English treats because South Africa has such a big English influence, so I do love a full English breakfast. Eggs, bacon, the whole thing, which actually, I don’t cut out during the show because breakfast is just…you can eat whatever! There’s also shepherd’s pie. English food is all about homey, yummy potatoes and mash, so I’m definitely going to be indulging in that.

tFS: What’s the hardest workout you do to prepare for the show?

CS: The hardest is boxing, but I really enjoy it because it allows me to get a lot out. But the slow, resistance training that I do mostly is what really kills me. People think because it’s slow it doesn’t hurt, but [laughing] it’s that slow burn that gets me!

tFS: How does your diet change in preparation for the show?

CS: I eat really healthily in general. I just feel better that way, but I’ll eat more protein to try and build more muscle because I like strong legs and a bum on the runway. Usually, I don’t think too much about what I eat, other than if it’s fresh or healthy, but in the next five weeks, I’ll be thinking of mixing in veggies and protein with my meal. Maybe even a green juice, so I can feel like I’m doing good to my body.

tFS: The holidays are coming up — what’s the worst Christmas gift you’ve gotten?

CS: Thank God…when I was a kid, I usually got the things I wished for. But I think I got a weird box of biscuits from an aunt or something one year. I was like, “Umm, thanks? My mom could have bought me those!”

tFS: Do you ever regift?

CS: All the time. I’m guilty! It’s actually so nice to be able to do that for my mom and aunts and friends. I get so many beautiful things, but sometimes it’s not really my style, so it’s good to regift. If you haven’t worn it or opened it, it’s fine. Or at least I tell myself that!

tFS: Do you prefer a warm Christmas or cold Christmas?

CS: I’ve never had a cold Christmas, so I couldn’t really tell you, but I’m a summer baby. This kind of weather freaks me out. This weekend I had off, and everyone was like, “Come out! Come out!” and I was like, “Umm…no. I will be at home processing that the weather is not good anymore.” One day I’m gonna live somewhere where it’s summer all the time!

Source: thefashionspot.com