Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

Holiday Confidential with Candice Swanepoel

The lights have all been strung and the holiday playlist is on full blast, which can only mean one thing: the holiday season is officially upon us! And while sipping hot coco in front of a crackling fire and watching your favorite holiday movies with loved ones always gets us into the holiday spirit, nothing says holiday cheer quite like chatting with a heavenly Angel!

Fresh off the Victoria’s Secret runway, we caught up with South African stunner Candice Swanepoel to get the scoop on the Angel’s special holiday plans and all of the goodies on her wish list this year! While giving us a taste of her family traditions from back home, the blue-eyed beauty let us in on everything Santa-related including the dreamy celebrity she wouldn’t mind meeting under the mistletoe! Candice shares all of her amazing tips from which beauty products she travels with to what she swears by when it comes to holiday party fashion. Check out our exclusive interview with Candice below to see if this Angel has been naughty or nice this holiday season!

Do you know where you’ll be for the holidays?

I’m going back to South Africa for the first time in three years so it’s going to be a nice big family get together.

What are some of your favorite holiday traditions with the family?

On Christmas Day, we spend the day at the pool and we throw watermelons in the pool because its so cold that it keeps them cool. We have a big lunch on the lawn, and we have this sort of funny thing that we always do. Everyone in the family sends their two favorite songs and we make a family CD and we kind of have like a big party with everyone’s favorite songs. We get all weird, like family weird.

Do you have a favorite sweet holiday treat?

The food in South Africa and Brazil, where I also spend Christmas sometimes, is just so fresh and healthy and I just love all of the fruits.

Do you have a favorite Christmas movie?

Home Alone is one of my favorites! I watched it when I was really young, before I had even been to New York, so it’s nice for me to drive around here and see it come to life.

Do you have a favorite Christmas gift from years past?

I always loved getting jewelry and girly things when I was a little girl. My mom would always buy me pretty clothes and stuff, but for me, the best gift is to just be together because I have access to a lot of things, so it’s all about the more important things in life.

What do you have on your wish list this year?

It’s tough, because I have access to all of this Victoria’s Secret stuff, so I’m going to be doing a big shop today! I always love to wear lace during the holidays, you know, something a little more sexy. I love all of the pajamas and the slippers for like comfy winter nights and also the new fragrances that just came out. I like to collect them all!

Do you have a favorite one? Yeah, the new Bombshell Diamonds smells great!

If you could meet any celebrity under the mistletoe, who would you want to meet?

Johnny Depp.

Have you been naughty or nice?

I think Santa would say I’ve been naughty this year. Yes, definitely naughty this year!

What is the one beauty product you like to have with you throughout the busy holiday season?

Because we all travel so much and we get tired very easily, I think it’s good to have concealer with you. I always have a little concealer in my bag and an eyelash curler. It just really opens your eyes up a bit.

Any fashion and beauty tips for getting ready for a holiday party?

Start with the lingerie. You always feel better when you know that you’re wearing something sexy underneath. I dress very simply, so I like to kind of accessorize and wear beautiful shoes and lingerie, so I think that helps you to feel good. Also, it’s not really about what you wear, it’s about how you feel. People can see when you’re confident and feeling good.