Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

1) Grandbazaar

th_077670708_post_71106_0_54760800_13927

1) Sorry i know it's old..but as a Turkish girl and a fan of Candice i have to explain something..

TURKEY IS NOT AN ISLAMIC REPUBLIC . This picture creates a wrong/false image about Turkey.

Grandbazaar IS NOT a religious place, you don't have to cover you hair. I went to the Grandbazaar myself and i didn't cover my hair..In fact no women in my family cover their hair..

2) Blue Mosque
  post-85883-0-1446058015-85957_thumb.jpg

2) If she went to the Blue Mosque here, she has to cover her hair because it's a religious place, so here ok i understand.

3) Ephesus near Izmir Turkey

post-85883-0-1446058015-88951_thumb.jpg

Sorry but here it's sad and funny at the same time because i know this place very well , i went it myself and Ephesus is not a religious place at all.

Izmir is the least religious part of Turkey so this picture creates a wrong/false image about this part of the country where most people don't even cover their hair..

Sorry guys if my post is annoying and i guess you probably don't even care but i always have to explain to people that Turkey is not like Iran..

Vanessaje, I visited Istanbul last November and I went to the Grand Bazaar. Even though it is true that the majority of people walking around there do not wear a hijab, I did see quite a few of them who did. So I don't see the huge cultural error in depicting Candice in wearing one in that context. :idk: It would be like having a photoshoot at Yankee stadium with Candice wearing a Yankees cap and then saying this misrepresents NY Yankees fans because not all of them wear a cap to the stadium.

BTW, Istanbul is a lovely city (though my favorite part was actually across the Bosporus in the Asian section, which somehow felt more laid back). :)

1) Grandbazaar

th_077670708_post_71106_0_54760800_13927

1) Sorry i know it's old..but as a Turkish girl and a fan of Candice i have to explain something..

TURKEY IS NOT AN ISLAMIC REPUBLIC . This picture creates a wrong/false image about Turkey.

Grandbazaar IS NOT a religious place, you don't have to cover you hair. I went to the Grandbazaar myself and i didn't cover my hair..In fact no women in my family cover their hair..

2) Blue Mosque

post-61157-0-1446058016-53107_thumb.jpg

2) If she went to the Blue Mosque here, she has to cover her hair because it's a religious place, so here ok i understand.

3) Ephesus near Izmir Turkey

post-61157-0-1446058016-53806_thumb.jpg

Sorry but here it's sad and funny at the same time because i know this place very well , i went it myself and Ephesus is not a religious place at all.

Izmir is the least religious part of Turkey so this picture creates a wrong/false image about this part of the country where most people don't even cover their hair..

Sorry guys if my post is annoying and i guess you probably don't even care but i always have to explain to people that Turkey is not like Iran..

we already discuss few pages earlier about that i don't think she did it for the religion side at all, on a lot of pics (even behind the scene of ben watts) you can see her hair covered or maybe she wanted to reflect the culture of the places the pictures were taken, who knows? only candice but either way, don't take it as an offense :)