Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

now it started to imitate the repper 

this woman is a myth! 

touching the necklace ... it moves in time to music. 

I want to live a little time  in NY ... 

You go around the streets and see Candice and Doutzen 

who speak quietly ..... I'd die ... I would stop looking at them ..  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

standing still as a statue. 

Doutzen is fantastic  Candice with that blue dress ....... 

no comment :surrender:  :surrender:  :surrender:

Checkout Candice's "gansta music video" on instagram, LOVE IT!  :evil:

PART 1 http://instagram.com/p/n9c8-6yfCa/

PART 2 http://instagram.com/p/n9dZ_4yfC5/

"angelcandicesFor those of you who don't have a sense of humor....I'll keep is strictly #verysexy. -Try being silly once in a while. You actually might like it.... #donthate my #gangstamusicvideo "

TELL EM!

Personally, I love this side of her and thought this was great, but others (particularly people of color) found it insulting.  I can see it both ways.

How was it insulting? If you watch a rap video half the people in the video are moving and acting just like she was. Is it because she's a white girl with blond hair? There's no two sides, she wasn't being offensive, she was acting exactly like the "gangsta's" do in their music videos.

Not trying to be rude, but it's like black people using the world "nigger, or nigga" with their friends, or in their music and then when anyone else uses it it becomes offensive and racist.

How was it insulting? If you watch a rap video half the people in the video are moving and acting just like she was. Is it because she's a white girl with blond hair? There's no two sides, she wasn't being offensive, she was acting exactly like the "gangsta's" do in their music videos.

Not trying to be rude, but it's like black people using the world "nigger, or nigga" with their friends, or in their music and then when anyone else uses it it becomes offensive and racist.

Well, it can, and has, been interpreted by some as a white girl (with blonde hair) making fun of and looking down upon a group of people and their culture.  There are always two sides, not just your interpretation of an event.  You do not have to intend harm to do it.  As for the hip hop artists (I guess they are all gangsters in your opinion), they are making a video for mass consumption.  

As for us black folk and our use of the N-word (you probably should not be using the term openly), its well understood and accepted that it means something utterly different than what it would coming from a non-black person.  If the term is coming from someone of another ethnic group, it is in all likelihood being used in its original context, as a term of utter disrespect and disdain.  

Again, and for the record, I was totally cool with this.  I love this woman to death, and seriously cannot fathom her having a racist bone in her body. I think she truly likes hip hop and was just having fun.  However, I can see it being interpreted differently.  

I agree

I agree

i agree too.. people talk about racism but when they said she's insulting in that vidéo just because it's a white girl with blond hair and blue eye who rap like a gansta, it's rascism too.