Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

My top ones are Adriana and Doutzen. I like the fuller bodied girls also. (: I'm also a big Erin fan, and Lily has been growing on me too. Magdalena, Barbara, and Gracie are my top girls of the non-Angels group.

Cool, nice to see we have similar taste. I forgot to mention Barbara (full body), but I like Lais as opposed to Gracie.

It's not her fault she's being used so much, people, come on. Everyone who follows VS knows they've been molding this girl to be the head of the brand when Adriana leaves, so why is it surprising to people? I wish she did more high fashion things, more unique shoots, but she's not at that level yet although she's climbing the ladder quite quickly. Give her a break - she's not the one putting the image out there of perfection. I'd hardly imagine she would think that's the case at all.

It's not her fault she's being used so much, people, come on. Everyone who follows VS knows they've been molding this girl to be the head of the brand when Adriana leaves, so why is it surprising to people? I wish she did more high fashion things, more unique shoots, but she's not at that level yet although she's climbing the ladder quite quickly. Give her a break - she's not the one putting the image out there of perfection. I'd hardly imagine she would think that's the case at all.

Its not her fault, its VS' fault. All of their pictures look extremely low budget and basic..even for the newer girls.

But when you think about it, VS isnt about quality of product. They are a middle of the road product that have and continue to be intelligent enough to associate with the worlds greatest models.

Candice is such a great model, I think she should leave VS and go her own route, But maybe she feels that having VS to fall back on makes more sense long term.

I agree whole whole-heartedly with the notion that some models should not be photoshopped.

Emily DiDonato's face should never be photoshopped. Candice's body should never be photoshopped. Her candid's kick-ass compared with her VS shots. GRR

I agree whole whole-heartedly with the notion that some models should not be photoshopped.

Emily DiDonato's face should never be photoshopped. Candice's body should never be photoshopped. Her candid's kick-ass compared with her VS shots. GRR

overused!? I dont get it. not everyone follows victorias secret. I guess this is why "the supermodel era" is long dead and never coming back, I mean if Candice can be considered "everywhere". I suppose people who think this way would have loathed the 90s SUPERMODELS.( talk about everywhere)....I live in America and was without a computer for two months. I open a magazine or turn on the tv during that time and models are hardly anywhere to be heard of minus a few here and there. I will take Candice or any model, any day of the week over reality stars or tween sensations who are the ones truly shoved down our throats these days.

overused!? I dont get it. not everyone follows victorias secret. I guess this is why "the supermodel era" is long dead and never coming back, I mean if Candice can be considered "everywhere". I suppose people who think this way would have loathed the 90s SUPERMODELS.( talk about everywhere)....I live in America and was without a computer for two months. I open a magazine or turn on the tv during that time and models are hardly anywhere to be heard of minus a few here and there. I will take Candice or any model, any day of the week over reality stars or tween sensations who are the ones truly shoved down our throats these days.

(Sorry for advance, my english sucks.) I don't think she can do things without VS, i'm a big fan of her but really, if she's right there actually, it's because of them, if VS won't take her in 2007 i doubt that she'll be as famous as she is know. Remember, when VS discover her, she wanted to go back Africa and go back studying, it was because her career don't work that much right? More, she's too much associate with the brand for left them... She's a part of VS, like Heidi, like Karolina, like Adri and aless, doutzen, Tyra etc.. she's got a perfect body for swimwear, underwear and now she's more a underwear/swimwear model than a HF model so, if she don't work with them anymore, what kind of brands will take her ? it's too late now, she works for them since a few year.. and i don't think it's bad that they overuse her, they overused adriana before, and before adriana it was an another, people talk but if they doing this it's because it works, and it's not Candice's fault, she did what brand wants, she's doing her job and she's doing well and like adriana etc.. her career will be amazing and longer thanks to VS. She's a incredible woman and model, there's nothing else to say about her. I Agree when i heard that she's able to do HF and that she's amazing in HF but maybe candice don't really like HF. I think that if she really like HF she'll doing more fashion week, she'll be more on the catwalk..

Most of you are looking at the issue the wrong way. This is how it works: You're looking for a job, and you get two competing offers with contracts:

1) $250,000 per year, 1 year contract, limited North American exposure on billboards, magazine ads, no television spots, uptight corporate environment that doesn't really care about you or your long-term career, most of the work is shot in photo studios and locations in NYC / LA

2) $5,000,000 per year contract for 5 years, mass worldwide exposure on television, magazine ads, billboards, public appearances, V.S. Fashion Show, photo shoots in St. Barths, St. Tropez, NYC, LA, South Africa, Thailand, etc etc etc, a "family like" atmosphere and team that cultivates you into a star, helping you to land other lucrative contracts with top brands

Which job would you accept if you were Candice?

@slacker

That's a legitimate point. I think Candice is beautiful but as a British observer I have to be honest I see Candice in swimsuit/beach wear more than I see Kate Upton!

I expected her to be more versatile in that she would at 25 had made more inroads into HF getting more Vogue, W, Harpers Bazzar covers editorials e.t.c

2 years ago I would have sworn she would be the next big thing

But her career appears to have taken a step back IMO to the shrine of VS. I%20dont%20know.gif

Doutzen and Karlie bury her when it comes to prestige projects and versatility. Even Anne V has a broader range of work/contracts

I understand VS pays well but more and more it appears to strangulate models' careers rather than make them.

For all the hype/potential attached to Adriana Lima she's just a VS lingerie model with some side projects and a strong fanatical following rather than a truly great model it looks like this will be where Candice is headed. :ninja:

Holy gods yes. I could not agree with this more, I would give anything to have top models more in the spotlight in general, but especially over all these ridiculous reality tv "stars", or the likes of Bieber, Miley, Gomes, Hudgens, Kardashian etc.... I mean top Hollywood actors are one thing, but the others I am sick of.

Forgive me, but I did a thread search didn't see it posted...

Blumarine F/W 13.14

and I guess my only comment on the "overused" thing...its def. not a bad thing in my opinion......I mean say what ya wanna say, but girl works her but off, does this campaign, that campaign, and seems to be really trying to make a name for herself through her work! (IMO) :) :thumbsup:

She is looking lovely in the latest batch of VS pics as well! :heart:

1.jpg

Let me put this simply, Candice is "overused" because she brings in sales and big money. VS is a business. What do most business do? Make as much money as possible and try to have a strong ROI.

If anyone wants VS to stop using Candice, just give them a few million dollars and I am sure they would gladly stop using her (Y) If money is tight I suggest a fundraiser. Bake sale? Car wash? Lemonade stand? Or start a page on a website like http://www.crowdrise.com/